'04 Dodge SRT-10 $45K

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
4, last one. Looks like them things are pretty sturdy. The olds was making a turn and smacked the SRT-10, the ram was sitting still and the Olds was doin 35

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Originally posted by El_Diablo

These were taken in Detroit, a DC guy owned it

EDIT: Damn forgot the pic
I'm guessing one of the pre production models done for testing? Don't think I meant anything against you either, I was just curious b/c the dealers I've spoken to (we're looking at 01-02 GTS's) still don't have a confirmed delivery date but are taking orders and have been.

I think theres one on ebay right now with a 10 week delivery date from now, but thats weird considering most of the Viper guys who have had one on order for awhile have been told around December
:shrug:

Wow, that Olds is fugged, I do know the new Rams are strong, somebody in an Accord hit my friends 03' 3500 Ram 4X4 Laramie, and of course the h/o Cummins and 6 speed. Ram didn't even flinch, but the Accord ended up looking like that Olds...stupid teenage girl and her fart can Accord:nonono:

Last edited:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Originally posted by Saleen Explorer

As ofr the Ram SRT itself, I still like the Lightning better, but the Ram is still going to be a hell of a truck. The only thing I don't like would be trying to control wheelspin with the monster low end torque of the new V10 with a manual trans. I think most will be in the low to maybe mid 13's but trapping way higher then a 2nd gen Lightning. Who knows though, the truck might even be relatively easy to run 12's. And remember, this motor responds awsome to mods in n/a form. A lot of people have dynoed their Viper SRT-10s in the 440-450 rwhp range, only to dyno them again after about 5000 miles or so and pick up an additional 30 rwhp.

And damn, if one is taken to Doug Levin down here or some other Viper tuner, you'll have one hell of a beast on your hand (probably would need to downgrade to 18" wheels and drag radials lol). Hennesey has done testing on the new vgx V10 and pushed over 700 rwhp and tq with a turbo setup and fairly low boost. Doug Levin can easily get a 2nd gen Viper to produce in the 800-900 rwhp range or more, and is still developing and tuning the new V10.

So just be prepared, b/c their could be some absolutley sick Rams out there at the track eventually.

Very true, just watch out if you see on with SVSi bading, those guys have been making TT Vipers since 93. I think the L will have more tuning ability and it will be cheaper to mod. Viper motor parts are expensive, and the new 5.4 should be very easy to mod. I hope that it gets a fully forged lower end like the Cobra and GT, then minor mods like pulleys will really get it going. It should be fun to watch, SVT might pump up the Gen3 Ls numbers after they get their hands on a SRT-10

Users who are viewing this thread