04 Termi broken axle at drag strip orlando...

Tractionless1

Established Member
Funny you should say "Dry Hop" I think thats the culprit and heres why:

Upon my burn out on my second warm up... my foot slipped off the brake ..............:

Get a line lock while you're at it.

I have to agree with this post as well, so many people wont daily drive drag radials because of the side wall flex

I drive my NT05r's on the street at 15psi. Just need a the cohones mod. ;-)

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
This is correct for the STREET, not sure why anyone would tell you to use them to get rid of wheel hop for the track:shrug: Maybe they were assuming that since it helps with wheel hop on the street it would carry over to the track. Who knows why they said it or what they actually meant, but for the track a bias ply or full slick is best with IRS.

I'm gonna try the new MT ET Pro Drag Radial with my IRS and PRAY it's side wall is soft enough to flex and absorb the shock of the launch.

I still have one forsale if your interested :)

MikesCobra

Established Member
Your posts are always welcomed. Thats what we're all hear for. Hope to see you out at OSW soon!!

Thank you sir, glad to hear and see its a welcoming family here on the forum. I dont plan on ever and I mean EVER selling the car.

This is correct for the STREET, not sure why anyone would tell you to use them to get rid of wheel hop for the track:shrug: Maybe they were assuming that since it helps with wheel hop on the street it would carry over to the track. Who knows why they said it or what they actually meant, but for the track a bias ply or full slick is best with IRS.

I'm gonna try the new MT ET Pro Drag Radial with my IRS and PRAY it's side wall is soft enough to flex and absorb the shock of the launch.

Yeah let me know how they work, I will look into a set of wheels and tires for track duty....

Get a line lock while you're at it.

I drive my NT05r's on the street at 15psi. Just need a the cohones mod. ;-)
yeah I def need one to avoid that issue which could even be a safety issue... going to get the SLP kit so many on here recommended.
I still have one forsale if your interested :)
PM my the price of the axle, I may pick it up in case I break another... just as insurance.

ncaudio

Established Member
Rebuilt axles, I'm looking for busted ones

The cheapest I've seen for terminator axles is Rock Auto:

2004 : FORD : MUSTANG : 4.6L V8 Supercharged DOHC : Drivetrain : CV Half Shaft Assembly PriceCoreTotalAdd to Cart A-1 CARDONE Part # 602233 More Info Reman.
Rear Right
Rear Left$124.89$40.00$164.89

The prices are part, core and total (w/o shipping)
You have to pay shipping which isn't cheap since they're heavy, but they are listed as rebuilt which means they are stock axles/CV's that have been gone through.

I'm looking to buy broken '03 '04 terminator axles, need the inner drive flange and tripod assembly for a project. Axle can be broken, outer CV can be blown out, boots can be torn up, that's fine as long as inner drive flange and tripod assambly are complete and in usable condition. If you have one for sale please PM me or send me an e-mail with asking price, thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread