01 cobra or 04 mach 1

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
BTW - I don't think the point of the mach being newer should be a major issue...for one main reason.....they both ahve the same mileage.

With the Mach you may still have the warranty. (unless its modded)

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Get a 03'Cobra both of the others are expensive to mod.
I wouldn't say that. It depends on what, and how you do it.
With the Mach you may still have the warranty. (unless its modded)
True..but I highly doubt it. It would have to be an extended warranty (factory is already expired) and he can get that from Ford ESP himself.

Whats the warranty on these cars?
36mo/36k miles. - Is the factory. It may ahve a transferable extended warranty though, unless it is at a dealership. Dealerships won't transfer extended warranties.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I'd go with the Mach. I've driven both and the Mach feels a lot "lighter". It's slightly faster, and it looks better.

JoePac

Established Member
Yeah but it's not cheaper on insurance!

Sorry, I forgot this was in the Mach-1 forrum, where the Mach's are God!!!:lol:Then, I went over to the new edge, and the high revs and 4.30's are GOD!!!:lol:But, basically, the Mach-1 is the 2002 Cobra, that they canceled to make the 03' Cobra.

Spartacus

Banned
Sorry, I forgot this was in the Mach-1 forrum, where the Mach's are God!!!:lol:Then, I went over to the new edge, and the high revs and 4.30's are GOD!!!:lol:But, basically, the Mach-1 is the 2002 Cobra, that they canceled to make the 03' Cobra.

Um negative! similar, but not the same at all!... Aluminum engine, higher compression ratio, solid rear axle. btw, it wasnt cancelled. It was set up as a two year limited production. :bored:

You bought a Saleen so no need to tell you, right? after all its just a GT, correct? :poke:

wallie40

Established Member
Hrrm interesting debate. I would go with the 01 cobra simply because it is a cobra. The only down fall is people ask you " Is it fast" or "is it supercharged". Most people will answer with no :: kicks a rock::.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Are you a buy it for the name kinda person?
There are only two valid excuses for buying a 99 or 01 cobra, either you bought it when it first came out or you wanted a convertible, otherwise you obviously didnt do your research when looking for a car. My mach would spank the shyite outta your Cobra motor for motor. "CR" does it for us.
I had a 99 Cobra, not a whole lot different than the 01's. I bought it in 02, but when the Mach's came out in 03 I drove one a kicked myself for not waiting. Hands down it was faster, felt it in the butt-o-meter. Now that I have two I definetely feel I made the right decision, especially since I spank my buddies that have 99's or 01's!

wallie40

Established Member
Another reason would be that the OP cannot afford an 03/4 so the idea of getting into a cobra period seems appealing.

I dunno i am partial to my cobra.

JoePac

Established Member
Um negative! similar, but not the same at all!... Aluminum engine, higher compression ratio, solid rear axle. btw, it wasnt cancelled. It was set up as a two year limited production. :bored:

You bought a Saleen so no need to tell you, right? after all its just a GT, correct? :poke:

HaHa, I knew it would work! They did cancel it, it was set up to be an n/a motor, but it did not meet their expectations...correct the mach is different, Mach-cobra, but the engine I meant. Yes it's a 06"Saleen Extreme BTW!!!

5_02ls1

Established Member
I bought the cobra just because I wanted a cobra and got a good deal....mine has 456 gears and exhaust...it would spank a stock mach 1...stock for stock the mach wouldve smoked it do to the crappy 327 gearing that comes in the cobra...
If I had the option you listed I would go with the mach if you are into drag racing....If you like handling go with the cobra the IRS is amazing on a curvy road....

Did the 01 cobras get the 3550??or are they still t45???
I know the machs have the 3550...

Clean93GT

Established Member
I bought the cobra just because I wanted a cobra and got a good deal....mine has 456 gears and exhaust...it would spank a stock mach 1...stock for stock the mach wouldve smoked it do to the crappy 327 gearing that comes in the cobra...
If I had the option you listed I would go with the mach if you are into drag racing....If you like handling go with the cobra the IRS is amazing on a curvy road....

Did the 01 cobras get the 3550??or are they still t45???
I know the machs have the 3550...

The 01 Cobra came with a T-45 and the Mach's came with the 3650.

This is so FREAKIN retarted!! Ford owners arguing amongst themselves. Both are great cars. Drive both and then decide. PERIOD.

Spartacus

Banned
^^^^^^^^^^^Hahahahahahaha, this is true! Ive had both though and I would buy a Mach 1. Unless youre a convertible guy, then you gotta get a cobra! :-D

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
The 01 Cobra came with a T-45 and the Mach's came with the 3650.

This is so FREAKIN retarted!! Ford owners arguing amongst themselves. Both are great cars. Drive both and then decide. PERIOD.

Sure about that?........last I knew Ford Completely went to the 3650 mid 01 production..........:shrug:

96 chris

Established Member
Get the cobra and never look back. Plus you'll have $5000 to play with. I love Mach 1's a lot but to me this is a no brainer.

wcjr

Established Member
mach 1 all the way! the solid axle hooks so much better than the crappy IRS.

Drive both is my suggestion, but you will want the mach in the end because of the pull (traction off the line)

i agree with nofire at the top the mach feels faster to me....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread