03 Cobra replaced with 08 C6 Z06

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
I would do it and not look back... Completely better car in every way, makes the cobra feel like a second rate car, but considering they are more than twice the price new that's to be expected I guess. Not as violent up to about 100 miles an hour, (but still much faster) because the power band is so much smoother. It just gets faster and faster all the way up to 7000 rpm and feels like it could go forever. It's sneaky fast, one of those cars that when you check you speed thinking you may be at 80 and you're already at 120 its a surprise.

Nice pickup man. I sold my Procharged 10 sec. Mach 1 to get an 08 Z. I agree with you on everything. I still love mustangs and will own a Terminator one day, but the Z is in a different class.

Damn yours is low. Aftermarket lowering bolts??

TClark22

Established Member
slammed.

looks cool. but i also was a fan of your 03 cobra.

hey i have the same license plate frame :)

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
looks great with the carbon fiber accent.
but i have to ask,have you been washing the car with a BROOM?? the paint looks terrible...

I guess that's what a high dollar DSLR and lens will do as the only scuff visible in person is right below the hood line on the top of the bumper from when I took it off to take a headlight out. Anyone will say it looks perfect in person... It is due for a buff, but there really are no visible swirls or defects. No broom here

Congrats on the car Looks great... but is that at your house?! Beautiful area man.

Thanks, its the back yard...

I so want a Z06 but ive been reading about quite a few motor issues

You hear about motor issues as the only people that post about them are the few that have had issues. One of them was only on 06 and early 07's, and overall its probably .02% that have had problems...

Sorry to hear about the downgrade.

LOL, I'm pretty sure you're in the minority there... Drive one for a few weeks and get back to me.

Z O SICK

Established Member
Congrats! Good looking car and I love the stance! As far as the head issues go, I think there is a problem with the valve guides. I didn't want to in the 2% who had to replace a motor so I had my valves and guides replaced. Better safe that sorry.

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
What did you do to get those darkened tail lights and side markers? Are they inserts or did ou get them tinted?

VegasMichael

Established Member
Congrats! Looks fantastic! Nice pics, too. Must admit, I used to live up that way(Bremerton) and miss the scenery. A black Z06 is on my future car list for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread