'01 F150 supercrew vs '07 lexus IS250

02GTP

Banned
a 4.6 F150 with an intake and no cats is no where near a 15 sec truck. 17's at best. are u kidding me? even the 5.4 f150's cant outrun thier own shadow. all non lightning ford trucks are slow as piss. i work on them everyday. i guess they tow ok but they do not move in anyway.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My 02' Explorer Limited 4x4 with a 4.6 V8, SCT3, Efan and 70 series flowmaster(third cat removed and 2.5" exhaust) ran a best of 15.421 this spring. Day wasn't the greatest because there was a 15mph headwind and higher than normal DA. Hoping for a new best this fall with better weather. My point is that I bet I could beat you, so you will run slower than my time.

Anyway, your mustang should be in the mid-14's and therefore would have a better chance. The truck may feel faster off the line, but it shouldn't touch the stang once the speed picks up. So run the truck, if you get beat then go get the stang. If you lose in the stang, then you have some modding to do;)

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
a 4.6 F150 with an intake and no cats is no where near a 15 sec truck. 17's at best. are u kidding me? even the 5.4 f150's cant outrun thier own shadow. all non lightning ford trucks are slow as piss. i work on them everyday. i guess they tow ok but they do not move in anyway.

ok so tell me how the new '08 civic SI copue wich is a 15 sec car stock got beat by my truck then? it ran 16 somethin and i ran a lower 15 at 87mph. also honda driver sucked at shifting. stock these trucks are high 15's. i have seen a bunch run out at speed world. only 17 sec pass i have ever seen was a scooter out there LMFAO. i'm only like 300 something feet above seal level here in orlando and i made that pass back in late july at night was like 73 degrees if i remeber correctly from what my truck said. why is it not believable that i have a 15 sec truck? really not that hard. the truck weighs 4,600lbs stock and with me in it it weighs a lil over 4800......my mustang GT ran a high 14 when i had it i had it there in june only made 2 passes on it in 90 degree weather. it spun 1st off the line with some bald bf goodrich G-force T/A's in the back. track sucked that day. i have never ran it since mainly because i don't like bragging about owning a bone stock autmatic convertible '99 GT. dang thing weighs 3,552 stock and with me in it thats arounf 3,700lbs so i want to get rid of it but i like having the option that i can just get in and go :) believe me i would love to add a shift kit and maybe a stall, 4.10 gears. intake, exhaust, tune it at lammotta and then gradually go up from there but being 17 and not working. that is not gonna happen anytime soon.

also i wasn't trying to start or make a big deal outta this. i just wanted some of ya'lls opinions wether or not i could beat my friends lexus wich we did not race tonight after the game. we go to boone here in orlando and the game ended in triple overtime! won 35-28 and the it rained :( i don't have the opurtunity to own a fast car yet or race fast ones either. quickest thing i have ever ran at the track was a low 13 sec diesel and even worse it was a 7,000lb duramax!

Last edited:

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Ok man seriously, take the mustang. I thought you at least had a 5.4. You can barely beat a kid on a bicycle let alone a lexus with a 4.6. I had a 4.6 F150 and man that was a slow truck, I even went on to put a tune, from super chips with it, and it still was slow. So I thought my 5.4 in my 2002 F150 Crewcab was fast.... Nope still wrong. Take the mustang..

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Ok man seriously, take the mustang. I thought you at least had a 5.4. You can barely beat a kid on a bicycle let alone a lexus with a 4.6. I had a 4.6 F150 and man that was a slow truck, I even went on to put a tune, from super chips with it, and it still was slow. So I thought my 5.4 in my 2002 F150 Crewcab was fast.... Nope still wrong. Take the mustang..

a low to mid 15 sec bolt on pick up is slow?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Grant-Your truck is not in the low to mid 15's. I would say low to mid 16's at best. Prove us wrong and take it to the track. If you want to win for sure, race the stang, if you want to chance it and MAYBE win, then drive the truck.

My cousin had a 99 4x4 SB RC F150 and it was much slower than my explorer was when it was stock. I ran 15.9 stock with just the muffler 2.5" exhaust, put on an SCT3 tune and Efan and went 15.4 on 20's.

Edit- Below are some times I found of the Lexus and your truck.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Lexus--IS250-Drag-Racing.html

Your more than likely on page 2;)
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--F150-Drag-Racing.html

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Grant-Your truck is not in the low to mid 15's. I would say low to mid 16's at best. Prove us wrong and take it to the track. If you want to win for sure, race the stang, if you want to chance it and MAYBE win, then drive the truck.

My cousin had a 99 4x4 SB RC F150 and it was much slower than my explorer was when it was stock. I ran 15.9 stock with just the muffler 2.5" exhaust, put on an SCT3 tune and Efan and went 15.4 on 20's.

Edit- Below are some times I found of the Lexus and your truck.
Fast Lexus IS250s 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

Your more than likely on page 2;)
Fast Ford F150s 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

did you see that trap speed for the 2003 on there he ran a 14.9 @ 87mph and that is with a 5.4L V8 4x4 and that truck weighs over 5,000lbs i don't remeber what my 1/8 time is nor speed but i am almost postive it was either a 15.2 or 15.3 and i know for sure the trap speed was 87mph. next time i go to the track with it i will take pics and post the time slip on here. most people don't like bragging about something slower than a 13 ride so why is it not believable? my truck has to be at the highest a high 15 sec truck. there is no way it is slower than a high 15. i know it doesn't run 16's or 17's

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
did you see that trap speed for the 2003 on there he ran a 14.9 @ 87mph and that is with a 5.4L V8 4x4 and that truck weighs over 5,000lbs i don't remeber what my 1/8 time is nor speed but i am almost postive it was either a 15.2 or 15.3 for the 1/4 and i know for sure the trap speed was 87mph. next time i go to the track with it i will take pics and post the time slip on here. most people don't like bragging about something slower than a 13 ride so why is it not believable? my truck has to be at the highest a high 15 sec truck. there is no way it is slower than a high 15. i know it doesn't run 16's or 17's

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I own a 2007 IS250 AWD, and with the dinky 2.5, it isn't quick at all. It does however stop like an F1 supercar, and handle better than 95% of the cars I've driven/owned before.

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
:dw: no dip man, you have a cobra almost everything is slow to you that doesn't run a mid 12

:shrug: Dude chill, I am just saying that the truck, is probably not your best bet. Obviously you would know the truck better than we ever would, you wanted an opinion in the matter and I gave it. I still say go with the mustang, but again if you really think you have a chance in a truck, then do what you will. :thumbsup:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
:shrug: Dude chill, I am just saying that the truck, is probably not your best bet. Obviously you would know the truck better than we ever would, you wanted an opinion in the matter and I gave it. I still say go with the mustang, but again if you really think you have a chance in a truck, then do what you will. :thumbsup:

i wasn't tryin to be rude i'm just sayin from your view almost everything is slow compared to your car. but anyways i'm not all that confident about my GT its a '99 so no P.I heads and on top of that its automatic. only upgrade to the whole car is a K&N cone filter and the previous owner claimed that it was SCT tuned. it ran a mid 14 at the track when we first got it. i'll just end up racing my friend in the stang then. today was the central florida SVTP meet and i cruised down with a new friend with a cammed '96 cobra he didn't have an E-pass so he had to stop and pay for tolls. i slowed up a bit for him for the first toll and then i got on it a lil bit and he came flyin past me.......hurt me ego bad cuz my GF was in the car and she thinks its fast:( lesson learned for me

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
i wasn't tryin to be rude i'm just sayin from your view almost everything is slow compared to your car. but anyways i'm not all that confident about my GT its a '99 so no P.I heads and on top of that its automatic. only upgrade to the whole car is a K&N cone filter and the previous owner claimed that it was SCT tuned. it ran a mid 14 at the track when we first got it. i'll just end up racing my friend in the stang then. today was the central florida SVTP meet and i cruised down with a new friend with a cammed '96 cobra he didn't have an E-pass so he had to stop and pay for tolls. i slowed up a bit for him for the first toll and then i got on it a lil bit and he came flyin past me.......hurt me ego bad cuz my GF was in the car and she thinks its fast:( lesson learned for me

:lol: No man my car has nothing to do with it. I know you weren't trying to be rude, I was just saying. Anyway let us know the turnout. Hopefully it all works out with. :beer:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If you have a 99 mustang GT, then you have a PI headed 4.6 rated at 260HP.

I would say you are running NO faster than a high 15 at best. My reason is because your truck weights as much or more than my ex and we have similar mods, but I have a 5 speed auto as opposed to your 4 speed and I have 3.73's as well. Like I said, my cousin had a 4.6 F150 that was slower than dog piss and my ex would eat it alive. Take it to the track and let us know what it runs;) Also, have you raced the Lexus yet?

Edit: I looked at the 03' you mentioned- He had a 75 shot of nitrous, CAI, and catback exhaust. He said he's running 93 octane so I assume it's tuned for the nitrous.

Last edited:

Blone

Established Member
ok so tell me how the new '08 civic SI copue wich is a 15 sec car stock got beat by my truck then? it ran 16 somethin and i ran a lower 15 at 87mph. also honda driver sucked at shifting.

You just answered your own question. And 87mph trap would be closer to low 16's high 15's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread