Demon on the Loose...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
image.png
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2013-shelby-gt500-drag-times-thread.871937/

There's this thread on Svtp.

People have gone 127mph in stock gt500's. Lots of people have gone 130+ with minor mods. 140+ A handful of times.

This completely corroborates my claim that halo runs (rare) are right there with a demon, and so on and so on with similar weather/altitude and track conditions.

It's very funny how closely what I said earlier matches up to all of these times pretty much perfectly.

The caviate thing about takin it literally as ONE pulley, and non race gas and bla bla bla is straw grasping. $2k in mods and some slicks/skinnies puts a gt500 in stripped demon kill mode territory and a bit passed street/full interior demons.

Now, if we can see what people get done with demons... I want to see what one will do with a ported blower, 150 shot and e85 with e-dumped headers and some more weight pulled out to get it to 3999 or lighter. I think they have an 8.99@152-153 in them with that kind of combo. I think that $2k in mods plus wheels and tires would make for an epic beast.

It's a great time for American performance. Even the new zl1 is badass and has huge potential. You can get into the 9's as easy today as 11's were 10 years ago. Nuts.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 95759
People have gone 127mph in stock gt500's. Lots of people have gone 130+ with minor mods. 140+ A handful of times.

For the record, there are no 140mph cars with a tune/exhaust/pulley/tire combo.

Splitting hairs? Sure.

But they were your words, not mine.

It's very funny how closely what I said earlier matches up to all of these times pretty much perfectly.

You use the adjectives closely, pretty much, and then say perfectly.

Except the facts dont match your words.

I'll agree that the facts closely match, but those same facts nowhere near perfectly match your words.

The caviate thing about takin it literally as ONE pulley, and non race gas and bla bla bla is straw grasping. $2k in mods and some slicks/skinnies puts a gt500 in stripped demon kill mode territory and a bit passed street/full interior demons.

Speach, in its very nature, is literal.

If you meant something else, why not just say it?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Semantics and gray hairs don't matter until the matter at hand is too trivial to discuss.

By the notion that speech is a literal affair, the society would become a drab and clinical place. Speech by its nature is not literal, it is as we know an element of communicating in the human capacity on this planet and possibly elsewhere.

This would be our world if speech was a literal constant:

"Can I get some water please?"

Waitress brings a manager. Claims they were confused and didn't want to offend you. The manager responds:

"Yes, would you like it in a drinkable form such as from a glass, or in a bowl or moist towel or other?"

You'd look at them like morons.

"Let me have a number 6 with fries and a coke"

"Sir, you will have to pay for that with legal tender. We accept American dollars, visa Amex MasterCard discover and voyager"

You'd tell them to obviously you planned to pay for it.

"I like this car, I'll take it!"

The salesman would be nervous and quickly call out to the receptionist:

"Cindy, call the police, the gentleman is insisting and may try to steal the car!!!"

You get the point.

Bolt ons include pulley combos. And technically, things like throttlebodys, mafs, etc are on the intake. And technically headers are on the exhaust. Hell, technically the power adder is on the intake side and bolts on but I never claimed a blower swap is needed to run 9's.

Basic performance upgrades are bolt ons and freebies. People used to advance distributors, remove smog pumps, adjust the carb, and take off the exhaust. They did that as well as intake and exhaust headers, and some better plugs. They didn't recite the whole damn set of changes, they said it's got some intake and exhaust work, and is tuned.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bolt ons include pulley combos. And technically, things like throttlebodys, mafs, etc are on the intake. And technically headers are on the exhaust. Hell, technically the power adder is on the intake side and bolts on but I never claimed a blower swap is needed to run 9's.

So Hillary got your vote. I get it.

The least you can do is tell the truth and not waffle all of your positions on a car forum.

"A tune/pulley/exhaust GT500 on slicks"

and

"Full bolt on including everything other than opening the motor" are nowhere near the same thing.

Nice try though!

Remember this little part?

A trinity car on slicks with a tune pulley and full exhaust is probably door to door with these things.

Come on now!

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You podesta worshipers need to get back to spirit cooking. I rested my case, you guys are fake news.

Damn demon worshippers. Satan is bad kids, so no to globalism.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So I'm bringing this back from the dead. If you guys are not taking the Demon serious your delusional. My Charger, heavier, less hp, no transbrake, no converter, no fancy suspension, STOCK except for a K&N CAI and 555r's mounted on the factory 20" rims went 10.90 @ 127. It also went 10.91 and 10.93. The Demon will straight up ass rape my car which is the equivalent or slightly quicker/faster than a 13/14. Just deal with the facts.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So I'm bringing this back from the dead. If you guys are not taking the Demon serious your delusional. My Charger, heavier, less hp, no transbrake, no converter, no fancy suspension, STOCK except for a K&N CAI and 555r's mounted on the factory 20" rims went 10.90 @ 127. It also went 10.91 and 10.93. The Demon will straight up ass rape my car which is the equivalent or slightly quicker/faster than a 13/14. Just deal with the facts.

Thats damn good. Totally agree with you. Deamon is no joke.

13/14 what? GT500?

Yes, the one and only.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Yes 13/14 GT500. Demon stock for stock will be own.

Yea... no doubt. Stock for stock, my 16 Challenger Hellcat and 13 GT500 ran almost identical ET and MPH. Even if the Demon came with regular street tires instead of the Nittos... its a no brainer.

I'm going to go see a guy about buying a Demon tomorrow. Depends on what they will give me for my Hellcat. But I think I'm looking at $93k OTD.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Yea... no doubt. Stock for stock, my 16 Challenger Hellcat and 13 GT500 ran almost identical ET and MPH. Even if the Demon came with regular street tires instead of the Nittos... its a no brainer.

I'm going to go see a guy about buying a Demon tomorrow. Depends on what they will give me for my Hellcat. But I think I'm looking at $93k OTD.

Good luck. I really don't see the street driving manners being any different than a Hellcat. So the car will be a big win.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bigger blower, better trans among other significant improvements with a 3.09 gear and of course it will be serious and have great mod potential. I don't see it easily matching SRTs 9.60s do to the perfect conditions but it will be a very fast car. I still live my Charger HC as a killer DD. Just about to remount the performance snow tires :(
-J

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Just about to remount the performance snow tires :(-J

Sucks for you guys up North...I'm going in the polar opposite direction; just ordered a set of factory repro 10.5" tires and some 305/35/20 MT's for my trips to the track (now that the weather down here is finally getting track friendly)...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks for you guys up North...I'm going in the polar opposite direction; just ordered a set of factory repro 10.5" tires and some 305/35/20 MT's for my trips to the track (now that the weather down here is finally getting track friendly)...
Yep it's funny the polar opposite on the track experience. I run 10.5 Factory Reproductions with 305 555Rs and they're much better than stock obviously. First car I've gone from drag radials to snow tires. I was really good last winter on performance snows. I'd expect the Demon will too haha.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread