03 Cobra vs M6

Beetle6986

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
No, add aftermarket intercooler, injectors and a pump which is a big deal with the STis fuel system. It should have been a much larger percentage.

The injectors and pump aren't going to help you without making some other kind of change like and upgraded turbo or more boost. If your injectors were running at 90% duty cycle and you upgrade to twice the size, you're still getting the same fuel, but your injectors duty cycle would only be around 45%. That doesn't equal more horsepower.

Wild Bill

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
:bs: :bs: If that M6 was really an M6 and in the 507bhp mode.

No way in hell did your car pull 4+ cars (enough to pull infront of him) from 70-100mph run. Even the frigging Starship Enterprise couldn't do that in that time scale.

An M6 is capable of trapping over 115mph in the 1/4 mile and from a roll is probably even more deadly due to the sequential 7 speed gearbox.

To pull that kind of distance in what 3 seconds or so you'd need to be trapping 125mph+.

Again Nice kill, but its not that your car did so well against the M6 but some other reason.
I have to agree with you because I raced one on the freeway in a setup race.We went from 50-160mph and it was not far back at all.My car was running a little slow as I had a grip of torco in it and was probably running 106 octane with a 91 tune,so I was way rich.Still that car can hang with a pullied cobra.It would eat a cobra with cai and exhaust.

olscool

Established Member
Funny how this posting turned out. Believe me, there is no way the Cobra will edge out the M6 at that kind of speed. I own a Cobra and an M3 and can tell you the Mustang can barely handle the M3 period. They RUN Hard in the triple digits no question.

Last edited:

JWC

Established Member
The guy said he pulled a couple of cars on the M6. It's possible. He nor anyone other than the BMW driver knows what gear or performance mode he was in. I test drove an M6 three times about 200 miles total and if you are on the highway in 7 th gear in the 400 mode the cars DO NOT take off for a while. So It's possible. However, in the "M" mode and in 3rd gear that M6 if the driver was trying I think would have walked him. When I left the dealersip after the last test drive and got into my KB Cobra It made the M6 feel slow not that it is by and standards. I decided to keep my 565 hp Cobra and pick up a used 996 TT. olscool either you have one fast M3 or one slow Cobra.

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
My Cobra had @65 more hp, (assuming he was not in M mode) more torque and "up to" 300lbs less weight than the M6.

I beat him by "at least" two car lengths.

When we started, I glanced down at my speedo and it was "around 70mph".

When I hit the brakes hard, and he coasted by me (he let out, but didn't hit his brakes) my speedo was "around 100hp". I don't recall if it said that as I started to brake, or well after I started to brake.

I don't know exactly how long we went at it. Didn't time it. It was "at least" six seconds and "up to" ten seconds. I'm just guessing.

I DO know he instigated a race, I DO know it was a near even fire-off, and I DO know he lost by "at least" two cars.

You nay-sayers can debate everything else until you find some other way to amuse yourselves.

9746C

Last edited:

Beetle6986

Established Member
olscool said:
Funny how this posting turned out. Believe me, there is no way the Cobra will edge out the M6 at that kind of speed. I own a Cobra and an M3 and can tell you the Mustang can barely handle the M3 period. They RUN Hard in the triple digits no question.

My Cobra runs away from my friends M3 without hardly breaking a sweat. I only have CAI and catback.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
9746Cobra said:
I don't know exactly how long we went at it. Didn't time it. It was "at least" six seconds and "up to" ten seconds.
If your Cobra is taking 6-10 SECONDS to go from 70-100mph there is something really wrong with it. And with that level of performance you'd be lucky to keep up with a 2.0 litre Focus.

Bimmerbum46

Established Member
there is no way you could have beat an M6 in p500 wiht the mods that you listed....a KB 2.8 Cobra would be a different story tho

mustangbee

Established Member
theirs a guy at our local "cobra club" that put down 443whp in his 04, he raced an M6 and put 2-3 cars on him to about 130mph...i THINK it was from a 65mph roll, maybe 75mph...freeway tho...

Last edited:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
DisposableHero said:
what do the m6's dyno at?
Doesn't really matter because it won't be comparable. They have a sequential 7 speed gearbox, so drivetrain loss will show up differently, however such a transmission shifts faster than an auto (much much quicker than any human) and due to having 7 gears is also geared better.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
Doesn't really matter because it won't be comparable. They have a sequential 7 speed gearbox, so drivetrain loss will show up differently, however such a transmission shifts faster than an auto (much much quicker than any human) and due to having 7 gears is also geared better.

Agreed, and another thing is drag coefficient. People seem to totally forget about it. An M6 is built for higher speeds and as fast as a Cobra may be, they weren't designed to cruise at 120+ (especially with the piston issue at high speeds). I agree a modded Cobra can potentially rape an M6 but not one with just mild bolt ons.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Remember drag Co simply states how slippery the shape is, but with frontal area it's totally meaning less.

I mean a nice sleek Ferrari F430 will have a better drag CO than a brick. Yet because the brick has a much smaller frontal area it will actually generate less drag.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
Remember drag Co simply states how slippery the shape is, but with frontal area it's totally meaning less.

I mean a nice sleek Ferrari F430 will have a better drag CO than a brick. Yet because the brick has a much smaller frontal area it will actually generate less drag.

Less drag per square area, yes. That would be a valid point had he been racing an RC car. They are generally the same size though therefore the brick arguement although true, is irrelevant. Drag C/E definetly plays a role otherwise F1 teams wouldn't spend millions on spoiler research. You are right about your comparison though. Drag C/E isn't measured by the gross amount of drag it makes, it's takes the surface area into account as well.

Cd=D/p A Vsquared/2

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Nice kill, I love it how everyone tries to downplay your win like saying "well, if the driver had shifted faster or if you started at a lower speed roll or if the moon lined up with each star in the galaxy he would have smoked you".........
It is what it is, you won, he lost, doesn't matter the freakin reason, all the BMW guys here rush to critsize....bunch of pansies. If the M6 would have won, then congrats to him, but this wasn't the case. Move on people.....

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
dtheo said:
Nice kill, I love it how everyone tries to downplay your win like saying "well, if the driver had shifted faster or if you started at a lower speed roll or if the moon lined up with each star in the galaxy he would have smoked you".........
It is what it is, you won, he lost, doesn't matter the freakin reason, all the BMW guys here rush to critsize....bunch of pansies. If the M6 would have won, then congrats to him, but this wasn't the case. Move on people.....

Yea, it's nice to know I have my own pitifull little thread that will go on and on, long after I'm gone. It's a weak legacy I know;

But some people don't even have that, and I feel for them.

:D 9746C

(sarcasm off)

Users who are viewing this thread