01 cobra vs 2000 camaro SS? who do you think would win

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ls6 blocks were in ws6's right? I know it's an "ls1" but the 345hp mill was practically a vette ls1 but the last produced ones used an ls6 block right? I am fuzzy on the late fbody's.

What's the fastest a 98-00 a4 and m6 have run?

What's the fastest a 01/2 a4 and m6 have run?

What's the fastest an 02 ws6 has gone?

Sorry to thread hijack, just wanna update my cranium a bit

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Finally dug up the runs with the Bullitt and the LS1 auto. My Mach walks on the Bullitt easy. I highly doubt the LS1 will come back if OP gets ahead.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-vs-stock-ls1-z28-automatic.html#post12662110

As a comparison, here is my Mach vs Bullitt

Mach 1 & Bullitt - YouTube

Great vids, man!!
The Bullitt surprised the hell out of me vs the LS1! I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Maybe if the LS1 was mated the the M6, it would have been closer.

BTW...your MACH run really strong..

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Great vids, man!!
The Bullitt surprised the hell out of me vs the LS1! I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Maybe if the LS1 was mated the the M6, it would have been close.

BTW...your MACH run really strong..

Thanks. The Bullitt owner also has a Mach 1. His Bullitt only ran 2 tenths slower at the track so I jumped to 4.10s :beer: :lol:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
No. Evan J ran 13.1 in a mach mid day some time in February or march for an April issue vs a gto if I remember right, it was either that issue or I know for a fact they ran 13.1 with a Mach when they tested a yellow cobra vert, 40th an auto gt and a 5spd mach1. It wasnt -9xx da though.

You wanna take the pink slip bet that 03's run 9's and 8's bone stock at 135-150~?
This one? Where they ran 13.4 to the ls1 GTos 13.5?
Mach 1 Mustang vs. Pontiac GTO- Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Here is one of the 13.1 articles.. The other is hard to find..

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0303mm_mustang_gt_vs_mach1/viewall.html

Pay attention to the months they publish these articles.... And where... Sea level track in the fall... I can guarantee they had near perfect DA that day.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Ya that's not the one then obviously. Many of us have seen the article here they got a 12.778 out of a yellow vert, 13.156? Out of a Mach and 14.1? Out of an auto gt.

This one here

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0404mm_mustang_test_drive/viewall.html

Your fanboy hate is funny, still not taking the pink slip bet?

Edit* 13.13 in that first test article you posted is epic, 305hp hanging with 325-345hp fbody's? Good stuff.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Your fanboy hate is funny, still not taking the pink slip bet?

Fanboy hate? You were trying to disprove that the Mach 1 ran in great weather... I'm posting facts which show the best ever passes for the Mach 1 as well as passes made in less than perfect conditions. I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Your bet is ridiculous... Tell me why I should humor you?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Fanboy hate? You were trying to disprove that the Mach 1 ran in great weather... I'm posting facts which show the best ever passes for the Mach 1 as well as passes made in less than perfect conditions. I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Your bet is ridiculous... Tell me why I should humor you?

I didn't try and disprove great weather, I said it wasn't as good as the -9xx da that the a4 ran 12's in. 2 different things. Obviously a 13.1 in a Mach is basically a hero run, but even hero runs can be improved on in a mineshaft.

I'm just saying pink slips on 03 cobras running 8-9's at 135-150, if you think it's ridiculousness, take the bet and have a chance at winning my car.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Bump, any info would be appreciated, thanks

Ls6 blocks were in ws6's right? I know it's an "ls1" but the 345hp mill was practically a vette ls1 but the last produced ones used an ls6 block right? I am fuzzy on the late fbody's.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I didn't try and disprove great weather, I said it wasn't as good as the -9xx da that the a4 ran 12's in. 2 different things. Obviously a 13.1 in a Mach is basically a hero run, but even hero runs can be improved on in a mineshaft.

I'm just saying pink slips on 03 cobras running 8-9's at 135-150, if you think it's ridiculousness, take the bet and have a chance at winning my car.

