Beware! Cruizin Concepts Wholesale STOLE My Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
It came to my attention the Cruizin Concepts Wholesale LLC has used my photography without my consent.

2003 Cobra Deep Dish Wheels

This is Skaarew04SVT's car that I photographed when he had the 03 Deep Dish wheels on his car. (As many of you have seen posted here)

I tried to send a bill for the photos, unsucessfully, via Certified Letter.

Does anyone know of the Physical Address of Cruizin Concepts? The only thing I show is a P.O. Box in Georgia.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

Ironhand

Banned
Id call them and tell them that your gonna put it up on all the forums that are visited by their customers. Then you will file some sort of suit. Not sure what applies here but Im sure you can come up with something Kevin. Sorry to hear about it. This company and LFP are two I will never deal with because of shady business practices.

stangposse

Established Member
Are those photos copyrighted? Did you have them for sale? How did they get them?

Ironhand

Banned
Oh, Can we make this a sticky as well? Just like Ray Hilton's thread...

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
did you try calling?
I tried calling the accounting department and left a message but no call back.

Id call them and tell them that your gonna put it up on all the forums that are visited by their customers. Then you will file some sort of suit. Not sure what applies here but Im sure you can come up with something Kevin. Sorry to hear about it. This company and LFP are two I will never deal with because of shady business practices.
Yeah. I actually like sharing my pictures with all of you guys, but if this is what I am going to get I might just stop posting them all together.

What really burned me was that they added their name as a watermark! Like it was theirs to begin with! That and making money off of my pictures is not legal!

I'm sorry but they will have to pay me for the use of them.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Are those photos copyrighted? Did you have them for sale? How did they get them?
Copyrighted, yes. For sale, no.

Not sure how they got them? :shrug: Off of seeing them on here maybe? :shrug:

Anyone can save pictures they see online, but once you put them on your website and start making money on them, then it becomes illegal.

stangposse

Established Member
Copyrighted, yes. For sale, no.

Not sure how they got them? :shrug: Off of seeing them on here maybe? :shrug:

Anyone can save pictures they see online, but once you put them on your website and start making money on them, then it becomes illegal.

That's f'ed up.

How ironic is it that I'm shopping for a new front rim and they have what I'm looking for. Slim chance they get my biz now.

Hey....if $140 is fair compensation for your photos (I have no idea of the value), tell them to send me a free 18x9 Black Saleen replica and I'll send you the the $140. :shrug:

Last edited:

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
Photos

The photos taken were not extracted and/or taken by Cruizin staff. Furthermore for any readers interested, these photos have not been properly copyrighted and/or watermarked. Proper copyrights and watermarks assure prevention of unauthorized submissions of vehicles. A watermark copyright is the quickest and easiest way as you can simply place this on the face of the image. Simply put our staff does not hover the web for photos and has no need to. LRS and many other websites allow users to submit photos within seconds and this is similar to the likes of youtube and photo bucket. Watermarks though ultimately prevent the misuse of your photos and we advise anyone posting photos in a public setting to use this as you can do it in something as simple as paint which comes standard on every windows based operating system.

CCMS LLC does not condone or operate in a fashion where photos are stolen or misused. We are an ethical company that has served the online community since 2001. CCMS LLC is not a new company or irrelevant company trying to gain any advantage by misuse as we have had many photos submitted from customers over the years. We are a very well established and connected with the Mustang enthusiast community and we love to serve others to the best of our abilities. We would never knowingly create any misunderstandings and/or take use of someone's property.

Most of you have heard of us as we advertise in many places and are featured on just about every book shelf in the country with the likes of magazines such as 5.0 Magazine and Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. We use all of our own images for these advertisements like major national publications.

Any accusations and/or slander without proof of wrongdoing by CCMS LLC is not taken lightly and shouldn't be done before simply giving us a call and really a simple chance to look into the matter. Our company has firmly not broke any laws and we have staff members that are well versed in these areas which will be taking this matter up personally in the upcoming days.

Please leave behind any mere speculation and avoid labeling something as fact prior to contacting us about a simple matter. This didn't need a letter and could have been simply solved with a toll free phone call, so that it didn't cost you a cent. We apologize for this and I can take you for your word that these were not submitted or supplied by the user in this thread. Our staff would be happy to verify with you some basic things so that the photos can be removed per your request, especially being that it has offended you. We certainly don't want you offended and we can easily replace these photos the moment these are removed, so we had no need of them for profit.

Our staff is happy to discuss any such matters further and we are mostly easy to work with. Thank you for hearing me out regarding this matter and I hope that we can fix this matter and all be happy. If anyone has any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our customer service center at 888-630-0655. I or another manager on duty would be happy to discus this in length. Furthermore if there are any deeply technical legal questions that I cannot answer, we can also direct anyone to our attorney who would be able to go into articulate detail if needed. Thank you all and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Greg

Last edited:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
The photos taken were not extracted and/or taken by Cruizin staff. Furthermore for any readers interested, these photos have not been properly copyrighted and/or watermarked. Proper copyrights and watermarks assure prevention of unauthorized submissions of vehicles. A watermark copyright is the quickest and easiest way as you can simply place this on the face of the image. Simply put our staff does not hover the web for photos and has no need to. LRS and many other websites allow users to submit photos within seconds and this is similar to the likes of youtube and photo bucket. Watermarks though ultimately prevent the misuse of your photos and we advise anyone posting photos in a public setting to use this as you can do it in something as simple as paint which comes standard on every windows based operating system.

