03 KB w/Cams Analysis

akaeric

Established Member
I might of missed something there were so many post thats not with a stocked bottom end is it?

akaeric

Established Member
Thats cool I just read a thread above yours talking about how weak the risk pins are and someone else saying the cylinder walls would hold up and seeing this and how much it will hold. Congrats your a lucky man I'm jealous. Have fun!

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
our bottom end is tough as nails. with a good tune it will hold all you can throw at it. franco has helped me set my goals:beer:. before i saw his dyno numbers, i only wanted 600hp at the rear wheels:rolling: now 750 is the magic number :burnout:

meat eater

Established Member
xplicit if you come down to houston and give me a ride i'll give you
one of my superbowl tickets. i have kept up with your progress
ever since your post back on 10-29-03. your car is truly amazing.
i made a hard copy of your post and reread all the time. i'll be
contacting you when my mods start to bolt on. so get in your
point it towards the s.w. and with all that h.p. i'll see you in about
an hour.

p.s. the coffee is brewing

Wild Bill

Established Member
Those are awesome numbers! I know my next mod now.I would love to hit 550rwhp on the Eaton.Can you tell me about how much for the cams and labor if you dont mind?I just want to get an figure in my head so I can plan.Thanks.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Wild Bill
Those are awesome numbers! I know my next mod now.I would love to hit 550rwhp on the Eaton.Can you tell me about how much for the cams and labor if you dont mind?I just want to get an figure in my head so I can plan.Thanks.
JDM is at 590rwhp with the Eaton the last time I heard. Going for 600:rockon:

3.10upper
6lb lower
Apten
Crower Cams
Injectors
Long Tubes
Mid Pipe
Cat Back
Plugs
HE
TB
CAI and a killer tune

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by 03InThe11s
our bottom end is tough as nails. with a good tune it will hold all you can throw at it. franco has helped me set my goals:beer:. before i saw his dyno numbers, i only wanted 600hp at the rear wheels:rolling: now 750 is the magic number :burnout:
:thumbsup: I hope your wife is understanding..i'm trying to do all this before i get married ;-) Here's something more for u to think tho..the car is capable of more than 750 but i refuse to swap out the stock lower pulley. I want to see what the limit is with an upper only pullied 03.

Originally posted by meat eater
xplicit if you come down to houston and give me a ride i'll give you one of my superbowl tickets. i have kept up with your progress ever since your post back on 10-29-03. your car is truly amazing. i made a hard copy of your post and reread all the time. i'll be contacting you when my mods start to bolt on. so get in your point it towards the s.w. and with all that h.p. i'll see you in about an hour.
Thanks for the gracious words, i get alot of enjoyment and pride doing this but even more when ppl enjoy it just as much as me. Hmm, Superbowl..never heard of the Panther's QB, and their RB is from the defunct XFL ;-) ..do i smell upset? :beer: I'm looking forward to your progress! Keep in touch :beer:

Originally posted by Wild Bill
Thanks Bill :) Cams, springs and retainers r about $1850+, i got mine when JDM had them on sale tho. Labor is dependant on how much a shop charges u per hour. Figure around $1900+. It's not a cheap mod, but my favorite aspect is the immense wheel speed my car picked up.

Originally posted by 03DOHC
Here's the vid.
Thanks Dan :beer:

Last edited:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
I have 2 more vids..i currently sent them to Robertson Racing to host.

My friend's WOT pull (Ray, with a KB and cams) - 2.58MB.
My startup and a little roll on the dyno - 5.29MB

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
what did the silver car put down? It pulled just as hard down low as it did up top, thats amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread