Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 - 563 RWHP and 562 RWTQ Video! (Pulley Swap)

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
03Terminator said:
I was at Evolution Performance this past Friday/Saturday getting a 5 lug conversion done to my car and saw this car in person. They were actually finishing up the work on the car while I was there. The car is even more impressive in person than in the pictures. I say people just need to chill and let Evolution respond before jumping to any conclusions. The guys at Evolution were very friendly and professional. I would not hesitate to take my car back to them in the future. :beer:

Do you work in there PR department?

JSHTROD

Established Member
I just read all 5 pages of this.

What does a 03/04 cobra make with a Ported Blower, 2.6 pulley, intake and exhaust?

I didn't see any 'corrected' numbers, so I'm assuming this 563rwhp is ACTUAL.

:dw:

dynobobstieg

Again, First I was told on the phone the blower made 10 HP on the stock pulley and then I read on this forum that the blower made zero then evolution edited zero and put 2 HP, (after I called and spoke with Fred which again he repeated the blower made 10 HP.)
Obviously, I made a wrong choice to sponser the blower port to this company. I will conduct my own tests and reveal the results of porting and pulley swaps.
We will give accurate and honest results as always.

Tucker

dgussin1 said:
maybe I should get my blower ported to figure out all of this nonsence. I need a cai first though and my maf counts are at 1008 at 6500 rpm.
I've got the cure for that coming soon...........................................:D:D :D

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
mustang dyno...........:xpl:

let us know when it gets on a dynojet so we can see what its making rather then fiddling with the mustang dyno inputs that most dyno places screw up in there favor

not saying the car doesnt make power

i just want to see it on something we all can compair to and not have any guesstamating

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
JSHTROD said:
I just read all 5 pages of this.

What does a 03/04 cobra make with a Ported Blower, 2.6 pulley, intake and exhaust?

:dw:
Corrected or uncorrected? :eek:

Like anybody, I just want to know what the car dyno'd (corrected) and a complete list of mods.
Aside from Bob's comments, I'm not sure any of us are in the position to state that Evolution deliberately withheld info about the car, but it sure seems that way. :dw:
S.

primetime

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Like JLT said, the blower port netted a 2hp gain and a 9tq loss according to Evolution. Why bother listing something that gave you such little gain and an actual loss in torque? Some in here act like he's trying to hide something by NOT listing it? IMHO nothing could be further from the truth! What does this tell us? A couple of things. The blower apparently doesn't respond to this "particular porting procedure" like the last Eaton did and possibly the blower is somewhat efficient in stock form. Maybe the porting configuration needs to be changed somehow? I don't know? It's not my area of expertise! But with more experience we will ALL learn more about this car and what works and doesn't work.

I think people would like to see it listed and what the true results were. That way people will know what to spend their money on and what not too spend their money on. Why not post it if it lost HP? People should know this.

I think people are skeptical because their(Evolution) posts say they made 2hp and steig. is saying they told him it made more. Why the disparity?

Personally, I haven't seen the blower or the internals but I am willing to bet porting will help the airflow resulting in more HP.

Not trying to start a flame fest so please don't ban me:)

As for those calling people like Andy and Snorman haters please get a clue. later Ron

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:
Sorry haters, but the GT500 is terminating the terminator, like it or not.
Where do some of you goofballs come up with the idea that '03/'04 owners are jealous or insecure about the GT500?

Honestly, this is such a ridiculous comment that I regularly see in this forum I have to LMFAO everytime I see it. My '03 makes well over 600rwhp (even when it had stock cats on it) and I have no intention of dumping it for a GT500. But if the GT500 turned out to be an even better incarnation of the '03/'04 car, it might be an option. I'm all for the car to live up to the hype, but it's hard to figure out when bad info is being passed.
:shrug:
S.

Formula51

Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
Where did the 60 hp and torque increase come from? The pulley alone or the pulley/port combo?? That's the million dollar question. :shrug:

Yes, that is the question.

According to who's account you follow, the car made 0hp, 2hp, or 10hp with the ported blower and STOCK pulley.

So, when they bolted on the smaller pulley and retuned, how much of that power increase (~60hp) was attributed to the blower port? My guess is about 20-25hp as the airflow becomes much more critical with the increased boost from the smaller pulley.

bubbrubb

Snorman said:
Where do some of you goofballs come up with the idea that '03/'04 owners are jealous or insecure about the GT500?

Honestly, this is such a ridiculous comment that I regularly see in this forum I have to LMFAO everytime I see it. My '03 makes well over 600rwhp (even when it had stock cats on it) and I have no intention of dumping it for a GT500. But if the GT500 turned out to be an even better incarnation of the '03/'04 car, it might be an option. I'm all for the car to live up to the hype, but it's hard to figure out when bad info is being passed.
:shrug:
S.
I agree with you Snorman, I think that sometimes the goofballs generalize too much when they say that the Shelby is terminating the terminator because there are more than a handful (to say the least) of whippled and KB'd terminators out there that run like raped apes. I think the statement is (hopefully) directed more towards the people that think their 2.8 pullied cobra could outrun the Shelby because their car is being pushed by the hand of God (or so they seem to think sometimes).

basic bolt on for bolt on, I'd imagine that the Shelby will outrun the Terminator everyday of the week, but that isn't really the case right now, since the terminators came out 4 years ago. Seems that some people get up in arms over this type of shit, saying that one generation of cobra is better than the next... thats stupid! everybody should worry about the other brands of cars first, because its all family on this site and we can just make our cars look better (or worse) to the other performance camps.

:idea:

bubbrubb

sambandit said:
So, where did Evolution go in all this? They are being called out now on both boards and are nowhere to be found.....
at 6:59 their profile said that they were online and 'responding' to this thread... buuut I guess not?

Come on Evolution Performance... the longer you let the idle hands of the board work, the bigger mess you're going to have to clean up!

edit: "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 42" I think that means that we want answers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
VelociTT said:
edit: "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 37" I think that means that we want answers!!!
And I'd be willing to bet most of those 19 guests are lurkers from LSx.com.
:lol:
S.

bubbrubb

Snorman said:
And I'd be willing to bet most of those 19 guests are lurkers from LSx.com.
:lol:
S.
most likely... now its 45 people w/ 21 guests... oh, and Evolution is still watching this thread? I hope they are just watching the thread from their dyno computer :D

Ole1830

Established Member