Anyone have painted lettering on tires?

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
After browsing images, I've decided that

A) my red lettering idea doesn't look good on anything I've seen

B) white lettering looks great, but only on certain applications, and only if it's a Nitto tire.

I think these cars did it perfect. Most of the other cars i saw look like s*** though

View attachment 1483196

View attachment 1483197
View attachment 1483198

Manny’s GT500 though not a big fan of tire lettering but that car would gap arguably every car on this forum from a roll.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I'f i'm trying to imagine that last car without the lettering, it would look bland af imo.

And I don't know where some of ya'll live, but I can't say I've seen lettering on any cars sporting huge wings with ground effects. On the few examples I've seen, I can remember a Ferrari, couple of s550's, couple of BMW's, a Corvette, and a GTR.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yeah it's a tough crowd round here at times.

Man, you got that right. Some guy paints his Cobra battle ship gray and everyone loves it. I paint my Cobra a racing inspired paint theme with multiple colors and everyone says the work looks good, but the paint job is not their cup of tea LMAO!!!!

I dig the raised white letter look and put them on my Shelby.

Your GT500 looks good Goose, but again, your car has racing stripes and graphics/badging which, to me, gives it a racing theme so the white letters on the tires works IMO. Now if your GT500 was solid blue, I don't think the white raised letters would work as well.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think the word that comes to mind with the racing theme paints and tire lettering is "tacky"

LOL, guess everyone has an opinion and you're entitled to yours. I happen to think that it "can" be "Cool" if done right.

I don't think my paint job is tacky at all. I don't think Goose's GT500 is tacky at all.

However, there are some cars out there that I have to ask myself "What were those guys thinking when they did that?" LMAO!!!

So, you stick to your solid colors and play it safe and I'll be bold and modify my car visually and take your criticism :rolleyes:. Tis the SVT way. Modify your car to go fast and everyone here gives you a thumbs up. Modify your car visually and everyone's a critic. Been dealing with it since I signed up here in 2008 and I'm okay with it because I have an opinion too LMAO!!!

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Man, you got that right. Some guy paints his Cobra battle ship gray and everyone loves it. I paint my Cobra a racing inspired paint theme with multiple colors and everyone says the work looks good, but the paint job is not their cup of tea LMAO!!!!

Your GT500 looks good Goose, but again, your car has racing stripes and graphics/badging which, to me, gives it a racing theme so the white letters on the tires works IMO. Now if your GT500 was solid blue, I don't think the white raised letters would work as well.

Totally agree. The raised lettering ties the rest of his car together pretty well. Without the white stripe and graphics, it would probably look totally out of place.

I think some folks stick with vanilla ice cream their whole lives. I like variety. I appreciate cars (minus the majority of Japanese crap), and I like people who put time and effort into making their's unique. It may not always be my cup of tea, but it beats the monotony of seeing the same handful of exterior mods on every other car. JMO though. To each his own...

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
SDC11116.jpg

SDC11117.jpg

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
LOL, guess everyone has an opinion and you're entitled to yours. I happen to think that it "can" be "Cool" if done right.

I don't think my paint job is tacky at all. I don't think Goose's GT500 is tacky at all.

However, there are some cars out there that I have to ask myself "What were those guys thinking when they did that?" LMAO!!!

So, you stick to your solid colors and play it safe and I'll be bold and modify my car visually and take your criticism :rolleyes:. Tis the SVT way. Modify your car to go fast and everyone here gives you a thumbs up. Modify your car visually and everyone's a critic. Been dealing with it since I signed up here in 2008 and I'm okay with it because I have an opinion too LMAO!!!

Totally agree. The raised lettering ties the rest of his car together pretty well. Without the white stripe and graphics, it would probably look totally out of place.

I think some folks stick with vanilla ice cream their whole lives. I like variety. I appreciate cars (minus the majority of Japanese crap), and I like people who put time and effort into making their's unique. It may not always be my cup of tea, but it beats the monotony of seeing the same handful of exterior mods on every other car. JMO though. To each his own...

Thanks guys. I like wild “in your face” cars that grab your attention. They get me fired-up. It’s why I have a Mystichrome Terminator. It doesn’t get any more wild than that.

Like you both eluded to... it’s not for everyone. Some will scoff at any mods that aren’t performance mods. Others will slam you for your appearance mods. I do what I like. I also put rear window louvers on the back of my Shelby. :eek:

I dig the raised white letter tires.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL

Looks goofy, but it looks like he has canards on the front, and I would imagine a big front splitter. Looks like he actually tracks it, so I don't mind it as much.

Examples:

upload_2018-4-27_9-10-41.png

upload_2018-4-27_9-10-48.png

upload_2018-4-27_9-10-56.png

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yeah, what's wrong with big spoilers???? LMAO!!!

Seen this on the way home yesterday. Thought it was a ricer thing, but I guess Chevy guys like them too LOL.

View attachment 1483485
Ran into a Vette with a similar set up coning home from Fabulous Fords Forever a couple weeks ago. He picked on one of my buddies. But it was obvious the guy used his car for track fun.

Users who are viewing this thread