ZL1 1LE Runs 7.16 @ Ring

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
CR has been at their new facility for some time now. Based on their own statements regarding capacity there should be zero issue regarding capacity with the R model wheels.

I believe it is Multimatic that is doing the CF wing. Never heard of a single issue with respect to them and this car.
The interview was from early 2016 so I am sure things have changed. It is indeed puzzling why Ford limits the number of Rs allocated to dealers.

Even more puzzling(to me) is why Ford never made a competition orange GT350R. I would have gladly paid an ADM for that lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The interview was from early 2016 so I am sure things have changed. It is indeed puzzling why Ford limits the number of Rs allocated to dealers.

Even more puzzling(to me) is why Ford never made a competition orange GT350R. I would have gladly paid an ADM for that lol

Ford has always done a really good job pushing exclusivity. They saw how well it worked with the Boss 302 LS...and kept tradition rolling.

6.0GTO

Established Member
I don't know what Randy's time was but the GM test driver was the fastest by quite a bit, faster than Randy and faster than my buddy by 5 seconds. Whoever that GM guy is, he's a god at driving

Are you sure? According to some Randy is like 137 time world champion. No one better. That is hilarious he is getting smoked by a test engineer. Guess he is not the man after all.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I guess a guy in a 2017 ACR-E ran a 7:01 a couple of weeks ago. Obviously it was just a private person so it's not a verified....but if a private person can run a 7:01, I imagine a pro will run sub 6:50's.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I guess a guy in a 2017 ACR-E ran a 7:01 a couple of weeks ago. Obviously it was just a private person so it's not a verified....but if a private person can run a 7:01, I imagine a pro will run sub 6:50's.

I saw mention of Dodge running a 2016 ACR during development unofficially and managed a 7.01 back in October 2015.

4th paragraph on this link. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.carscoops.com/2017/06/what-is-this-dodge-viper-acr-doing-at.html

If it is real, why they didn't come out and claim it is beyond me.

blk02edge

Established Member
Are you sure? According to some Randy is like 137 time world champion. No one better. That is hilarious he is getting smoked by a test engineer. Guess he is not the man after all.
Like I said, I wasn't there to personally verify the zl1 1le but my buddy who was there would NOT lie. I was there for the ACR laps and actually riding in that car with that driver during one of his best laps. That 1le lap time is 100% legit as well as the acr-e lap time

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^Where did you get this info? He had to have some laps on this course to get this time. Not just an average driver.

I'm predicting .53/.54 with the pro driver.
A guy in the Viper forums mentioned it. He's a huge Viper racing guy.

If I had rock solid proof, the 7:01 would be a published time I guess lol
I saw mention of Dodge running a 2016 ACR during development unofficially and managed a 7.01 back in October 2015.

4th paragraph on this link. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.carscoops.com/2017/06/what-is-this-dodge-viper-acr-doing-at.html

If it is real, why they didn't come out and claim it is beyond me.
I remember seeing that. This claim was to have happened this year though.

Who knows, I guess we'll see next month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Like I said, I wasn't there to personally verify the zl1 1le but my buddy who was there would NOT lie. I was there for the ACR laps and actually riding in that car with that driver during one of his best laps. That 1le lap time is 100% legit as well as the acr-e lap time
Randy is a pro driver, those GM engineers are really good drivers and can be considered semi pro too. If a pro driver is a few seconds off of the engineer, than the car driven by engineer with its very fast time is a shill.

I love watching the video of the z1le on the nurb, but I will wait for the laguna seca time instead. Another unbelieve time GM always pulls is the lightning lap @ VIR.

blk02edge

Established Member
Randy is a pro driver, those GM engineers are really good drivers and can be considered semi pro too. If a pro driver is a few seconds off of the engineer, than the car driven by engineer with its very fast time is a shill.

I love watching the video of the z1le on the nurb, but I will wait for the laguna seca time instead. Another unbelieve time GM always pulls is the lightning lap @ VIR.
The only difference between pro and amature is that the pro is paid to race, plus the GM driver has far more seat time in that car than randy does. Being pro does not necessarily mean you are guaranteed to be faster. Although I would not be surprised if the red car is altered somehow but still, the car was on factory tires so whatever they did to make it that much faster is still impressive.

All speculation but the truth will come out soon

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Suspension is completely adjustable. I know the front is ride height adjustable as well as caster geometry. Also the rear sway bar is 3 way adjustable to tailor the car to any track or driver.

It still comes with all the luxuries of the standard ZL1 too.

CO Mack

Established Member
The only difference between pro and amature is that the pro is paid to race, plus the GM driver has far more seat time in that car than randy does. Being pro does not necessarily mean you are guaranteed to be faster. Although I would not be surprised if the red car is altered somehow but still, the car was on factory tires so whatever they did to make it that much faster is still impressive.

LMMFAO- do ya'll even hear yourselves speak sometimes I wonder?

Lots of ways to cheat lap times. No question the ZL!LELEHGUAT or whatever is a fast car. "Better" is by no means a given.

blk02edge

Established Member
LMMFAO- do ya'll even hear yourselves speak sometimes I wonder?

Lots of ways to cheat lap times. No question the ZL!LELEHGUAT or whatever is a fast car. "Better" is by no means a given.
Well said....

Maybe you don't understand how ridiculous a 2'11.6 on area 27 is. Doesn't even matter if they cheated some stuff. For a stock body/interior and stock tired camaro to run that fast is unreal. GTR's, most McLarens, non acr vipers, c7z aero package vettes, hell even some gutted race cars on slicks do not run that fast lol. Insult to injuries pro racer Richard speynard ran a 2'16 in a Porsche 918.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Well said....

Maybe you don't understand how ridiculous a 2'11.6 on area 27 is. Doesn't even matter if they cheated some stuff. For a stock body/interior and stock tired camaro to run that fast is unreal. GTR's, most McLarens, non acr vipers, c7z aero package vettes, hell even some gutted race cars on slicks do not run that fast lol. Insult to injuries pro racer Richard speynard ran a 2'16 in a Porsche 918.

No doubt 2.11 is fast as hell on this track. But I have a feeling with time and comfort in a 918 it will do more than a 2.16. I think I saw the 919 lemans time in the 1.40's granted it has 1k lbs less weight on the tracks website.

The gm driver is a pro driver, most all these engineers are. Put that with his exact knowledge of how fast he can push the car and how much grip it does have in the corners. Another 1/2 mph in each corner adds up. The dodge engineer/driver ran the acr at a good 20mph faster on a corner trusting downforce/grip than the amateur magazine editor did on his fast lap.

I know this car is fast. And may even be faster than the z06. That being said GMs always pulls stunts it does not to make it look better.

Leonie

Established Member
Uh, no, the lap from Alex is not a full lap, as stated in the article, and in the video description.

Still, even a 7.25 BTG is freaking fast for a 20 year old car with a 3.2 Liter N/A engine!

There is a build thread of the car in the german M-Forum, but unfortunately you have to be registered to read there...

smitty2919

Established Member
Oooooo Ford boys gonna be maaaaad nowwww.

Anyone know who these drivers are? How many times you think they got a chance at the course before setting the posted times? The manual shifting mid turn and ripping 6th at the end was insane.

blk02edge

Established Member
The gm driver is a pro driver, most all these engineers are. Put that with his exact knowledge of how fast he can push the car and how much grip it does have in the corners. Another 1/2 mph in each corner adds up. The dodge engineer/driver ran the acr at a good 20mph faster on a corner trusting downforce/grip than the amateur magazine editor did on his fast lap.

I know this car is fast. And may even be faster than the z06. That being said GMs always pulls stunts it does not to make it look better.
That is what I was saying. The GM driver is at the same level or above any pro.

Users who are viewing this thread