04' Mystichrome Cobra 3.6 LC Kenne Bell Mammoth install

A stallion

Established Member
Yea you don't wanna run other then caged stock lower with that bigger of a blower lol

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
How did this car run at NMRA??

Not well at all. Looks like I blew out the valve cover gaskets with the high boost and loose rings. If anyone is thinking of putting this blower on a stock style long block....FORGET IT!!! You need ported heads, cams, and additional displacement to really make proper use of this beast.
My motor will be coming out shortly for the needed upgrades. Yeah the heads held, the gaskets didn't fail, but it's a ticking time bomb.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
For the record I am NOT on a stock long block. I'm on stock ish heads... My over gapped rings and PCV valves still in the valve covers might have taken out my valve cover gaskets.

GodStang

Established Member
How did I totally Miss this thread. I so want to go to this blower but want to keep the stock look so want to keep my hood. Any chance of that? I am pulleyed for 28.5psi on the 2.8LC and just did not make the power I was hoping for and could not get past like 17 degrees timing. So kinda hoping a bigger blower would fix that and Reduce heat. I have had 3 or 4 Kenne Bells so want to stay with them.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I measured 4.5" from body line to top of blower... I have good clearance with my 5" cowl though. That's definitely not the only consideration... The intake pipe was fun...

Users who are viewing this thread