You're not going to find much improvement... MM&FF is well known for mineshaft air... Look what the Mach 1 ran against the GTO and you can tell they had less than perfect air. I'm really wondering why the focus on the Mach 1??? The Mach 1 has proven itself to run 13.1... The 01 Cobra has not.. since they are not identical cars its a stretch to try proving your point using the M1s results.

Your bet is rediculous because there is no context...you just busted out a random bet you obviously have results to back up and was never the point of any of our conversations. Quick bet me lt1 cars don't run 8s in the 1/4. (See what I mean?)

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
.. since they are not identical cars its a stretch to try proving your point using the M1s results.

The cobra and Mach dyno pretty close, and the 4Vs are similar. Of course there are differences (cams,IRS, etc), but they're close enough in power it's relevant. I posted the vid of the Bullitt, Z28, and Mach to show the Cobra should be in that range, which is faster than the Z from my experience.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Originally Posted by tt335ci03cobra

The LS6 block was randomly used is a small percentage of 01 and 02 cars. It's moot though because you gain nothing from it.

All ls1 cars are within a small percentage of each other in power... Several articles tested the c5 against the fbpdy and found the fbody produced slightly higher numbers (SRA vs IRS).

Fastest 98-00 car (with proof) is the 12.8 pass in a 99 Z28.
Fastest 01-02 car (with proof) is the 12.9 pass in a 01 SS
Many people have posted 12s on the forums but its impossible to prove IMHO.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
The cobra and Mach dyno pretty close, and the 4Vs are similar. Of course there are differences (cams,IRS, etc), but they're close enough in power it's relevant. I posted the vid of the Bullitt, Z28, and Mach to show the Cobra should be in that range, which is faster than the Z from my experience.

They are close but once again differences exist and one has done it with proof, the other hasn't. :)

procharged 99

Established Member
I have beaten a couple of different ls 1 cars back when I just had full exhaust 410s and a bama tune. One had full sLP exhaust air lid and 410s , it was drivers race. Whoever got out of the hole Better won. My brother had an 04 Mach and I got him plenty of times too.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
They are close but once again differences exist and one has done it with proof, the other hasn't. :)

My proof were the vids I posted, and my Mach had stock 3.55s in the vids. With 4.10s the cobra should still be right with it, if not faster. Other vids in this very thread have shown 01 cobras with the same mods as a Mach running door to door. If the OP can run well enough without spinning the tires off I think he'd have the win.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You're not going to find much improvement... MM&FF is well known for mineshaft air... Look what the Mach 1 ran against the GTO and you can tell they had less than perfect air. I'm really wondering why the focus on the Mach 1??? The Mach 1 has proven itself to run 13.1... The 01 Cobra has not.. since they are not identical cars its a stretch to try proving your point using the M1s results.

Your bet is rediculous because there is no context...you just busted out a random bet you obviously have results to back up and was never the point of any of our conversations. Quick bet me lt1 cars don't run 8s in the 1/4. (See what I mean?)

You are mostly right, and I'm running out of energy. I was hoping you'd take the bet because 03 cobras run 8-9 easy in the 1/8th at 135-150kmh which is 82-92mph.

You're smarter than you led on though, nice duck, dodge, wiggle and weave.

The focus on the mach1 was because you kept grilling me for saying 01's can run 13.1's, I already said if mixed em up with Mach's doing so and put up proof of a 13.28, etc. I was off a tenth, big woop.

Thanks for posting up fbody times, clears up a lot. So even with the 01/2's having an extra 7-12whp, the fastest times are pre 01's, cool to know.

Still though, I think -9xx da is about the best air you'll ever find, I know mm&ff have tested in some -200 to -400 da places but there's no arguing that going from -400 to -900 will make even those hero runs that much more impressive. Getting a Mach from 13.12 to 12.999 wouldn't be impossible with that much of a drop in da, that was my point in saying it should hit 12's over there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread