03 Sonic Blue Cobra Show Car FOR SALE!

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
You're in a unique situation.

1. He sought you out to trade.

2. He offered a trade on a car with a known open title. (You could turn him in.)

3. You came here after a brief bit a of research noting the car.
I say turn him in.... Has any of these potential buyers/barters seen the car's title with their own eyes? Is it a MA title or ??? It may have been mentioned in an earlier post, just curious.

I almost bought a MG vert terminator from TX a few years back. It wasn't until I was ready to send money that the title situation came to light plus some parts that came with the car (per his ad) he sold. Then he told me the ad he posted was a copy and paste from the guy he bought it from. I was like uh, FU keep the deposit and the car. I believe the guy that owned it had driven it for well over a year without titling the vehicle in his name. I need to look back on those old messages. I know it has since sold. It may be legal in TX too.....I dunno. I wonder how often this happens lol.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It’s a 94 hardtop LHD, na-T (originally NA with a turbo kit)
I’d value it around mid $50k
It’s nowhere near as pristine as this cobra we are talking about, it’s a drivers car that needs few TLC.

I asked what was the value he put on his car, he said $60k

What sparked my interest is that he did a WTB post on a local Supra FB group,
I’m local to Massachusetts and always wanted a SB cobra and saw he had one for sale.
Where are you local to MA? My wife’s cousin has a rare Supra that he doesn’t even drive anymore really. I swear he knows all the locals with them haha

Marines691

Established Member
Lawyer I spoke with said title jumping is highly illegal. If he sells it like that would be an easy case. As he's done it prior to this, so the excuse of being an accident and falling under open title rules goes out the window. At that point he would lose that defense and be considered committing a felony by jumping it. I pray her does this lol, equally great is him realizing this and having to pay the registration taxes and losing even more money. Win win both ways for everyone but him.

Edit: it's a felony and illegal in ALL 50 states once you lose the open title designation. Again him doing it multiple times would be considered jumping titles. Open shut case. He would also lose his firearm rights lol. No more glock conceal carry. Makes for a unfortunate situation should anyone he scammed come for revenge. God forbid.

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
I say turn him in.... Has any of these potential buyers/barters seen the car's title with their own eyes? Is it a MA title or ??? It may have been mentioned in an earlier post, just curious.

I almost bought a MG vert terminator from TX a few years back. It wasn't until I was ready to send money that the title situation came to light plus some parts that came with the car (per his ad) he sold. Then he told me the ad he posted was a copy and paste from the guy he bought it from. I was like uh, FU keep the deposit and the car. I believe the guy that owned it had driven it for well over a year without titling the vehicle in his name. I need to look back on those old messages. I know it has since sold. It may be legal in TX too.....I dunno. I wonder how often this happens lol.

Okay, after doing a little research the guy was from Denton, TX and of all states he was holding a MA title lol. Anyway, he admitted in his messages he never titled the car. Was not clear how long he had it, but I remember him saying he had it for well over a year. I wonder if anyone on here bought this car? It was a MG droptop with a polished ported eaton, polished anniversary wheels, and the seller's name was Ray. I never did catch his last name, however.

StangMan5.0

Roll slow in the 5oh
Established Member
I’m skeptical he’ll actually get busted for any of this. Title jumping seems to be fairly common practice with these cars for whatever reason. I bought back an old car of mine after 10 years of not owning it. The title was still in the name of someone who owned the car a few years before I bought it back. So it went thru 1 or 2 owners with no title update. I think I paid around $300 in DMV back fees (only because it hadn’t been registered in a couple years) when I titled it in my name. Seemed like no one cared lol. This is in California. On a different note it seems Josh it touting his bodywork skills and can fix “collectors” mystichrome bumpers expertly. So if you guys need work done definitely send it to him

Attachments

• F18C402E-E8AC-4316-A600-7560FA0F256E.jpeg
    F18C402E-E8AC-4316-A600-7560FA0F256E.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 174

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I’m skeptical he’ll actually get busted for any of this. Title jumping seems to be fairly common practice with these cars for whatever reason. I bought back an old car of mine after 10 years of not owning it. The title was still in the name of someone who owned the car a few years before I bought it back. So it went thru 1 or 2 owners with no title update. I think I paid around $300 in DMV back fees (only because it hadn’t been registered in a couple years) when I titled it in my name. Seemed like no one cared lol. This is in California. On a different note it seems Josh it touting his bodywork skills and can fix “collectors” mystichrome bumpers expertly. So if you guys need work done definitely send it to him

The person that liked the pic... 916traplordWTFLOLomg...

jesus

StangMan5.0

Roll slow in the 5oh
Established Member
The person that liked the pic... 916traplordWTFLOLomg...

jesus
Yeah I’m not sure what’s up with that. I follow for the car lol. Just had a funny thought though, imagine Josh seeing that dudes username. I bet he’d have a LOT to say about that hahahaa

Venom351R

Established Member

Really odd how he does all the custom work like repairing that bumper but never thinks to record it and show the process and the quality of his work on his YT channel? What an excellent way to promote your business and skills....unless of course its all smoke and mirrors

Marines691

Established Member
Really odd how he does all the custom work like repairing that bumper but never thinks to record it and show the process and the quality of his work on his YT channel? What an excellent way to promote your business and skills....unless of course its all smoke and mirrors
100% it's stolen pics or made up. We already confirmed he does this.

Users who are viewing this thread