04' Mystichrome Cobra 3.6 LC Kenne Bell Mammoth install

A stallion

Established Member
View attachment 25245
Going on today!!! Just dealing with the small clearance issues that Kenne Bell spells out in detail.
View attachment 25246

That's a gorgeous giant blower lol I am in the middle of finishing up my KB 2.8 Mammoth swap can't wait as well!!!!!
Can the kb3.6 mammoth push the terminator 1000+whp?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411795107.084719.jpg

Last edited:

Teviinz

Established Member
niceee cant wait to see this new setup in action. Poor mike haha. Idk what he has for you now

D-MANN

Established Member
Impressive how much room at the back of the blower on the 3.6;looks like the 2.8 doesnt have that much room. Is there still room for cooling mod on the mammoth 2.8?

A stallion

Established Member
Impressive how much room at the back of the blower on the 3.6;looks like the 2.8 doesnt have that much room. Is there still room for cooling mod on the mammoth 2.8?

Good question I have Letal gen II cooling mod, but by the time I installed the lower intake and kb adaptor plate was too hard for me to install it and I didn't want to remove the plate again to get to where I need to mount it. Not sure if I did that I will have a clearance still when I install the kb 2.8mammoth. My friend have the cobra engineering cooling mods on his kb 2.8 mammoth but it's a rear mount

dublekick

Established Member
Im pre ordering a kit from HPP for this blower. Im amazed at the quality and for thought they put into this kit. Do you know if this blower will work with other pulleys? It looks like the one on there is a different design. Also for the hood clearance issue in going to use a racecraft k member. It drops the crank line 1.5" which is exactly how much taller than this blower is over a 2.8 haha

A stallion

Established Member
Im pre ordering a kit from HPP for this blower. Im amazed at the quality and for thought they put into this kit. Do you know if this blower will work with other pulleys? It looks like the one on there is a different design. Also for the hood clearance issue in going to use a racecraft k member. It drops the crank line 1.5" which is exactly how much taller than this blower is over a 2.8 haha

It looks someone is doing his homework haha

dublekick

Established Member
Lol sorry I got excited like a school girl when I heard about this blower coming out. Though I know whipple makes a good blower ive always been a kb fan and its nice we have competition for the 3.4 on our platform now.

A stallion

Established Member
Lol sorry I got excited like a school girl when I heard about this blower coming out. Though I know whipple makes a good blower ive always been a kb fan and its nice we have competition for the 3.4 on our platform now.

Yea I am glad we have a competition even though I have nothing against Whipple just like KB more haha. I can't wait for a new comparison

dublekick

Established Member
Yes. That and with there being only two cars with this blower at the moment id like to know specs compression pulley combos etc so I know what I can expect and what I may need. The only other car with one of these is a 5.3 boss block. Im doing a stroked teksid.

slvr10th

Established Member
First off install looking good, I've got the other 3.6KB on the 5.3. We started off with a 3inch pulley, made 872HP with around 27lbs on 100 degree texas day. I am swapping to an ice tank in the trunk to keep IAT's down, then using the stock intercooler tank with a trans cooler for the liquid cooled system on the blower. I am also going to swap from c16 to E85, so with these 2 changes and some cooler weather hopefully we can get deep into the 9xx range. All through turbo 400 with 5k stall. If we had the t56 I know we would be over 1K already.

What did you do on the fuel rails, mine had to be machined down quite a bit and also swapped the driver and passenger side rails around for more clearance. And had to countersink the front 2 blower to lower plate bolts for more clearance.

slvr10th

Established Member
We went to the track after the dyno and first pass out broke the spider gears in half. Was a detroit true track with 31 splined axles, now were upgrading to spool, 35 spline axles, 5/8 studs, and 9 inch ends.

dublekick

Established Member
Sweet jesus! Lol what fuel rails? I have fore fuel rails and had a ridiculous clearance on my 2.8 when it was installed. And I talked to kb my plan was to run a trunk cell with a KC system and just uses the engine coolant system through the case (I know that seems dumb but I confirmed with KB that it can be done and it would still be cooler than no LC at all). Also in E85.

Users who are viewing this thread