CCMS LLC does not condone or operate in a fashion where photos are stolen or misused. We are an ethical company that has served the online community since 2001. CCMS LLC is not a new company or irrelevant company trying to gain any advantage by misuse as we have had many photos submitted from customers over the years. We are a very well established and connected with the Mustang enthusiast community and we love to serve others to the best of our abilities. We would never knowingly create any misunderstandings and/or take use of someone's property.

Most of you have heard of us as we advertise in many places and are featured on just about every book shelf in the country with the likes of magazines such as 5.0 Magazine and Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. We use all of our own images for these advertisements like major national publications.

Any accusations and/or slander without proof of wrongdoing by CCMS LLC is not taken lightly and shouldn't be done before simply giving us a call and really a simple chance to look into the matter. Our company has firmly not broke any laws and we have staff members that are well versed in these areas which will be taking this matter up personally in the upcoming days.

Please leave behind any mere speculation and avoid labeling something as fact prior to contacting us about a simple matter. This didn't need a letter and could have been simply solved with a toll free phone call, so that it didn't cost you a cent. We apologize for this and I can take you for your word that these were not submitted or supplied by the user in this thread. Our staff would be happy to verify with you some basic things so that the photos can be removed per your request, especially being that it has offended you. We certainly don't want you offended and we can easily replace these photos the moment these are removed, so we had no need of them for profit.

Our staff is happy to discuss any such matters further and we are mostly easy to work with. Thank you for hearing me out regarding this matter and I hope that we can fix this matter and all be happy. If anyone has any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our customer service center at 888-630-0655. I or another manager on duty would be happy to discus this in length. Furthermore if there are any deeply technical legal questions that I cannot answer, we can also direct anyone to our attorney who would be able to go into articulate detail if needed. Thank you all and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Greg

Sooo..

In essence, you agree you STOLE his photos and want us to be OK with that.

Go take a hike. You need to take down the photos or give the man a cut.

You act like a scumbag saying things like a phone call could have resolved it. The man made more than one attempt. You didn't want to address it.

I will never do business with you and will make sure my buddies don't either.

I think I can speak for more than myself when I say: Do that right thing or just go away. Thanks.

Just the fact that you resorted to using someone elses photography without any research or permission in the first place shows what a lazy and poorly managed company your little operation is. And an LLC sounds cool, but anyone can start their own. It just happens to be better than sole proprietorship because the owners personal property is not at risk if something goes down and the tax situation is better.

Last edited:

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
good buddy of mine had this happen to him with a brakes product company. could actually identify him driving the car, lol. he contacted them about it and they were really cool. gave him free sets of pads an rotors, front an back. good luck!

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
Sooo..

In essence, you agree you STOLE his photos and want us to be OK with that.

Go take a hike. You need to take down the photos or give the man a cut.

You act like a scumbag saying things like a phone call could have resolved it. The man made more than one attempt. You didn't want to address it.

I will never do business with you and will make sure my buddies don't either.

I think I can speak for more than myself when I say: Do that right thing or just go away. Thanks.

No way?? Maybe you misunderstood. Users submit photos every day. I explicitly said we did not take any photos. Period. I also said our staff would have been happy to take care of the issue. I'll be clear. We have no need to take photos from anyone and we cannot authenticate every users photo submission. We couldn't do this no more than YouTube can monitor everything that's submitted. I'm not sure how you took that out of context or why your trying to be rude with me? I'm simply trying to address an issue raised and non of what was said was offensive or to cause smart remarks. I am sorry if you took it that way and hopefully we can move past this, as slinging mud will only interrupt addressing the real issue for the individuals car.

I just read my entire statement again and it seems to be clear. You may have gotten that though from the beginning when I was providing a tip for anyone on how to protect your photos with a simple watermark. My lending advise on how to protect your photos didn't imply or represent what you stated in any form. Again not trying to be offensive and would like to focus on insuring that the individual is taken care of and that misguided assertions aren't just thrown out there that people just go around all day taking photos lol. Thanks again for everyone attention.

Last edited:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
good buddy of mine had this happen to him with a brakes product company. could actually identify him driving the car, lol. he contacted them about it and they were really cool. gave him free sets of pads an rotors, front an back. good luck!

Something similar to that sounds in order here.

how about a new set of wheels for the guy. Or royalties.

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
Something similar to that sounds in order here.

how about a new set of wheels for the guy. Or royalties.

We are happy to help the customer in any way. If we were to keep the photos I'm sure our staff would be fine with royalties but we have no need of the photos once taken down as we will have replacements. You're correct in that we certainly want the individual to be happy and anything we can do to make someone happy is in our interest. Bare in mind again though we didn't steal the photos and we are just now finding out about it. We are again more than happy to take them down. We have no need of the photos for profit as we have other photos of these wheels installed. This wheel has been on the market for about 2 years so photos for those of us that sell this product are not in short supply and we could have used dozens of other photos which would have avoided an inadvertent misunderstanding and assertions. To bad some other car wasn't used. He does have a nice looking ride though. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread