Portable Car Show Display Stand

cobra1718

Established Member
these look excellent. I would prefer something that would sit in front of the car at bumper level. :idea:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Dude, that's pretty bad ass!!! Nice work!!

Thanks man. I've got 6 in stock now that can be powder coated any color and shipped within 10 days.

these look excellent. I would prefer something that would sit in front of the car at bumper level. :idea:

Thank you. I thought about that, but I'm 6'4'' and something down at bumper level (which is at my knees) can be hard to read. If that's what you want, just let me know how tall you want it and what size you want the top plate and I can get you what you need. :beer:

-Brian

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Here is a Vista Blue one I just got done for an '08 GT500KR

dsc9329z.jpg

dsc9328y.jpg

dsc9319o.jpg

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
very similiar to these:

CUSTOMER PHOTOS

Beware of Lisc. agreements or you could get burned huge $$$:beer:

Why are these similar, because they both hold a picture at a car show? I've seen those things before. Those are the ones that lean against your car for support. :dw: Not against my Shelby!!!

My stand is nothing like those really. Those are a one piece design that you'd be lucky to fit in the back of your mustang at all. That stand you showed is made out of one long piece of metal, with a couple simple bends in it. Then some velcro, if memory serves me correctly. :??: Which would you rather have on a windy day in Chicago, velcro or TIG welded aluminum plate?

The 3-piece design of my stand allows for a MUCH larger poster. 18x24, opposed to what, an 8x11? Not to mention my stand is made out of 20lbs of aluminum plate. My base is .180 thick, with additional 1/2 solid bars TIG welded to it for extra support. My stand is a lot more convenient to travel with too, considering in seconds you can break it down into 3 manageable pieces. All 3 pieces fit in my trunk, with a suitcase and Mach 1000 sub box. Seats NOT folded down. I wonder if you could do that with your stand?

My stand has parts that were milled on a lathe, then TIG welded in a jig for a perfect, repeatable, fit. Nothing at all like the stand you show. I'm not too worried about copyright or licensing agreements. I appreciate you just lookin out for me though.

My stand also will stand by it's self without your car parked on it. Does that one?

Thanks for posting that on MY thread though. :poke: It gives people an idea of some of the lower quality (same idea) stands out there.
You get what you pay for.

Thanks for looking. :beer:

-Brian

BlkGT500nCA

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
Why are these similar, because they both hold a picture at a car show? I've seen those wobbly things before. Those are the ones that lean against your car for support. :dw: Not against my Shelby!!!

My stand is nothing like those really. Those are a one piece design that you'd be lucky to fit in the back of your mustang at all. That stand you showed is made out of one long piece of metal, with a couple simple bends in it. Then some velcro, if memory serves me correctly. :??: Which would you rather have on a windy day in Chicago, velcro or TIG welded aluminum plate?

The 3-piece design of my stand allows for a MUCH larger poster. 18x24 opposed to what, an 8x11. Not to mention it's made out of 20lbs of aluminum plate. My base is .180 thick, with additional 1/2 solid bars TIG welded to it for extra support. My stand is also a lot more convenient to travel with, considering in seconds you can break it down into 3 manageable pieces. All 3 pieces of my stand fit in my trunk, even with a suitcase and MACH 1000 sub box. Seats NOT folded down.

Mine has legs that were milled on a lathe, then TIG welded in a jig for a perfect, repeatable, fit. I'm not too worried about copyright or licensing laws. Not to mention I don't sell stands that say Ford or Chevrolet.:read: Talk about licensing problems.

My stand also will stand by it's self without your car parked on it. Does that one?

Thanks for posting that on MY thread though. :poke: It gives people an idea of some of the lower quality (same idea) stands out there.

Thanks for looking. :beer:

-Brian

BlkGT500nCA

Did you miss the :beer: ?? I wasn't insulting, I like yours and thought I gave some advise if you start running into things like using names and symbols that require lisc. agreement........geez, chill......and for the record, I had the other company site saved but never did buy one......didn't feel it was worth the money

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Did you miss the :beer: ?? I wasn't insulting, I like yours and thought I gave some advise if you start running into things like using names and symbols that require lisc. agreement........geez, chill......and for the record, I had the other company site saved but never did buy one......didn't feel it was worth the money

No hard feelings at all. The only reason I made my stand is because I couldn't find what I needed anywhere else. :beer: All is well.

I love comparing my stand to the other guy's.

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
nice, only thing is I dont like it blocking the car but... not much you can do about that honestly :( and being under the tire keeps it save from idiots bumping into it or the wind blowing it over.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
nice, only thing is I dont like it blocking the car but... not much you can do about that honestly :( and being under the tire keeps it save from idiots bumping into it or the wind blowing it over.

It doesn't block much of the car.

500zf.jpg

Also, you don't have to rivet that center sheet onto the legs if you didn't want to, it's just somewhere to add stripes/graphics. It won't effect the stability of the stand if that sheet isn't there and then you'd be able to see right through. I can also laser cut graphics into that sheet to make it see through.:rockon:

-Brian

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Here's a picture of a couple center sections to some stands I made last week. :banana:

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
dsc7482v.jpg

Patent pending

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
These are beautiful - how much has shipping been running on these?

Thanks a lot man. You should see that gloss black one in person, it's really good lookin. I finally got some custom boxes made which has helped in the shipping department. I'm in CA and to ship one to PA would be $40. It's a 38x8x28, 32lb box. Let me know if you've got any more questions. :banana:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I found this pic online here the other day. Next to this dude's sweet Saleen is one of my stands w/ a Super Snake.
75114115.jpg

This customer got a nice Saleen graphic made for his stand.
saleenw.jpg

My car this weekend at a show. Got a 1st place trophy too. :banana:
30734965e.jpg

Another customers KR. :rockon:
80641204.jpg

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I decided to do some durability test on my stand today. My plan was to make a quick 3 minute video showing my partner and I assaulting my stand, but my new canon camcorder did not want to cooperate with us. All I got were a few still shots. Please check them out.

I thew a 50Lb weight on the top of my stand to show how strong it is. This was done on an unfinished stand and without the sheet of clear UV protecting acrylic mounted, but it still gives you an idea of what this stand can take. When I get some more time I'll get that video of my daughter and I shaking the stand for all we're worth. When this stand is properly assembled it is virtually impossible for it to ever damage any part of your car because no part of the stand ever touches anything except the bottom of your tire. You can comfortable walk away from your car at shows and know everything will be safe.

img0132ug.jpg

img0136g.jpg

My precious baby girl who is turning 3 today. 8/17/07 Happy Birthday baby!
img0129ug.jpg

It was clear that I hadn't brought enough weight with me to properly display this stands integrity, so I threw my floor jack up there for good measure.
img0140th.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread