04' Mystichrome Cobra 3.6 LC Kenne Bell Mammoth install

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
Sorry guys, been pounding away trying to get the car done. I'll have to get a few pics tomorrow. Here's the few issues I have had thus far:

1) passenger side blower manifold bolts had to be clearanced in order to be able to tighten down the blower.
2) Fuse box needed to be moved to clear the intake pipe. ( I moved all wiring to inside the fenders tonight)
3) bypass tube was interfering with my -8AN to stock rail adapter. Switched to 45 degree fitting and all is well.
4) billetflow 100mm idler will not work on top. Switched for 90mm and used small idler pulley (that KB included in the kit), in 90mm's old spot.
5) upper Intercooler hose had to be trimmed IOT clear the bottom of the case... I run all 3/4 lines.

That's the main issues so far.
My motor is 8.2:1 compression and stock heads btw. Probably the closest to a stock car motor you are going to get... Minus the ARP and the normal built motor goodies.

slvr10th

Established Member
Sorry guys, been pounding away trying to get the car done. I'll have to get a few pics tomorrow. Here's the few issues I have had thus far:

1) passenger side blower manifold bolts had to be clearanced in order to be able to tighten down the blower.
2) Fuse box needed to be moved to clear the intake pipe. ( I moved all wiring to inside the fenders tonight)
3) bypass tube was interfering with my -8AN to stock rail adapter. Switched to 45 degree fitting and all is well.
4) billetflow 100mm idler will not work on top. Switched for 90mm and used small idler pulley (that KB included in the kit), in 90mm's old spot.
5) upper Intercooler hose had to be trimmed IOT clear the bottom of the case... I run all 3/4 lines.

That's the main issues so far.
My motor is 8.2:1 compression and stock heads btw. Probably the closest to a stock car motor you are going to get... Minus the ARP and the normal built motor goodies.

I didn't have any issues with passenger side bolts, just got ball end extra long hex socket and was able to get to them.
I did not have to move the fuse box, HPP built me a custom 5inch intake pipe tht goes from throttle body and exits through fenderwell. (Will send pictures tomorrow and maybe you can post)
I also had to use the smaller idler pulley that was included and ordered about 6 differnent belts from orielys till I got the correct length.

I'm ready to see how your car does through the c4. good luck

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I'm anxious about my C4 too... But I built it myself with all the best crap... Guess we will see. I ran 9.50's with it all day with 600 hp.... If I get into the 700's I will be knocking at 8's door.

A stallion

Established Member
That's the picture :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411964703.234987.jpg

slvr10th

Established Member
Yeah I had a PA c4 with the best of everything and had good luck with it, but all I ever heard was the c4 would never hold the new power so I geuss peer pressure got me and I swapped to the 400. How much does your car weigh? I was running 9.67 at 3700lbs with 700 at the back tire, verry impressive running 9.50's. I too am in search of the mystical 8 second zone, I need a cage though still running the bolt in 6 point.

A stallion

Established Member
Thanks for posting the picture, we have the pipe getting powdercoated satin black.

Yeah solid 8.8. 28*11*15 slick

Your welcome!! Turbotrail93 the pervious owner of my kb 2.8 mammoth ran 9.50@143 With no cams but He have headers and 3:55 gears. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411965577.840885.jpg

slvr10th

Established Member
Mystichrome-What fuel are you going to be running? and if you don't mind what pump and injectors are you going with.
I'm trying to figure out if my eliminator pump will provide enough fuel on e85 or if I need to get the pro pump.

dublekick

Established Member
I highly doubt it. Im buying ID 1300s and a magnafuel pump to handle the fuel flow for this thing. I already had a return style system with 80# and an aeromotive A1000

stangfreak

Established Member
This blower has potential for our cars. Love it. I would love to put a 4r70w automatic and this blower on my car. On the street and track it will be a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread