'04 Dodge SRT-10 $45K

Shanezam203

Established Member
Originally posted by Red03SVT
now if they found a way of blowing a hemi or fitting some rediculously powered motor into a dakota....watch out....

-Mike

i agree with that also. If they either supercharged the hemi, or put this viper motor into a dakota, look out. (power to weight ratio would blow us out of the water...) But I think the weight of this truck is really going to slow it down in the 1/4. If we were doing more than 1/4 racing the srt10 may blow us away 0-150. But who races 0-150...
:coolman: Shane

UVa SVT

Established Member
yea I don't care for my truck over 110 anyway, honestly.
anyone know the official/unofficial weight of these gigantic things?

-Mike

P.S. I wouldn't mind going 110+ in the 1/4 though :)

Chaz Hatch

Established Member
DITTO....

Originally posted by John M. [/

B]You guys are funny, You all bash a product that is out because deep inside you have fear. Fear of the unknown, I hope this truck does come close or do better than Current Lightning. Competition makes a better product, If Dodge give us competition Ford is gonna have to make the 06 even better. As for the truck lifting off the ground at 125 ? C'mon get serious, it has a Cover and rear spoiler which equates to more downforce than a Lightning. I know my truck doesnt lift at 140, I dont see why this would lift at 125. The 1/4 ET might only be 13.9, but I bet the MPH is close to 110. I also remember reading that 03 Cobras ran 13.2, We all know in stock form they easily run mid 12's. Folks, we all think our Flavor is best and have pride in our product but give the competition credit when its due. Looking at this picture

http://www.classic-cars-worldwide.com/ford-svt-lightning-pictures.html

Do you really think where that shifter ends is the transmission ? Also, I dig the riced out yellow interior.

The point of my post, keep it real. A ZO6 is a better product than Cobra. [/B]

Chaz Hatch

Established Member
Originally posted by Shanezam203
when is the soonest we will see it on the streets? December-January?

My little sister ordered one and it should be here late Dec. This could be a "girls only" truck LOL....

SVTJES

Established Member
As an ex dakota R/T owner I am sure I will hear the "well with an extra $12,000 lets see how well the Srt-10 will fair against a (modded) lightning!" I heard it all day long on the dodge dakota board about the price difference between the L and the dak and what mods to the Dak would do to the L.... Blah Blah Blah All I can say is that this motivates me that much more to add more mods to my L to make sure that the Dodge boys understand we won't be goin' down without a fight. I am sure ford will roll out a screamer with the gen III, but for now I love the competition!

SVT JES

2003 JDM enhanced L

inVision

Established Member
For 45K, I'd get a 99 Viper GTS, or a Z06...

But my feeling is most of the people who get this expensive truck will already have a Viper GTS. Whatever the case DC deserves credit for what they're doing.

Mike

03CobraBro

Established Member
Well 45,000 dollars isnt as bad as I had originally thought... Still though not something I'd invest 45 grand in.

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Originally posted by El_Diablo
SRT-10s are already on the road, plus Ive seen pics of one in a head on collision. Only 14 days old
No their not, nobody has taken delivery yet. So I'd like to see where you see Ram SRT's driving around and already in accidents (a link to pics?). Woodhouse would be one of the top dealers to recieve them first, and they haven't.:nonono: There are a bunch of Viper guys who have an order in for one, and still don't have a confirmed date of when they'll be ready, their being told everything from 10 weeks from about now till December (and most of the guys have been told they'll take delivery by December).

As ofr the Ram SRT itself, I still like the Lightning better, but the Ram is still going to be a hell of a truck. The only thing I don't like would be trying to control wheelspin with the monster low end torque of the new V10 with a manual trans. I think most will be in the low to maybe mid 13's but trapping way higher then a 2nd gen Lightning. Who knows though, the truck might even be relatively easy to run 12's. And remember, this motor responds awsome to mods in n/a form. A lot of people have dynoed their Viper SRT-10s in the 440-450 rwhp range, only to dyno them again after about 5000 miles or so and pick up an additional 30 rwhp.

And damn, if one is taken to Doug Levin down here or some other Viper tuner, you'll have one hell of a beast on your hand (probably would need to downgrade to 18" wheels and drag radials lol). Hennesey has done testing on the new vgx V10 and pushed over 700 rwhp and tq with a turbo setup and fairly low boost. Doug Levin can easily get a 2nd gen Viper to produce in the 800-900 rwhp range or more, and is still developing and tuning the new V10.

So just be prepared, b/c their could be some absolutley sick Rams out there at the track eventually.

Last edited:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
The pics I saw some guy snapped off of his phone, Ill save them. Thye arent good quality though.

Heres an assesment of the damage from a head on with a 80s Olds:

"the lower facia was bent down a little and had a couple minor scratches, the drivers head lamp was pushed in a bit. That is pretty much it, seriously, that is about the extent of the damage. Damn SRT didnt even roll back when it got hit, the car just bounced off of him."

Users who are viewing this thread