Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 - 563 RWHP and 562 RWTQ Video! (Pulley Swap)

Tucker

If the car made no power from the mod why should Fred point it out and make the vendor look bad.
If it made power it Fred would have posted it and heck, why not? There's nothing to hide here. He had a contract with a vendor to "try" to port a brand new blower, never ported before. It didn't work and and he left it at that.
If at first you don't suceed try try again, right?? He has not put down the vendor, nor his work in the field, but that vendor has come on talking about bad ethics and saying Fred is not telling the truth. This is something that should be taken care of behind the scenes, not in open forum. Fred is very easy to get on the phone.

Think about it. He did the right thing if the blower port made no power. We all can't say he's BS'ing as none of us have been this far with a car this new.

There doing what they want to the car and it's working. The buzz on this car is crazy and it's just plain crazy fast.
Keep it up guys.

Jay

Last edited:

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
this car makes crazy power
i dont care if it is ported or not
still very impressive

i think all the haters just wanna stir thing up here so we can't see this car's potential
look at the power level with minimal mods
this car will make crazy number with Kenne Bell

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
could you point out all these haters your talking about??? there arent any haters here(well, maybe 1 or 2 in this thread but thats hardley worthy of the phrase "all these"). everyone agrees that the car is making a rediculous amount of power, ported blower or not, but its the fact that evoloution performance didnt list the port as a mod. them not listing a ported blower as a mod could also mean there are other things they arent listing, but we dont know for sure. i think we all just need to shut up until evoloution comes in here and makes a post. we need both sides of the story, not just one.

eci

Banned
01MustangGT said:
still very impressive

i think all the haters just wanna stir thing up here so we can't see this car's potential

Wanting an accurate mod list doesn't make someone a hater.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
01MustangGT said:
Oh bullsh*t.
:rollseyes
There's a big difference between making power by bolting on a pulley and tuning it and yanking the blower off, sending it to be ported and reinstalling it. Also, the ice box/IC reservoir isn't listed anywhere by Evolution (but is in the pics, as was the Steggy logo on the blower). It would be nice to know if they are dyno'ing the car with ice, as it will most definitely affect the IAT2 temps, and thus, the power potential.

Simple questions...that's all.
S.

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
01MustangGT said:
still very impressive

What haters? No one came in here and bashed the power output. They bashed evolution for not stating it had a ported blower.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ry_Trapp0 said:
could you point out all these haters your talking about??? there arent any haters here(well, maybe 1 or 2 in this thread but thats hardley worthy of the phrase "all these"). everyone agrees that the car is making a rediculous amount of power, ported blower or not, but its the fact that evoloution performance didnt list the port as a mod. them not listing a ported blower as a mod could also mean there are other things they arent listing, but we dont know for sure. i think we all just need to shut up until evoloution comes in here and makes a post. we need both sides of the story, not just one.

Like JLT said, the blower port netted a 2hp gain and a 9tq loss according to Evolution. Why bother listing something that gave you such little gain and an actual loss in torque? Some in here act like he's trying to hide something by NOT listing it? IMHO nothing could be further from the truth! What does this tell us? A couple of things. The blower apparently doesn't respond to this "particular porting procedure" like the last Eaton did and possibly the blower is somewhat efficient in stock form. Maybe the porting configuration needs to be changed somehow? I don't know? It's not my area of expertise! But with more experience we will ALL learn more about this car and what works and doesn't work.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Snorman said:
+1
I just want to know the full list of mods.
S.

+1

The question that we MUST now all ask is, what ALL mods have truly been done to the car?

Not stirring stuff up, this need to be asked.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Very good point, ac427.
However, Bob Stiegemeier did comment that Evolution told him it gained power with the ported blower and stock pulley. :shrug:
S.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
maybe I should get my blower ported to figure out all of this nonsence. I need a cai first though and my maf counts are at 1008 at 6500 rpm.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dgussin1 said:
maybe I should get my blower ported to figure out all of this nonsence. I need a cai first though and my maf counts are at 1008 at 6500 rpm.

Dave:

It would be VERY COOL if you could get in tight with a shop and do a baseline totally stock then a dyno with each and every mod to see the gains of each? Don't know how feasible or practical that may or may not be?

:shrug:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Stiegemeier said:

I believe the problem most of us are having is the conflicting results from Fred not the car.

Our goal was to get Honest and Accurate results from porting the GT500. Fred did not even mention the blower was ported in his posts until someone called him out about the Stiegemeier logo on the blower during the dyno run.

Kind of makes you wonder.............When you're around a bunch of people that don't know exactly what's done to your car and they ask you, " Hey man, what work do you have done to your car?" Now if I don't want people to know what I've done and all, I'm going to stretch the truth. I'm not implying this is what Evolution is doing but they definetely should have mentioned the ported blower as a mod and what gains they saw from it! I also think that since they have a big vested interest in making this car go fast to drum up some business that they should be documenting every single change made to see what cause and effect it has on performance. This is what you do at the track if you don't have a dyno.....make one change, make one pass and record the results. Hopefully they'll chime in with a response. :rolleyes:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
I'm not implying this is what Evolution is doing but they definetely should have mentioned the ported blower as a mod and what gains they saw from it!

We had Stiegemeier Port the blower. We dynod the car with the stock pulley and the ported blower and there was a 2 horsepower gain, but it lost 9 FT-lbs of torque!
:shrug:

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
Nice. Can anyone say over 600RWHP with bolt-ons? Now alls that need to be done is a ported blower.

Sorry haters, but the GT500 is terminating the terminator, like it or not.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
I was at Evolution Performance this past Friday/Saturday getting a 5 lug conversion done to my car and saw this car in person. They were actually finishing up the work on the car while I was there. The car is even more impressive in person than in the pictures. I say people just need to chill and let Evolution respond before jumping to any conclusions. The guys at Evolution were very friendly and professional. I would not hesitate to take my car back to them in the future. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread