Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

ZeroDCX

Established Member
That sucks man. Good thing you caught it before more damage occurred. Keep us posted!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea it's first on the list for the coming projects at AED.. So hopefully soon. There is no custom work or anything else that needs to happen.. It was done ready to race so just throw it all back together again lol. Check the tune and good to go.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well sadly no I couldn't. It is what it is. I have to accept it I guess. I hope that whatever needed to be shaken loose is gone and not a problem moving forward..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The updates were nothing good lol. But there is still light at the end of the tunnel and still trucking along.. I'm really looking forward to driving it (hopefully good weather this winter).. I have some more plans for it when I get it, selling my entire brake setup at some point etc.. Get the car within specs for racing it safely.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Details on the brake setup? I'm always looking for something better for my car. It's like the last thing I've really wanted to do.

It’s a old school Baer setup. Alcon 4 pistons up front like what came on the s-351 cars. 2piece 13.5” front rotors. 2 piece 13” rear rotors with a firebird/C5z rear caliper setup. They’re in great condition. :).
Details on the brake setup? I'm always looking for something better for my car. It's like the last thing I've really wanted to do.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It’s a old school Baer setup. Alcon 4 pistons up front like what came on the s-351 cars. 2piece 13.5” front rotors. 2 piece 13” rear rotors with a firebird/C5z rear caliper setup. They’re in great condition. :).

Let me know when you're actively looking to sell them. I'd be interested in the setup, price dependent. Had a baby recently and trying to get over the guilt of spending things on non-necessary stuff for myself.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I feel you bro, I've been building my car for 4.5yrs, and I my daughter is 1.5yrs old now and my son is 8! lol. It would be for a good price.. I would need to order my new setup still. But I'm hoping that I'll have a better idea come January. So I'll be sure to send you a PM.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Let me know when you're actively looking to sell them. I'd be interested in the setup, price dependent. Had a baby recently and trying to get over the guilt of spending things on non-necessary stuff for myself.
Here's a pic of the front and rear.. Nvm the surface rust on the rear, that's a old pic lol

Attachments

• IMG_5030.JPG
    IMG_5030.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 125
  • 20140505_180042_zpstclczoqh.JPG
    20140505_180042_zpstclczoqh.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
6GJo1.gif

Shitty luck but it sounds like it's getting lined out eventually. I can't imagine the sinking feeling I would have in my gut if i were in your shoes.

You really think an intercooler fin was the culprit for the piston and head damage? Assuming the pistons are 2618 material and the intercooler is 6061 the pistons should be quite a bit harder than the intercooler material.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have no clue. I can tell you that it does look like some sort of fin or something sharp and small. I have no clue what the pistons are made out of. They are a accufab piston and that is super secret blah blah. All I know is if it was much bigger it would have done a ton more damage.

I honestly have no clue what else it could be lol. And that fits the bill.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
What was the car making before? I am trying to sell my V1 Si and Treadstone 1235 in favor of a JT-B and the TRV25 for my 01 Cobra. I am going to go straight to flat top Racetechs, E85, and some ID1300s.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The car has made iirc 830rwhp and 670ftlbs on like 14.x psi.. I can't recall the RPM.. that was SAE with a 3.33" blower and 15% O/D crank

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
That's the shits man. Sometimes think you wouldn't have any luck with that car if it wasn't bad luck.

Your pistons look a lot like the one piston in the cylinder in my engine that I had a washer get into - Little marks all over, but I didn't have any of the deep gouges you did. Surprising to see marks that heavy.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That's the shits man. Sometimes think you wouldn't have any luck with that car if it wasn't bad luck.

Your pistons look a lot like the one piston in the cylinder in my engine that I had a washer get into - Little marks all over, but I didn't have any of the deep gouges you did. Surprising to see marks that heavy.

Yea man something def got into it.. We just don't know what honestly.

I talked to Jon at accufab a couple months ago. It's a JE piston modified to his specs. Bummer what happened to them.

Yea, the piston is ridiculously overkill. He had them on his shelf so I'm pretty sure they're ones for his 3khp race car, and doing the measurements it does support that thought lol

Users who are viewing this thread