Focus RS Brembo calipers are back...

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
OK, actually they aren't, but these turned out pretty nice anyway!!!

Got the bodies back yesterday and put in about an hour to re-build them so they are ready to go (including speed bleeders). The original black finish was pretty ratty looking, so thought this would be a cool change from the status quo.

Looking forward to '11 when I can get these and the new springs, IRS brace, etc., all mounted up! Cheers.

P1020022.jpg

P1020025.jpg

P1020032.jpg

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Now the only difference between them and the Cobra Rs are that they come stock silver and the Cobra Rs come stock black. They were a lot cheaper also back in the day. They are great looking. I need to do bigger brakes. Suppose to be a good inexpensive upgrade over our stock setups. Should of been put on our cars from the factory.

Last edited:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Can you give me some more details please. These are for a focus?? These are the same as the 00R brembo's? I am looking at upgrading my front brakes, and would like some additional info on these, like price, availability. Anything helps! Thanks

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Yep, same casting by Brembo: "20.7365.00". These actually were original calipers off a 2000 R, but needed to get a serious cleaning. Just decided to have them stripped and re-coated in silver to match my paint job and the G2 silver coating I already have on the rear calipers.

You can't get the M-2300-B Focus RS kit any longer (excpet in Europe), but I liked this look rather than the black finish...

Last edited:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
got ya, so no dice! oh well. they look good though!

greengt88

Established Member
I bought the 00' R M-2300-X kit, couldn't agree more that they should've been factory equipment on all model cobras. God does it stop nicely now. They need to be warmed up before they work good though. That has to do with the stock Galfer pads though, id like to change them to something else, holy crap are they dirty!! You will love these brakes. Brembo doesn't have the gold slotted rotors anymore so maybe get some Powerslots or DBA rotors. I highly recommend staying away from any sort of cross drilling, they will crack. I put powerslots on the rear with Stop-Tech pads.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Yeah, my last fun car was a 2006 Volvo S60R - had four Brembo calipers!! When you got on the brakes hard, your eyes felt like they were coming out. Looking forward to getting these mounted, but will have to deal with the Galfer pads for a while anyway!

oldmodman

Established Member
I have the black ones, and when they start to get worn looking I might just go with silver powder coat. Yours look great now.
And where did you get the Brembo logo to paint on? That wasn't done free hand was it"

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The shop that did the job does mostly Viper stuff, but Brembo's are Brembo's. They used a vinyl Brembo logo that probably won't last very long. Luckily you can buy high-temp decal sets in varying colors all over eBay (just search "Brembo decal"), so I picked up some spares there for when these come off!

Last edited:

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
So what did you all do them, you striped them or sad blased them? then you just painted or power coated them? what to do mine? lol how hard is the rebuild to do on them you did it your self?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I think I understood most of that...

Took the pistons out myself and had them blasted and powder-coated. Put them back together and decided to re-bend my own custom bridge tubes since the originals were kind of beat up. It was all fairly simple. Also put new stainless screws in for the abutment plates (next to each pad) since those screws were kind of trashed...they were a bit of a pain to get out, but I wanted them to be 100% bare before the blasting & coating job.

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Those eBay calipers have been sitting on the shelf for 4 years after coming off of a Bullit. Good chance the seals are dried out and would need to be replaced. I'd figure that into the cost as well.

Users who are viewing this thread