Tator's Dodge Price $42,000!
Call me ASAP if you want one!!
They WILL GO FAST! >

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Originally posted by sn95fiveohhh
and its still a dodge:rolleyes: :rollseyes

And a dodge that weighs 5,000lbs with a shifter longer than your leg. Its not even going to be funny how quickly the Gen3 L disposes of the SRT-10

UVa SVT

Established Member
I wouldn't mind having one just to have/show off/polish/keep in the garage, but if they were equally priced, I'd still take the L..

-Mike

P.S. not like I'm biased or anything either, I've had 2 dodge trucks, and my family has done business with dodge/chrysler forever... just not my cup of tea this time, mopar :nono:

Last edited:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Originally posted by Red03SVT
P.S. not like I'm biased or anything either, I've had 2 dodge trucks, and my family has done business with dodge/chrysler forever... just not my cup of tea this time, mopar :nono:

Same here, Ive had a dodge and so has my family. But I really dont like this mopar. Its a frekain Viper motor, how hard/expensive is it to mod those things???

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Originally posted by El_Diablo
Same here, Ive had a dodge and so has my family. But I really dont like this mopar. Its a frekain Viper motor, how hard/expensive is it to mod those things???

It would be expensive enough just to get the rear tires to hook up. I wouldn't worry about mods. That truck is going to cause major problems with dodge. Lawsuit city.

UVa SVT

Established Member
SVTADVISOR: good point. that thing should break left and right. look at the probs in the past dodge has had with tranny, etc. I got a brand new 99 dakota quad cab when they first came out and by 8000 miles the rear started clunking and the tranny misshifted all over the place. I drove like a granny too. (no offense to you granny's :) :) )

-Mike

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Well with only 2000 or less being made the first year the 45 grand is highly unlikely.:rollseyes I say if you can find one for around $50 grand your doing real good.

Remember the Prowler it was suppose to only be $35,000 and it was around $45,000 on up all through its production life.:nonono:

Well it looks like the Gen III Lightning well be around $38,000 to $40,000 as all the FORD reps. that I have talked to have stressed that the 3rd gen well be a lot cheaper by at least $5,000.:thumbsup:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
SVTADVISOR: good point. that thing should break left and right. look at the probs in the past dodge has had with tranny, etc. I got a brand new 99 dakota quad cab when they first came out and by 8000 miles the rear started clunking and the tranny misshifted all over the place. I drove like a granny too. (no offense to you granny's :) :) )

-Mike

Dodge has spent, what, two years testing the prototypes out witht the V10...? I'm thinking that time has been spent trying to get the drivetrain/gearing on the rear-end "just-so" because of the torque the motor puts out.

Does a drive-shaft loop come as a no-charge option...:D

Anyhoo, once my 5-year warranty is up, I'm payin' a visit to Freehold, NJ, for a JDM "makeover"....saving my money for the mods and watching the new Dodge owners cry through the recalls...:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member

-Mike

You must've had a 2000 model as there were no 99s. Anyway, I used to have a 2000 Dakota Quad with the 4.7 V8 and put 40,000 miles on it and never had any powertrain problems at all, the tranny shifted fine and I drove it pretty hard often. I would probably have kept it if it wasn't for wanting more room.

aleon

Established Member
I've heard a few rumors that the GenIII L is going to have an "enclosed" block (whatever that means.) But I've been told that what you see is what you get, no mods on the GenIII. Is this true or BS? :shrug:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
The horsepower race appears to really be on for the next few years. The Ram SRT will appear with the current Viper motor. Around 05 or 06, both Viper and the Ram SRT is rumored to get a Hemi V10 producing around 600hp.

Really makes you wonder just how far this race will go???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The the L will get the 427 V-10 with quad turbos in two stages with factory N2O making 1500hp all channeled through a 2 speed power glide to a Rockwell 2.5 ton rear end.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
The the L will get the 427 V-10 with quad turbos in two stages with factory N2O making 1500hp all channeled through a 2 speed power glide to a Rockwell 2.5 ton rear end.

lol...now that's what I want to tow a trailer with lol

Users who are viewing this thread