03 mach vs 2010 challenger SRT8

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Wow 12.8. WOW just wow please direct me to that link because I heard so many LS1 guys just rant and rave about the 12.9xx run and the mach doing a best of 13.0xx but I have NEVER and I mean NEVER heard of a "SHOWROOM" stock 98-02 LS1 z28/ss hitting a 12.8

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

The 12.8 is mentioned in that picture I posted. Evan Smith of MM&FF/GMHTP pulled it off. That's why I say 'proof' if you will, it carries more weight than random Internet postings, especially back then. Many may not remember but in 1998 not many people were posting time slips or videos online.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
so basically your calling all of us liars and the only witness who counts is you? :lol1:

I know a girl who had a Bone stock A4 Z28 who would run between 12.90-13.0 constantly during bracket racing. Car had 8K original miles on it :rockon:

Stock lid stock everything its very easy to look under the hood of an LS1 and see if its been violated lol.

I'm not sure I can dumb this down enough for you to grasp.

I don't care if you can find 100 people who ran 12s bone stock... It doesn't make it an average time when thousands upon thousands of people can't do better than a 13.5.

Fwiw if I put my stock air box in place you wouldn't have a clue I have any mods done to it and you would be wrong.

Last edited:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
How do you know what my Mach 1 ran stock? :??: Hell I don't even know what it ran stock, I never owned it when it was stock. :lol: More bullshit from you.

ok so on tech when your sig said a 13 second pass what were your mods? :??:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
The thing I dont like is when people downplay the performance of another car just because their brand loyal. Just like when the 5.0 first came out novice LS1 owners thought it would still be an easy win just because its a "Mustang" and its "Ford"

2K1 SVT

Established Member
The thing I dont like is when people downplay the performance of another car just because their brand loyal. Just like when the 5.0 first came out novice LS1 owners thought it would still be an easy win just because its a "Mustang" and its "Ford"

I vote for a name change, onebadlandyacht........

But seriously the fact that the srt models (with the exception of the viper) don't get any respect is due to their weight. Dodge is not on the same level as ford and Chevy at this point and it's all due to weight, not lack of good engines. Until they lighten them up you just won't get as much respect. It's not brand loyalty it's facts....

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I actually feel bad for starting this thread because I thought I was sure on the info of the chally but since I was not it started (once again) an E-penor measuring contest lol. Some of this stuff im reading is worth it though:beer:

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

Don't be, I needed entertainment while I work on my iOS project for work. It's been a great time killer and a ton of laughs on my end.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
I vote for a name change, onebadlandyacht........

But seriously the fact that the srt models (with the exception of the viper) don't get any respect is due to their weight. Dodge is not on the same level as ford and Chevy at this point and it's all due to weight, not lack of good engines. Until they lighten them up you just won't get as much respect. It's not brand loyalty it's facts....

Actually they are which makes them more respectable. The 10"ss and the 6.1 SRT8 was a drivers race if driven properly. Of course the 5.0 out ran both. Dodge answered with the 392 which is faster then both the 5.0 and SS. There are plenty of fast modded SRT8s they just aren't running around in every state like Mustangs and Camaros. Most people dont buy SRT8's with the intentions of modding them past light mods like myself.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Guessing this isnt his name on ls1tech (posting doesn't match up) but that guy has his times posted in sig. If that helps any....

I just want to know what onebadws6 runs he keeps talking it up. well best way to prove it is results at the track. I know he goes to the track so lets see those slips :shrug:

holzmach

Established Member
Actually they are which makes them more respectable. The 10"ss and the 6.1 SRT8 was a drivers race if driven properly. Of course the 5.0 out ran both. Dodge answered with the 392 which is faster then both the 5.0 and SS. There are plenty of fast modded SRT8s they just aren't running around in every state like Mustangs and Camaros. Most people dont buy SRT8's with the intentions of modding them past light mods like myself.

they are not in every state because the bang for the buck is a joke.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Can you even do more than light mods at the moment wit the encrypted PCM? Last I knew they were still working on being able to tune them.

willys srt8

Established Member
Pull out the slips that have visible track name, date, and time. List the mods used for the times. Some ppl have been talkin' alot of trash w/o any sort of proof. Of course we can't calculate for track prep. The DA for most tracks can be found to even the playing field. Without some sort of proof to guage with it's all just :bs:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Pull out the slips that have visible track name, date, and time. List the mods used for the times. Some ppl have been talkin' alot of trash w/o any sort of proof. Of course we can't calculate for track prep. The DA for most tracks can be found to even the playing field. Without some sort of proof to guage with it's all just :bs:

Who exactly is this call out for?

Users who are viewing this thread