'02 GT vs Nissan 350Z

JC300zx

Established Member
soarin00gt said:
cool... my mods are longtubes xpipe no cats flowmasters pullies 4:10's cai 70mm throttle body and a tune. i work downtown just let me know where we can meet up.

Man..you definately have all the bolt'ons. Most likely going to kick my a$$ cause im almost stock. 4:10's from a dig is going to be a slaughter. Yeah definately have to meet up since were only a few miles apart. My girlfriend did here internship at Northwestern..pediatrics I believe.

soarin00gt

Established Member
JC300zx said:
Man..you definately have all the bolt'ons. Most likely going to kick my a$$ cause im almost stock. 4:10's from a dig is going to be a slaughter. Yeah definately have to meet up since were only a few miles apart. My girlfriend did here internship at Northwestern..pediatrics I believe.

Thanks... let me know when can meet up i will bring my cousin that has and 04 stock gt and you two can run also.

soarin00gt

Established Member
joegt38 said:
What kinda tire are you on?

315/30 sumitomos and 265/40 up front. i ordered 315/30 nittos so i am waiting for those to come in. a lot of people say the sumitomos suck but they have been pretty good for me.

joegt38

Established Member
soarin00gt said:
315/30 sumitomos and 265/40 up front. i ordered 315/30 nittos so i am waiting for those to come in. a lot of people say the sumitomos suck but they have been pretty good for me.
Street tires... Thats cool!

I had 18" wheels with nitto drags and still couldn't hook even at 60 :burnout:

DVan8504

Established Member
wow deja vu. this exact thread was closed on ls1tech cuz of this ignorant and disrespectful camaro driver :) i see there are actually a couple just like him in this thread. i believein respecting all things fast regardless of who makes them. also, just because some drivers of a car are a certain way doesn't mean they all are. muscle car drivers are billed as rednecks, but i don't believe they all are because that's ridiculous.

now as far as the kill, a 350z is a good run for both the 99-04 gt and 05+ gt with the slight edge going to the 350z for the pre 05, and the edge going to the gt for the 05+. i'm not surprised at all you beat him with your mods. nicely done.

rocket5979

Established Member
I am just north of chicago in Lake Villa. I would like to race either a stock 99-04 GT or a stock 350Z in my 05 Lincoln LS. I will keep it N/A of course. On the spray would be unfair.

rocket5979

Established Member
DVan8504 said:
so all you have is a tune and a CAI, and you think you can take a gt or 350z? just making sure i understand.

You might want to do a little of your homework before you stick your foot in your mouth. N/A I have put down really low 14's about 3 months ago. On the juice it has gone a "little" faster. I am up for having a little fun with my fellow Mustanger's or even an import.

Stock 350 or GT is easily close enough to my car (in N/A form) to be a drivers race. Hell, I have seen many other cars much more powerful run at the track with some straight crap times. Drivers do count also, magazine racing does not apply. :burnout: You own a Honda so I don't hold you to any standard of actually doing any "real" racing. :lol:

Last edited:

joegt38

Established Member
A tune is going to make a nice difference with the Lincolns, they are so detuned from the factory to be smooth and comfy....

I had a 98 Mark VIII LSC down into the very low 14s trapping 102-103 with few bolt ons and a tune.
Ive been looking for an LS V8, there pretty sharp cars and I miss my Mark....

DVan8504

Established Member
rocket5979 said:
You might want to do a little of your homework before you stick your foot in your mouth. N/A I have put down really low 14's about 3 months ago. On the juice it has gone a "little" faster. I am up for having a little fun with my fellow Mustanger's or even an import.

Stock 350 or GT is easily close enough to my car (in N/A form) to be a drivers race. Hell, I have seen many other cars much more powerful run at the track with some straight crap times. Drivers do count also, magazine racing does not apply. :burnout: You own a Honda so I don't hold you to any standard of actually doing any "real" racing. :lol:

I couldn't have been much more respectful with my questioning, but you obviously took some offense to it. That's your call. I'm sleeping well at night knowing I drive a honda which I don't race. Just another car guy who was trying to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread