'01 F150 supercrew vs '07 lexus IS250

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
the curb weight you listed for my truck happens to be the curb weight of the 5.4 4x4 lariat my truck is the xlt 2wd 4.6 wich is 200lbs lighter

You are right...kinda. More like 100lbs. It's still a heavy ass truck with an underpowered engine.

Its apples to oranges. I am glad you finally learned how to do a search however.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
You are right...kinda. More like 100lbs. It's still a heavy ass truck with an underpowered engine.

Its apples to oranges. I am glad you finally learned how to do a search however.

thanks i guess, you are right about the underpowered engine, if i had the money i would throw in a DOHC 5.4 and add a whipple to spice things up but that will never happen. i'm better off saving up for a diesel truck and upgrading that

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
thanks i guess, you are right about the underpowered engine, if i had the money i would throw in a DOHC 5.4 and add a whipple to spice things up but that will never happen. i'm better off saving up for a diesel truck and upgrading that

Yep, I never thought I would say this but, you speak the truth.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
Can someone PLEASE get this kid a fast car so I can stop hearing stories about an auto 99 GT and a "bolt-on 15 sec" truck. Sheesh!

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
Well you can afford a 99 Mustang AND a 01 F150. Get rid of them both buy a fast car and a cheap beater. So yeah serioulsy.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Well you can afford a 99 Mustang AND a 01 F150. Get rid of them both buy a fast car and a cheap beater. So yeah serioulsy.

bought the truck for 4,700 bucks and dumped another 4 grand in it and i got the stang for 5,600. i'm flat out broke for the moment. first week i had the truck the trans went out on it (had 190,000 miles on it) that cost me 2,300 bucks then about a month later i had all the spark plugs and spark plug boots replaced and that cost me 750 bucks. then i had 4 new tires put on and that was a lil over 800 bucks. then i broke the motor mounts on it they were dry rotted and the shop had to lift the motor and that was a lil over 900. wiper motor went out on it and after install it was 314 bucks. then it needed a new fan clutch cuz they screwed up the previous one wich i paid 155 bucks for but they replaced it for free. i regret buying it now but since i have had all the work done it is like a brand new truck again :)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
You could have saved a penny or two doing the work yourself, a tranny rebuild and tires are one thing, but the rest is doable.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
You could have saved a penny or two doing the work yourself, a tranny rebuild and tires are one thing, but the rest is doable.

yeah i could've porbably pulled off doing the spark plugs and maybe the motor mounts and tranny mounts but the wiper motor? and fan clutch?

Users who are viewing this thread