04 cobra vs a heavily modded ws6

S8ER01Z

Established Member
First off I could give a shit about a dyno sheet. I'm telling you what you feel while driving it. Particualy a LS1 doesn't feel that strong down at all. I thought my old 99 GT felt just as strong below 3500 rpms as a LS1. A LS2 is better, but its nothing to write home about. The two motor have totally different powerbands, and LS motors are much more a topend motor than strong puller down low. If you disagree with that your full of shit. I will say it again LS motors are dog below 3500 rpms.

WOW I guess you need to head out and test drive yourself one of the LT1 cars if you judge all of your performance on your butt dyno... if you want to 'feel' impressive low end torque that might take care of your needs. I, on the other hand will continue enjoying my 'dog slow' LS1 car... :lol::lol::D

PilledV8s

Established Member
WOW I guess you need to head out and test drive yourself one of the LT1 cars if you judge all of your performance on your butt dyno... if you want to 'feel' impressive low end torque that might take care of your needs. I, on the other hand will continue enjoying my 'dog slow' LS1 car... :lol::lol::D

+1

LT1 cars are more torquier down low than LSX cars.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Well said and spot on!...

I am partial to the C6Z for one big reason...PRICE...it makes regular joes like me feel like I might have a chance in hell to own 'Exotic'-like performance at some point in my life unlike the true exoctic cars which are very 'rare' and even more expensive. :beer:

:beer:

BayareaSS

Established Member
I also LOL'd when i read the post about ls1's being dogs down low. My car has very good low end torque. Feel doesn't mean anything. You can keep "feeling" like you have torque while i just pull away

Jroc

Established Member
Look you cannot make a N/A SB motor a lowend stump puller that also spins high rpms, and pulls strong the whole way. Its not a two way street. A 5.0 EFI smallblock feels more like a bigblock than any other smallblock motor that I've ever experianced. They make good low to mid range power, atleast stock, or somewhat close to stock. I know they don't make as much power and torque stock as a LSx because their much older and everything else, but thats how they get going until their motor stops pulling at 5200 or so rpms. They feel like their riding some big torque curve or something. I've never talked with a 5.0 guy that says 4.10's make a good gear for a DD, but I've read were quite a few LSx guy say they are a great mod for their cars. The impression that every LS powered car I've driven or ridden is that it wants to build rpms quickly, and make alot of upper midrange and topend power, but its not going to knock you hard at 1500 rpms if you step on the throttle. Your going to have to wait as second until it builds a few rpms. I don't think a 302 based motor thats been modded to rev past 7000 rpms is going to make the same lowend power that a stock or bolton 5.0 makes, because your moving the powerband.

Look LSx people I'm not trying to insult what you have. I know I said it was a dog down low, but I'll say a N/A modular motor is a dog down low particularly in 4v forum. Maybe calling it a dog is a little harsh, but we've been arguing. How about this a LSx doesn't have the hit down low like a Diesel, bigblock, SBF, or SC Modular, they just don't, lowend grunt is not their best attribute. I'm not saying their slow, infact their very, very good, and are better performance motors than Modulars, and the way they make their power is very fun particularly if cammed. I've been in LSx cars with head work, a aftermarket cam, and other boltons, and I now their fast as hell. I was agreeing with old dude. He's the one how said FGT's are lap this or that road course faster than ZO6's because they make more torque, even though it has taller gearing, and a worse power to weight ratio. I was talking with my tuner the last time I went up their about a C6Z they had tuned and he said the samething. Their not all that strong down low, but above 4000 rpms their extremely hard pulling.

I have too much intelligence to insult a dummy so, I'll stray away from the name calling.
Ok, whatever.

Hmmm. I was wondering why you left off the first 2 videos of the race and chose to post only the 3rd one. I now see why, so I took the liberty of posting the first and second vid of the runs below. And in case anyone can't view these videos or have problems downloading, of the 3 races between them, the 08 Viper and 07 C6Z, the C6Z wins 2-1 against the Viper.
I didn't even know about the other video's. I just saw the one I posted on another forum, and I got it, and posted it here. I haven't watch the videos you posted, but whatever the case the ZO6 wasn't stock, and the Viper pulled on it pretty good in the video I posted. Something is not right if he lost to the same car in the videos you posted, then pulls on him in the one I posted the way that he did. Maybe the Z was just in the wrong gear.

Take a LS1 dyno and overlay with a 99+ Mustang GT dyno and try not to slap yourself on the forehead..:rockon: LS1 > PI 99+ Mustang GT. :rockon:
Most graphs don't even start showing #'s until around 3K.

You have to get through me first to get to my woman, but good luck with that;-) have fun trying :beer:
I don't want your women, and I shouldn't have talked to you like I did, but your just trying to play tit for tat. Allow me to squash any argument about a 03/04 Cobra vs. C6Z by saying a C6Z is a much better performance car, I understand that. We were debating which is better between a C6Z or FGT. Let me say that if you have a C6Z you have a very, very, very badass car, but I personally would not trade for one other than to sell it, because I like Fords, and Mustangs, and my car is badass enough for me, and I have alot of fun with it. I personally think you have too high of an opinion for your car. I mean come on your on a SVT forum insulting a FGT the best performance vehicle SVT ever developed, and saying that a ZO6 is better. I guareentee you that if a FGT owner went on LS1Tech and started claiming the FGT to be better than a C6Z he would get flamed really bad. I think its pretty amazing how similar the two cars performance #'s are for having such different setups.

Oh yea, if I forgot to mention before, I'll say it again, LS anything > 99+ PI Mustang GT

x1000.

But I will say this "Built 2v Mod with a screw blower> 4v Mod with a screw blower." If you want to understand why I say that head over to MPH's forums. They are making some extremely impressive #'s with 2v's and KB's.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I think so too.

They are they actually make LESS torque than an LS1 car... they just peak early (2200rpm) where as the LS1 hits another 1000 rpm later... and doesn't drop off like the LT1 (linear powerband vs the peak hit and then nothing)..

silverstang03

Established Member
just because the car sounds like it has a huge cam doesnt mean it really does. Good kill but i wanna see the video. try and find out what the specs are on his cam. bigger isnt always the best on those cars. there intake manifolds are pretty restrictive even if they have a fast intake.

PilledV8s

Established Member
just because the car sounds like it has a huge cam doesnt mean it really does. Good kill but i wanna see the video. try and find out what the specs are on his cam. bigger isnt always the best on those cars. there intake manifolds are pretty restrictive even if they have a fast intake.

LS3s and LS7s, cannot use FAST intakes. Cathederal ports (LS1/LS6) vs Rectangular ports (LS3/LS7)

LS1 intake < LS2 intake < LS6 intake < LS3 intake < LS7 intake ~ FAST Intake

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
Wow just read all of this, long and interesting thread, not sure how it turned from a WS6 vs Cobra to a C6Z vs FGT debut, but still a good thread!! I still wanna see the video from the op lol

local-devil

Equalizing everyone
Established Member
WRONG.

It's 96 2v 4.6 > 5.0 > LS1

Get it right beyotch! lol.

I seriously can't believe of the shit people say or believe these days. Its really sad. -Mark

Damn Mark

I thought I came here to get away from you LS1tech mustang guys. :nonono:

Riceater52910

Established Member
I'm telling you what you feel while driving it. Particualy a LS1 doesn't feel that strong down at all. I thought my old 99 GT felt just as strong below 3500 rpms as a LS1
No i think you just didnt realize you were driving a V6 powered F body.

Jroc

Established Member
No i think you just didnt realize you were driving a V6 powered F body.

Well homey I think your in deniel about how good a LS1 actually is below 3,500 rpm as I've driven quite a few Fbodies, and only one of them had a v6. Sorry man but LS motors just aren't bottom dwellers.

S8ER01Z you feel that a LT1 has much on a 2v P.I GT? :??:

TNTramair

Established Member
all you guys arguing over low end Torque between the 2 motors are forgetting about one very important factor.....gearing. if i remember correctly, Mustangs have allways been known to have better gearing than f-bodies and is one of the reasons why your "Butt Dyno" feels what it does.
so what ls motors dont have any torque below 3500rpms....its under 3500rpms for all of 1.2 secs. races arent won in the beginning, they are won at the end so who cares anyway.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Well homey I think your in deniel about how good a LS1 actually is below 3,500 rpm as I've driven quite a few Fbodies, and only one of them had a v6. Sorry man but LS motors just aren't bottom dwellers.

S8ER01Z you feel that a LT1 has much on a 2v P.I GT? :??:

http://www.idavette.net/hib/ls6/images/LS6 charts/01LS6 vs 00LS1vs 90LT5.PDF

Show me one stock N/A mod motor that makes as much torque under 3500 as the LS1. Rwhp or fwhp I don't care. What you're feeling is the gearing. Torque mulitplication can fool alot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread