Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

97snakebite

Established Member
I deploy quite often yes.. And yea hopefully around the 1st of October I'll be able to get some solid stuff going.. This build has now gone through 4yrs.. July of next year it'll be 5yrs lol!! It's funny to read people complain about OMG my car is gonna be down for 4months.. Eat a dick.. Try 4+yrs... It crosses my mind daily that I should have parted it out lol.

Im right there with you buddy...been 3.5 for me...Im shooting for October as well....hopefully. You are a lot closer though...your build has been a inspiration to us SN95 owners...all we can do is try you chase you down lol..like that will happen haha

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Im right there with you buddy...been 3.5 for me...Im shooting for October as well....hopefully. You are a lot closer though...your build has been a inspiration to us SN95 owners...all we can do is try you chase you down lol..like that will happen haha
Thanks for the words brotha. Ya'll don't need to chase me down. I'm hoping that the car stays still.. Both my wife and I are pretty over it though. I'm not making any decisions until it's done done and have a chance to see if it's everything that I want or if I over built it. It still needs more.. cage and paint at somepoint in life.. The thought of another $1 being spent on it makes my stomach turn though lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive been screwing around with my car on this ever escalating project since before I met my wife...We've been together almost 7 years. Just about every time its back up and running it comes back apart for something (again its been an ever evolving project from putting the P1 on about the time we met to fully built D1 car, I could turn it up more but Im gonna leave it be for a year or two and try to just drive it)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ that's the key an.. don't **** with it anymore.. Once it's good leave it.. Once you start getting into really high HP you should start looking into a different ECU.. That brings more things into the mix lol.

I will say the one time I drove it to get coffee in the morning it was pretty awesome.. Sounded like a damn jet coming down the street lol. Cars were pulling over because they didn't know what was going on ahahaha.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
^^ that's the key an.. don't **** with it anymore.. Once it's good leave it.. Once you start getting into really high HP you should start looking into a different ECU.. That brings more things into the mix lol.

I will say the one time I drove it to get coffee in the morning it was pretty awesome.. Sounded like a damn jet coming down the street lol. Cars were pulling over because they didn't know what was going on ahahaha.

lmao, mines not QUITE that loud but Im frequently told when I get to a meet or something they could hear the BRRV a couple lights away.

Im in the low 700s on E85, motor should be good to closer to 1k. I will not move to an F series blower, a D1X may be a possibility at some point. Id need pumps, injectors and a waste gate to keep it down on pump gas. Again though, I intend to leave it be for a while. Right now Im at the point that Im just fine tuning things to satisfy my OCD and making cosmetic changes.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea man I don't see myself upgrading to a YSI for a long while.. maybe a billet wheel JT-trim if I can find one for a good price but that's it.. The Tial blow off I have on mine is pretty stupid. The JT-trim makes a lot of noise too. I was thinking about a wastegate at somepoint but right now I need the car running lol

SVTPete83

Established Member
I have been running my 600whp car for three or four years untouched now. It's still a blast to drive around. Sometimes i do get the itch to throw more at it. But damn. For a street car it can get too crazy quickly on the quest for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^^ yep it's not easy with the 96-98 cars to get high HP.. Atleast not like a 03/04.. Slap a 2.9 with E85 and be at 800rwhp reliably..

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm considering a Hellion 67mm single turbo kit to hit my 500 rwhp goal, but I want it reliable. Hoping it's a solid plan.

97snakebite

Established Member
I'm considering a Hellion 67mm single turbo kit to hit my 500 rwhp goal, but I want it reliable. Hoping it's a solid plan.
What 98Saleen said.... 500rwhp is living on the edge with the 96-98.... I was at 470 and beat the piss out of my car regularly.. that lasted 3yrs until I took the motor apart to build

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What 98Saleen said.... 500rwhp is living on the edge with the 96-98.... I was at 470 and beat the piss out of my car regularly.. that lasted 3yrs until I took the motor apart to build

My short block is forged, and my heads have just been redone (10.1:1 compression) Shouldn't be too risky, right?
I'm thinking Hellion single turbo kit with the Precision turbo 67mm upgrade at 10#s should do it rather comfortably.

Last edited:

97snakebite

Established Member
My short block is forged, and my heads have just been redone (10.1:1 compression) Shouldn't be too risky, right?
I'm thinking Hellion single turbo kit with the Precision turbo 67mm upgrade at 10#s should do it rather comfortably.
That information would have been useful in your first post... no issues then

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh man, I should probably update this..

So I ran into some serious bad luck.. Car was tuned and ready to go, we were prepping for a private track rental and during the process of pulling plugs, shined a light down the the cylinders and noticed the pistons were all nicked..

Turned out intercooler fins broke off and entered the engine messing up 6 out of 8 pistons.. Totally devastated. Engine came out and dis-assembled.. Messed up my heads as well, but luckily didn't touch the valves.. The engine ate something 100% no doubt..

Heads and short-block went sent out for repairs.. Luckily the block bores were perfect still. Super light hone, new custom pistons, the heads fixed and decked and I'm back in business..

Short block is built right now, heads are repaired and ready to go, more money spent, lol. Assembly is going to begin in the next couple weeks and I'll update with new power etc..

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to those that are no longer following the worlds longest build thread I totally understand lol!

Users who are viewing this thread