03 cobra has R title

Dlic

Established Member
What is the car worth ? 2003 cobra with 80,000 miles Trans was rebilt with upgraded input has about 2,000 miles since rebilt. Rear is a solid axle 8.8 31 spline with eaton posi. 3.73 ford racing gears. Setup by Swarr. Trans and rear. Car is in great shape. Nothing is hacked up. With being a r title body is perfect I still can't figure out how it has a r title. Have 3 friends 1 owns a shop and every measurement is within speck. The car is zink yellow and currently is getting re painted. But blocked and blocked then paint so it will be 110 times better than factory show quality. Also has black annaversery 17x10 rear 315/35/17 17x9 front 275/40/17 rear tires have 0 miles the car has pully , long tube headers ,cai. And exhaust. I do have the irs that it came with but it will need to be rebuilt. Also the blower is ported and comes with a sct tuner.

Dlic

Established Member
No of fence taken. Just looking for reality of the matter. Thanks. Can anyone tell me how to post a picture or post it for me?

brady_f

Established Member
No of fence taken. Just looking for reality of the matter. Thanks. Can anyone tell me how to post a picture or post it for me?

Photobucket....upload and copy/paste the

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Assuming the new paint is really well done and you really can't find the evidence of past body damage, and no other known issues - I would ask 17k, hope for 15k and not take less than 14k. The title is just going to be a killer, but having the IRS to go with the car is a bonus. If you don't have a dyno sheet to go with the car, spend the money to put it on a dyno and see where the car is as far as power and possibly have the tune tweaked if needed. You'll spend probably $200-$500, but it will make the car much more appealing.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
in all honesty i bought one same color with 57k miles rebuilt title with irs and a hand full of mods for 11k because he couldnt get rid of it.

Woody6799

Established Member
I just paid 14.5 for mine with 93k on it, some mods, and a clean title. I would think you're in the 10-12 range honestly. All depends on what someone wants to pay. When I was shopping I would not touch an R or solid axle car... that's just me though

Dlic

Established Member
Assuming the new paint is really well done and you really can't find the evidence of past body damage, and no other known issues - I would ask 17k, hope for 15k and not take less than 14k. The title is just going to be a killer, but having the IRS to go with the car is a bonus. If you don't have a dyno sheet to go with the car, spend the money to put it on a dyno and see where the car is as far as power and possibly have the tune tweaked if needed. You'll spend probably $200-$500, but it will make the car much more appealing.

I had it on the dyno. So I can get a print out of it. Paint is above average and I don't care who the body guy is they won't find anything. The car should never ever been R TITLE. the guy I got it from replaced the hood and front bumper and passenger fender that was it. I had before and after pictures. But lost them I've owned the car for atleast 6 years. I was thinking of 14 but I'm not desperate to sell it. So anything less I'll give the car to my daughter. Thanks for the info :)

Dlic

Established Member
Yes Interested in selling for the right price. Message me your email I'll send pics.

Dlic

Established Member
I know the R title sucks but it's not a dodge neon. It's still a 03 cobra no matter how you look at it. I personally don't care about what the title says. When I hit the throttle it doesn't run any different than the ones that are clear titles. Just my thoughts on that.

bossman302

Banned
in all honesty i bought one same color with 57k miles rebuilt title with irs and a hand full of mods for 11k because he couldnt get rid of it.

Thats a steal considering they are still bringing 9K plus at Copart and IAAI, for cars under 60K miles, most are hit pretty hard.

bossman302

Banned
80K is a little high on miles for an R-title, Id say 12K would be tops on this one, depending on how clean it is. We have a Clean Local car with 68K miles, it is a Vert, they are asking 14K for it. But the car needs some work. Paint is weak, has lots of chips, and dent in a quarter panel, and the front cover has also been spotted in, Condition is the big thing with these cars, not so much title or miles.

Users who are viewing this thread