04' Mystichrome Cobra 3.6 LC Kenne Bell Mammoth install

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I don't know if this is the right place for a semi-build thread, but I will post what I am doing and the mods can move it as they see fit.

After getting beat down at the last Terminator vs GT500 shootout, I decided it was time for a change from my 2.6H KB. I had the blower completely maxed out with the 2.75 pulley (24-25 lbs) and ran a best of 9.51 at 138. I didn't want to move away from Kenne Bell as this was my second KB twinscrew, and I always had good luck with them. So, after talking with Mike at Kenne Bell and a few discussions with Manny at HPP racing... I settled on the 3.6 LC.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410926779.626051.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410926790.600987.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410926796.767043.jpg

For reference that is a 2.6H beside the 3.6... Which is for sale in the market section btw...

I will do my best to keep everyone up to date with the install. I have actually tasked my girlfriend as the picture guru for this transformation. I will be at Bowling Green for the second terminator/ gt500 shootout of anyone wants to see the setup in person! Big thanks again to Mike and Jim at Kenne Bell, and Manny and Brad at HPP racing!

oldmodman

Established Member
This should be a good build.

Will you be doing much street driving? Might be difficult to keep the boost levels down to a streetable level.

But what I am really waiting for is someone to stick their new 4.2L blower on an 03 Cobra. Might be producing boost at idle:-D

ctgreddy

Established Member
awesome! does this bolt down to the 2.8 mammoth lower plate? I was under the impression that the 3.6 wouldn't work on our cars but then when installing my 2.8 I thought the lower plate setup looked very close to what it looked like on a shelby I previously installed a 3.6 on.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I was under the impression the plate was different. But I haven't had a chance to compare the two... I know the mammoth inlet is definitely different.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I would also like to add, when Deciding on what blower you guys want to buy, keep this in mind: When Kenne Bell says they sell a complete kit, THEY MEAN IT! I will take some pictures after work today, but they include every possible item you may need to install the kit... I'm talking gaskets, rtv, loctite, hoses, etc... I was simply amazed at the completeness off the kit when it got to my house yesterday. Great job KB!

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Less talk, more install! Lmao!
Can't wait to see what it makes and how you do a BG! Good luck!

cj428mach

Established Member
Is there a reason it goes off to the drivers side? it seems like that would make a lot of unnecessary work when they easily could have made it go to the pass. side.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
Is there a reason it goes off to the drivers side? it seems like that would make a lot of unnecessary work when they easily could have made it go to the pass. side.

Kenne bell goes into great detail on their page as to why they moved the inlet to the other side. I don't mind it, as I had already relocated my battery.

ctgreddy

Established Member

like the op said kb has stated a few reasons in their directions. However, in my opinion it was only because they already had the mammoth elbow for the shelby which went on that side, and just reused it on these cars. I'm sure both the 2.8 mammoth inlet I have and this one the op has is the same thing as the shelby.

cj428mach

Established Member
like the op said kb has stated a few reasons in their directions. However, in my opinion it was only because they already had the mammoth elbow for the shelby which went on that side, and just reused it on these cars. I'm sure both the 2.8 mammoth inlet I have and this one the op has is the same thing as the shelby.

I must be blind because I checked out KB's site and couldn't find any reasoning on why the had the elbow on that side. I'm like you, I'm pretty sure the reason is because they already had the elbow made for the Shelbys. I think KB and Stieg do the same kind of marketing.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I must be blind because I checked out KB's site and couldn't find any reasoning on why the had the elbow on that side. I'm like you, I'm pretty sure the reason is because they already had the elbow made for the Shelbys. I think KB and Stieg do the same kind of marketing.

In the directions I got for my 2.8 they say it's because they can create a less restricted Intake path. Plus they say you can't run the huge ass filter in the passenger fender because of the I/c pump. Even tho whipples use an even bigger Intake pipe on the original pipe(5inch) and the jlt high boost fits fine in the fender and I'm sure wouldn't be a restriction.

stangfreak

Established Member

When the 2.8 mammoth came out lots of people got upset bc they didn't want the intake to change over to the other side. Kenne bell stated the reason why they did this was bc there was more room and cooling benefits on the drivers side than the passanger side when the intake tube was in the fender. Of course you know people didn't believe that which is why people got mad. They already had the kits,for the Shelby's so they through together the 2.8 kit. Like we all said, they had the parts so why not. I prefer the intake on the passanger side so there would be no extra work or cutting the car involved.

Still, I think I'm going to go with this kit. Pics had no idea they were for sale.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
The kits actually aren't for sale yet... Probably another 6 months if they even go into production... A little birdie told me that there will be another option for Cobras out soon... But that's all I am going to say

stangfreak

Established Member
If they aren't for sale how did you get it. I was always in the know along time ago. I used to get so many emails about new blowers and so on but I'm out of the game and lost some contacts. I was told that these kits will be in production. So now there saying its a maybe ?

Users who are viewing this thread