04 Mystic on CL with 16 miles...

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe this car has been listed for a while. $42,000 is a bit steep, even for a rare car with no miles IMO. Seems everyone else feels the same.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Wow. Its hard to understand why somebody buys a car like this to look at it for 10 years and then sells it.

My '04 also got driven around there test track for similar mileage.

Anyone know what percent of cars were pulled out of line for the 'test' drive?

How bad did they get beat on? I know it seemed like my original set of tires didn't last too long. ;)

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I believe this car has been listed for a while. $42,000 is a bit steep, even for a rare car with no miles IMO. Seems everyone else feels the same.

Yea, its really only worth more than $32k to someone that wants to keep it as-is as a show piece.

How many people like that around? And those folks can always go down to the dealer in pick up a brand new car from THIS year's stock.

Most people looking for a cobra want to drive it. You can find a super low mile cobra for $25-30k. Why pay $42k for the right to be a 2nd owner?

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
For that kind of money, I'd rather have a properly built low mileage car. I'd still take it, if I had the money though.

usmc320

Established Member
How boring to take a car meant to be driven and store it away never to be enjoyed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
he will get 42k sooner or later

He's been trying. I read his ad some months ago if I recall. I, too, just don't understand why someone who buy this car ($39K sticker), and then 9 years later put it up for sale for $42K. He isn't interested in any lower price. And during the time he never drove it. He either bought it just to add to his collection for purely personal reasons, or he hoped it would be a good investment. I'm just surprised he isn't keeping it. Maybe he needs the money and this one just has to go.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
He's been trying. I read his ad some months ago if I recall. I, too, just don't understand why someone who buy this car ($39K sticker), and then 9 years later put it up for sale for $42K. He isn't interested in any lower price. And during the time he never drove it. He either bought it just to add to his collection for purely personal reasons, or he hoped it would be a good investment. I'm just surprised he isn't keeping it. Maybe he needs the money and this one just has to go.

it could also be that he wants something else but doesnt have to get rid of the car so he is posting it up for a price that he couldn't resist

if ive learned one thing from being into cars is....i dont care what someone else does with there car.....there is an ass for every seat and at every price

LS2GTO

Established Member
He must be really short on cash, otherwise why sell it now for barely any profit (and most likely a loss after 10 years of storage and insurance costs) after all this time?

At this point, he already wasted a decade with this car...might as well suck it up for another 2 decades and have this car be worth somewhere in the 6 digits.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Well, there are a couple other possibilities:

>He doesn't REALLY want to sell it. Maybe has a wife pressuring him to unload the toys, and this is just a way to appease the boss and still keep the car.

>Or, absolutely no intention to sell the car, and this just a cry for attention. He bought the car for bragging rights, and there is really no way to show off a 16 mile car without either a show-room or by driving the damn thing! (or trailering it around to shows) :(

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Hopefully the next buyer will drive it and send an update picture with the car racking up miles!!!

Since we are guessing as to why he is selling it, here's my guess: Getting the funds and room to buy the next gen Mustang due to come out so he can put it on the car rack for 10 years......

Users who are viewing this thread