Good day Gents....

Z06/SVT

Established Member
New to the forum.. ( Cobra's). However, have a friend who owns a shop here in TX that is very well versed on them. I am considering trading my 2001 Corvette Z06 for an 03-04 Terminator Cobra. My Vette is nicely and tastefully built. I am a 47 y/o man who loves cars amd consider them as an investment. My Z06 will not disappoint!

From my research and talking to my "Cobra" friend.. these cars are forged and can be built to be screamers... for not alot of $$$... He has told me, these are not Drag strip cars but real nice hwy toys... ( although some drag race i am sure). I do NOT!

Perhaps some of you Cobra veterans can school me up on these Sweet looking cars. I am in NO hurry to get rid of my Z06... As i am sure most of you guy's have invested alot of capital into your Cobra's..

Just consider me a fellow enthiusiast... Not trolling or attempting to pit one car against the other... Educate me... Thanks in advance.
z06hawk5.jpg

Ddawg18

Established Member
New to the forum.. ( Cobra's). However, have a friend who owns a shop here in TX that is very well versed on them. I am considering trading my 2001 Corvette Z06 for an 03-04 Terminator Cobra. My Vette is nicely and tastefully built. I am a 47 y/o man who loves cars amd consider them as an investment. My Z06 will not disappoint!

From my research and talking to my "Cobra" friend.. these cars are forged and can be built to be screamers... for not alot of $$$... He has told me, these are not Drag strip cars but real nice hwy toys... ( although some drag race i am sure). I do NOT!

Perhaps some of you Cobra veterans can school me up on these Sweet looking cars. I am in NO hurry to get rid of my Z06... As i am sure most of you guy's have invested alot of capital into your Cobra's..

Just consider me a fellow enthiusiast... Not trolling or attempting to pit one car against the other... Educate me... Thanks in advance.
z06hawk5.jpg

Hello sir and welcome. Beautiful Z06 you have there! From someone that just bought one a month ago, and have done A LOT of research on them with many friends who have them, I will give my insight. I am a bit younger than you but nonetheless 32 with a house, wife, and kid. My wife and I had a 98 cobra convertible and a 97 cobra coupe that we sold to get our 03 silver convertible.

With that being said, we love the power these cars produce and also the street manners they present. If your not mashing the pedal which we rarely do if at all the car drives like a normal vehicle. These cars with stock suspension handle extremely well due to the independent rear suspension (although nothing will Compare to the Z06). With a simple smaller pulley, air intake, exhaust and a tuner, these cars jump about 80hp or more. There are endless possibilities with the motors and the way the car was designed. Last thing, to be honest, the last week or so while driving I can count about 20 Vettes that I have seen and I only have seen 1 terminator. I have had a few people compliment me at traffic lights and or stare at my car, and my car is almost stock besides the above mentioned upgrades. :D

So keep reading around the site, feel free to ask questions, you can PM me if you wanted to know anything specific. The only thing I will say is that since I was 17 I had owned about 30 or so mustangs and this one takes the cake by far. I waited a whIle to get her and I love it! :beer:

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Beautiful Z06. With a ported blower, pulley and a tune you have a fun 500hp car that's a lot of fun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a really nice looking Vette you have there. Welcome to SVTPerformance, and hopefully you'll learn a lot more about the '03-'04 Cobra here. I recommend you browse through my Terminator FAQs. There is a lot of very good, useful info there. Here is the link. Terminator FAQs

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Gorgeous zo6 you have there. Love the rear spoiler and the wheels. What's been done to it.

Scudboy

Evil SVT Poster
Established Member
Jeez Louise that's a nice looking Z06!!! My wife would kill for a Vette like that...I'm glad my car isn't paid off yet. It wouldn't be very hard to convince me to trade.

Beautiful car...GLWT!!!

What's the mileage? Anymore pics?

germeezy1

Established Member
Looks like either the ACI or Carravagio front splitter, and rear spoiler and widebody rear fenders. My C5 looked very similar, and yours is even better looking because it's black!

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
details on the Z06 please. What does not stock mean??

Z06/SVT

Established Member
Well thank you Men for the kind words... You are correct germeezy1.. ACI front splitter, rear wing, Corvette Creationz Carbon Fiber Hood.(painted,blended), Corvette Creationz side skirts.
Suspension wise i am running PFADT Coilovers, PFADT front rear (light) sway bars. Car is set up for Road Racing, Street machine. Wheels are HRE's... ($1100 ea) Nitto Invo's out back
(345's) Michilen Pilot Sports up front.

Motor,tranny rebuilt last year. Car is Heads,Cam,Intake car . Dynoed @ 450/412 to the wheels. Running ported,polished, milled .59cc LS6 heads, Port matched FAST 92 intake, Ported LS2 TB, SVO 30 injectors, LGM G5X2 cam, LS7 lifters, 7.4 hardened pursh rods, ported, shimmed LS6 oil pump, Katech C5R timing chain, PRC valve springs .650 lift, LG Super Pro Long tubes, Corsa Pace Car Indy cat back, Vararam B2 CAI, MN12 trans fully built Viper forks, Billet internals, SS brake lines, cross drilled rotors,hawk pads, Sure i have missed something.. Maybe 18K miles on motor,tranny.. On the fence about trading.. I have built it to suit my taste. Car needs nothing!! Thanks for the kind words.
enginey.jpg

insideca.jpg

nightshot5.jpg

Z06/SVT

Established Member
Almost forgot the TPE T2 rear flared fenders... Cost me a FORTUNE!! Not sure how i missed it...
z06hawk4.jpg

MTBSully

Established Member
So have you already found a trade or are you still looking. I almost bought an 02 z06 before I bought my 04 and I like the way yours looks!

Users who are viewing this thread