'01 F150 supercrew vs '07 lexus IS250

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
alrighty folks i have 2 options i own a stock '99 35th anniversary mustang GT limited editon in performance red that is an auto or i can bring out my '01 F150 supercrew with bolt ons and a lot more torque. i know i'm gonna get killed by my friends lexus but i don't want to get beat in my weak lil 2 vlave GT so i think i'm bringing out my bad boy truck. my truck has iridium spark plugs, K&N ram air intake, stock manifolds with all 4 cats (cats are gutted tho :rockon:) and straight piped all the way back. i know he wil take me on a roll obviously but do you guys think i might have a slight advantage from a dig? oh i left out my truck has an SCT tune for a mustang GT and has a 4r100 trans outta a wrecked lightning. if i'm lucky i think its making atleast 200rwhp and about 300tq what are the stats on an '07 lexus is250? the race is gonna take place after our local highschool football game is done. anyone think i have a chance? and keep the beat downs on me to a minimum please lol

MrMason

Established Member
The 250's are slow. They weigh almost 3500lbs, is it AWD? They're rated at 204hp and 185tq. I would hope you can take it in either of your cars. They run mid-high 15's

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
The 250's are slow. They weigh almost 3500lbs, is it AWD? They're rated at 204hp and 185tq. I would hope you can take it in either of your cars. They run mid-high 15's

really? wow i did not know that man. he just got it a couple weeks ago and he told me it was pretty quick and being a newer lexus i figured it was pretty quick. bfore this he had a '03 is300 and that was pretty quick. so you guys think i will win then?

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
to: mrmason
he got the car about 2 weeks ago. leased it for 36 months its either on 07 or 08 idk i'll ask. i'm pretty sure it is rwd i didn't know they came in AWD or were you referring to my truck because my truck is just a bolt on 2wd 4.6 with gobs of torque

MrMason

Established Member
i know the newer is250's had an AWD option. Which will help his launch, but also weighs more. Either way you should have him.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i know the newer is250's had an AWD option. Which will help his launch, but also weighs more. Either way you should have him.

sweet! if he follows through his word, i'll tell him to bring a camera. i always love beat'n somethin in my truck:rockon:

imbuggin

Established Member
to: mrmason
he got the car about 2 weeks ago. leased it for 36 months its either on 07 or 08 idk i'll ask. i'm pretty sure it is rwd i didn't know they came in AWD or were you referring to my truck because my truck is just a bolt on 2wd 4.6 with gobs of torque

gobs of torque 300?? is this post a joke? Shit can I join the race with my expedition?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
haha plus one count me in with my 96 f150.. 300 inline 6 baby!! take the mustang and good luck

almostfinished

Established Member
Not poking fun here but the 4.6 is anemic at best. Never should have been in a truck. Best of luck with the race but I think you would have better luck with the mustang.

flarocket

Established Member
Dude your truck will get dusted either way.. 300 ft lbs tq is not enough to get that heavy ass truck out of the hole with any kind of advantage.. Take the GT- you will have a much better chance

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Dude your truck will get dusted either way.. 300 ft lbs tq is not enough to get that heavy ass truck out of the hole with any kind of advantage.. Take the GT- you will have a much better chance

so a tuned, intake and exhaust 4.6 F150 has no chance? my truck runs 15's and so does the lexus? still no chance?:shrug:

MrMason

Established Member

Truck runs low 15's, 250 runs mid-high 15's

StangJason

Established Member
Your weak little 2 valve GT should run high 13s or low 14s and your truck runs 15s and you think you should take the truck over it. Are you sure you have a 99 GT? Because you sure don't seem to have a clue how it runs in comparison to your 15 second truck.

Sny714

Established Member
Your weak little 2 valve GT should run high 13s or low 14s and your truck runs 15s and you think you should take the truck over it. Are you sure you have a 99 GT? Because you sure don't seem to have a clue how it runs in comparison to your 15 second truck.

The GT is auto. I doubt it runs high 13's.

You're better off with the GT than the F150. What about your sisters '96 taurus or your moms '90 Xj6?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread