For those thinking VMP TVS

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, E85 and a Gen2R will make over 900rwhp on E85.
Yes, it can cruise with the AC on to the track and drive home like stock.
-J

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yea pretty much. but the s550 motors come apart after 800 whp. basically about a 100 more hp then the S197 cud handle on average.

I'm sure a few have lived past that but most will not. thats still sick hp from a stock motor tho.

Yes, E85 and a Gen2R will make over 900rwhp on E85.
Yes, it can cruise with the AC on to the track and drive home like stock.
-J

Jinkx

Established Member
I know right. I can remember back in the day if you had 500 hp u had a top car fir the street. That's stock now lol crazy. You are right with these cars handling 800 from the factory says something.
It's one of the reasons I went the Shelby. I wanted forged pistons. I know u don't nessecarily need them but for me it scares me not too.
I can't even imagine what the horsepower levels will be at 5 years from now.
Never thought I would see the day that a 1000 hp car is fully streetable lol.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
so on a stock motor it is ok to run a VMPr with 2.4 upper and a 10% lower? On 93? What injectors are you running from what I have read that is to much to run isn't it? I DD my car though

Jinkx

Established Member
If you use the VMP tune yes totally possible
There owner is running the 2.4 with a 15% lower
I'm on 93 fuel is all I use

Fastcobra2

Established Member
I probably wouldn’t run that much boost on pump gas. It can be done but I would look at datalogs and see what the knock sensors are doing. I do agree with him on VMP being a great blower.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Jinkx

Established Member
I know the 2.5 upper and 20% lower is pretty popular set up without issues

Jinkx

Established Member
I would tell you to call Justin at VMP
I know he could build u a tune on pump gas 93

Jinkx

Established Member
Remember I have the Dyno time and street driving to back up my advice. Be careful with the internet and truths as you we all know. Not saying anything wrong about anyone on here. More to the fact there is a bunch of misinformation out there. I'm giving real world results. These cars will not take detonation very long at all more like seconds before letting go. I can't see me making 777 hp if my timing was being retarded because of detonation. I'm no expert just my expierance with this car. There are guys here with more knowledge then me.
My tuner did data log my car I was just too stupid to know to ask for a copy of that. Live and learn. Good luck!

Jinkx

Established Member
I do also use VMPs triple bypass twin fan heat exchanger . That's a huge help.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure detonation is a real concern, and that's why I'd caution an upper/lower combo on pump.
If you have E85 around, never have to worry about detonating, and run max timing for killer torque.
-J

iflybyu

Established Member
What kind of dyno? Dyno jet or mustang dyno? I have a 2003 cobra with a gen 2 and it pulls like a mofo! I had it on a dyno jet for a tune in the middle of summer and with my air temp never getting below 150 (my supercharger pump went out) it put down 600. I got it tuned at a different shop this week cold as shit and the couple numbers i seen where in the mid 500s but it wasn't done yet so I'm not sure what exactly it put down but it feels way faster thought but it was on a mustang dyno and i heard they read a lot lower then dyno jets

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
What kind of dyno? Dyno jet or mustang dyno? I have a 2003 cobra with a gen 2 and it pulls like a mofo! I had it on a dyno jet for a tune in the middle of summer and with my air temp never getting below 150 (my supercharger pump went out) it put down 600. I got it tuned at a different shop this week cold as shit and the couple numbers i seen where in the mid 500s but it wasn't done yet so I'm not sure what exactly it put down but it feels way faster thought but it was on a mustang dyno and i heard they read a lot lower then dyno jets

I am thinking of blower upgrades as well and have similar set up and goal as OP. 600hp on 91 that can drive daily in the summer.

I think a 2.3l will be a good fit for me. How does Ford Performance 2.3 compare to the VMP gen II?

Thanks.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP cases flow more, so you'll see more power at the same blower speed/boost.
I'd personally go with VMP.
-J

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
VMP cases flow more, so you'll see more power at the same blower speed/boost.
I'd personally go with VMP.
-J

Thanks. My tuner is big on KB and thinks the 2.8 kit would be a better option. This is ~$1800 to $2000 more than 2.3 VMP but includes mega CAI, BAP, and TB so not entirely apples to apples. If I do ever want to go for bigger power this may be a better options. That said, while VMP will make less power, it is more consistent across the powerband.

Help me compare the two. Which would you pick and why?

Thanks in advance.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. My tuner is big on KB and thinks the 2.8 kit would be a better option. This is ~$1800 to $2000 more than 2.3 VMP but includes mega CAI, BAP, and TB so not entirely apples to apples. If I do ever want to go for bigger power this may be a better options. That said, while VMP will make less power, it is more consistent across the powerband.

Help me compare the two. Which would you pick and why?

Thanks in advance.

GOOGLE......."VMP or Kenne Bell" Plenty of stuff to read.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vmp.....69i57j0l2.6529j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Vmp for budget and power
KB if you want a more ascetically appealing blower at car shows and less money left in your wallet

good thread OP, thanks for posting

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

Users who are viewing this thread