04' Mystichrome Cobra 3.6 LC Kenne Bell Mammoth install

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Were you at MIR last year for the NMRA event? I came over to your car but I think you were underneath it working on something. You were under there for a bit so I never got a chance to meet you.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
If they aren't for sale how did you get it. I was always in the know along time ago. I used to get so many emails about new blowers and so on but I'm out of the game and lost some contacts. I was told that these kits will be in production. So now there saying its a maybe ?

I would rather KB chime in here, but due to some production issues the kits are delayed. Other projects have now taken over, and there is less of a chance of these being produced. I was able to source my kit through HPP racing. HPP and Kenne Bell work closely together, and had a deal worked out.

stangfreak

Established Member
Gotcha. If kb is not sure that these kits will be produced, why would they say that we will have another option. Or is tht from. Different source? Sorry for all the questions lol. I just wnt to change my setup as well.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I would wait a month or so before I pulled the trigger on a new KB twin screw.... It's already being tested on cars...

Kenne Bell really does a ton of research and development before they release kits... It's not a marketing ploy. I can't stress how complete my kit is. I imagine when they are ready to release the info, the Terminator crowd will be very happy.

The 3.6 is really a better option for the all out race guys like me. With the massive single blade inlet, I imagine it would be hell to tune and drive on the street... But that's just my opinion...

stangfreak

Established Member
yes I agree with you on the drivability issues with that big throttle body. for all out racing, its best like you said. would love to go turbo, but, that's expensive and I would want to put an auto in it. Just a lot of changing over.

I am going to wait a little. Back when the 2.4 kb was out I was one of the first group of guys to have one. Big fail lol. I even spoke to jim bell himself about the issues we were having. I was always the first to buy the newest toy out for these cars. This time I want to wait

ctgreddy

Established Member
yes I agree with you on the drivability issues with that big throttle body. for all out racing, its best like you said. would love to go turbo, but, that's expensive and I would want to put an auto in it. Just a lot of changing over.

I am going to wait a little. Back when the 2.4 kb was out I was one of the first group of guys to have one. Big fail lol. I even spoke to jim bell himself about the issues we were having. I was always the first to buy the newest toy out for these cars. This time I want to wait

the dual 75mm tb also fits on the mammoth inlets. I have the dual 75 and the driveability is better than my old accufab. KB states the big single like the op has is worth 25whp at 750whp so for the cars pushing 7-900 I would think the better driveability would be worth the loss of 24 hp. If it's even that much.

stangfreak

Established Member
the dual 75mm tb also fits on the mammoth inlets. I have the dual 75 and the driveability is better than my old accufab. KB states the big single like the op has is worth 25whp at 750whp so for the cars pushing 7-900 I would think the better driveability would be worth the loss of 24 hp. If it's even that much.

The 2.8 mammoth comes with a dual 75mm throttle body? I would rather have better drivability and sacrifice 25 hp. If it's even that much like you said.

ctgreddy

Established Member
The 2.8 mammoth comes with a dual 75mm throttle body? I would rather have better drivability and sacrifice 25 hp. If it's even that much like you said.

my mammoth kit came with it but I did get it used. But i'd assume with all the mammoth kits they'd atleast supply the dual 75 as a base.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411229471.953718.jpg
Going on today!!! Just dealing with the small clearance issues that Kenne Bell spells out in detail.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411229536.801212.jpg

stangfreak

Established Member
Oh very nice. Are you going to address the lower crank ? I know these big blowers pose a problem. I may go this route and I have just a metco 4lb lower non caged

ctgreddy

Established Member
Nice progress!!! I'm with you, one of my favorite features if the kb is the blower install/removal where you don't have to mess with the lower/intercooler. It's nice!!

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
Oh very nice. Are you going to address the lower crank ? I know these big blowers pose a problem. I may go this route and I have just a metco 4lb lower non caged

I am still running the factory caged lower... The only fix/upgrade is to stud the crank. I don't have time before the race at BG to tear the motor down. So I'll just lay off the transbrake, and take an extra lower with me to be safe. I know this blower takes less power to turn up top than a 2.8... Maybe that will be my saving grace? Lol

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411703917.409681.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411703935.119968.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411703948.589408.jpg
Well I'm getting there! Doing this install completely by myself in my garage so progress is definitely slow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411704000.397498.jpg
And there is a ton of clearance behind the blower for the head cooling mod btw!

ctgreddy

Established Member
Very nice! progress is coming along great, cant wait to see what that animal does!!!

Users who are viewing this thread