07 shelby, 20k miles, for 31k but....

CPRsm

If work was done by a good body shop. Then it could be better then stock. Take it in somewhere like a body shop and look around. Also have the shop techs pick it apart. If it passes, buy it.
This

Other thing to think about is it will be questioned just like you are now even at a good price if you go to sell it. If you don't plan on it, it won't matter. If it's done right, and not on carfax, definitely do it.

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
Just because its a clean carfax, does not mean everything is great. If you get into a wreck and we settle for say $5k on the street, no carfax is involved. If you want an additional piece of mind try to run a autocheck on the vehicle to make sure it has not ran through a National Auto Auction which carfax fails to show. If it runs through an auction major issues will be announced on the vehicle and will show on autocheck. The auctions houses, if ran at a major one, do full frame inspections and engine checks and what not.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
This

Other thing to think about is it will be questioned just like you are now even at a good price if you go to sell it. If you don't plan on it, it won't matter. If it's done right, and not on carfax, definitely do it.

yeah, that's what was thinking. If I was planning on keeping it Id go for it but I change cars like socks haha. I'm keeping my eye out for a vista blue one right now

Just because its a clean carfax, does not mean everything is great. If you get into a wreck and we settle for say $5k on the street, no carfax is involved. If you want an additional piece of mind try to run a autocheck on the vehicle to make sure it has not ran through a National Auto Auction which carfax fails to show. If it runs through an auction major issues will be announced on the vehicle and will show on autocheck. The auctions houses, if ran at a major one, do full frame inspections and engine checks and what not.

It shows up on carfax. says it had front left collision and the second one says undercarriage damage. The guy told me everything, he's pretty much related to me. I'm gonna take some time, do some looking around and go from there. I'm in no hurry. Just wanted your guys opinions since you own shelbys. Buying a car with an accident history from somebody you dont know is one thing, but from somebody you know who wouldn't try to screw you over is another. Like I said he's been asking 36k for it but since I was military and pretty much related he said he'd give it to me for 31k.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
You will have trouble getting rid of it. You may feel comfortable with the explanation because you know the guy, but if you go to sell it the next guy is not going to have that same feeling.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Last edited:

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
Here is an 08' with 24k miles that needs repair and sounds similar to what you posted. Buy it now is only 21k in damaged condition.

Ford : Mustang: eBay Motors (item 200513000226 end time Sep-06-10 08:16:40 PDT)

Here is an 08' with just over 1000 miles for $37k

Shelby: eBay Motors (item 280557415842 end time Sep-10-10 11:18:19 PDT)

No Reserve 6k mile 07' at $27k with the weekend remaining.

Ford : Mustang: eBay Motors (item 160476008564 end time Sep-06-10 19:10:20 PDT)

I was actually looking on e bay today. Your right, they're out there. One thing I noticed though, you dont find as many modded shelby's as you do 03/04's.

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
I'm looking for closer to 30k.

yeah thats better. i know for sure for future re-sale if you trade it in dealers will be back on the offer amount with the two accidents on autocheck. and private party the next guy will be a little off by that also. get it for as cheap and possible and just hang on to it for as long as possible.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
yeah thats better. i know for sure for future re-sale if you trade it in dealers will be back on the offer amount with the two accidents on autocheck. and private party the next guy will be a little off by that also. get it for as cheap and possible and just hang on to it for as long as possible.

I was kind of thinking that but It doesnt make much sense to buy a car before winter so I'm just gonna wait til spring and see what's out there.

You can get an accident free one for just a little more

I'm gonna wait til spring, I'm sure the prices will be even lower by then.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
On the flip side, they've had a GT500 for 3+ years longer than you ;) Just giving you a hard time.

I paid under sticker for mine :)

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
You can see in the pic how the drivers side of the hood does'nt match up to the fender. Right in your face.

Pass for the win.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
On the flip side, they've had a GT500 for 3+ years longer than you ;) Just giving you a hard time.

I paid under sticker for mine :)

haha, yeah I guess if you can afford it go for it. Too rich for my blood. If I paid that much I'd just keep it.

You can see in the pic how the drivers side of the hood does'nt match up to the fender. Right in your face.

Pass for the win.

That's just an optical illusion due to the rise in solar flares on the sun. caused his camera to mess up. Good eye :beer: I didn't even notice that.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
So what are some other sites to find shelby's besides here and the obvious ones like autotrader and cars.com. He said some guy is selling it and has a bunch of pictures up on some websites where shelby's are sold. I'm big mustang guy and I have no idea where else there is to look. Must be why it's still for sale haha.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
You will have trouble getting rid of it. You may feel comfortable with the explanation because you know the guy, but if you go to sell it the next guy is not going to have that same feeling.

exactly, once I see accidents on the carfax or a hint of the car being painted when I go to see it...I immediately walk away. Its not worth the headache it'll end up causing you later.

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Buddy of mine just picked up a garage queen '07 Blue, with Silver stripes for $32k. 2,300 miles on the clock.

Look around dude you will find what you are looking for. Chopping someone $5 grand is not out of the question.

melissa809

Established Member
I was kind of thinking that but It doesnt make much sense to buy a car before winter so I'm just gonna wait til spring and see what's out there.

I'm gonna wait til spring, I'm sure the prices will be even lower by then.

Winter is the BEST time to buy one of these cars. THAT is when buyers get DEALS! AS far as your condescending tone towards GT500 owners who paid over sticker, shut your pie hole, McFly!!!!! And no, I paid 6 grand under MSRP...but to make someone who DID pay over MSRP feel bad, it just shows that you have to make up for something you are lacking...ahem, your ability to buy a GT500 NEW!

Anyways, good luck on your purchase, kid...

Users who are viewing this thread