09 Viper ACR OR 09 Corvette ZR1

snakecharmer

Established Member
I've driven the Viper. You couldn't give me one. BEAUTIFUL car, but damned most uncomfortable thing I think I've ever been in.

ZR1 all the way.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
ZR1 > Viper ACR. The Corvette has been the American Dream since the 1950's. You cant't beat any C6 Vette when it comes to bang for buck. The Viper has been a sweet car since Carroll Shelby helped design in back in the 90's but also have been way over-priced from the beginning. Dodge just hasn't been anything since the muscle car era and are making low quality vehicles lately & the current merge with Fiat is just halarious

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Viper 'cause it has the exotic look. Plus we all know only fat, bald, old guys drive vettes. :poke:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Based on the fact that I see corvettes everywhere, even though we are talking about the ZR1, I'm still going to say I would take the ACR because of the shock and awe factor. You would get more looks in that Viper on the road than you would with the ZR1, IMO.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
LOL at all the poeple that think the viper looks better. WOW factor? Give me a break. I dont care what some teenager or some blond bimbo thinks about my car. The only people I would care about what they think would be the people who can actually tell the difference between a ZR1 and a C6.
Even track performance, the Zr1 is supposed to be a very forgiving track car. Is the ACR? I bet most people on here are gonna pull a better track time in the Vette..... But I guess when you take into account that everyone on SVTP is Ken Block, we should all pick the ACR. HAHA

Common

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08nxInpgTGc&feature=PlayList&p=7134B4C75754F620&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10"]YouTube- Viper ACR vs Corvette ZR1 at The Nurburgring[/ame]

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
ZR1 > Viper ACR. The Corvette has been the American Dream since the 1950's. You cant't beat any C6 Vette when it comes to bang for buck. The Viper has been a sweet car since Carroll Shelby helped design in back in the 90's but also have been way over-priced from the beginning. Dodge just hasn't been anything since the muscle car era and are making low quality vehicles lately & the current merge with Fiat is just halarious

STOP giving Shelby credit for the Viper. He had as much to do with the Viper as he does with the current GT500.

Over priced????? The damn ZR1 is >$100K and 99.9% of the polulation have absolutely no idea it's a special edition. People that buy these types of cars don't give two shits about bang for the buck. If they did, they'd buy a 1990 fox body for $3k and build it up.

Don't get me wrong, the ZR1 is a beast of a car, but let's not forget it's one of 30,000 made a every year. There have only been 25k Viper's made since '92.

Also, don't be hypocrite. GM is owned by Obama.

oceansidesam

Drive like you stole it!!
Established Member
screw the awe factor..... I drive my cars for my own pleasure. So, ZR1 for me. Better performance, and you get to spank $250,000 exotic european cars with good'ol american muscle!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
wow 4 seconds over a dsitance of 14miles? Who cares? the average driver cant tell the difference. Not sure why anyone would sacrifice daily driver comfort for 4 seconds in 14 miles.
Just my 2 cents

I don't buy sportcars based on DD comfort. That's what my escalade is for.

SVTGTI3

Established Member
If only the Viper sounded better... I'd take the ZR1. Even though a TT Viper would do work i can't get past the exhaust note and I have always been a fan of Vettes

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
i think the acr's look ricer ugly.

Give me a red 09 coupe and ill take the rest of the money please :)

mustangbee

Established Member
everybody talks about the 3-4 second difference between the ACR at the ring, but it really doesnt matter-at all. the reason why is that b/c only a select handful of ppl can drive that car that well, even experienced road course drivers would probably put up better times with the ZR-1, considering its much easier to drive

the ACR will perform better when pushed to its limits, sadly only a VERY VERY small % of ppl can do it

the Zr-1 is faster in the straight line, it cost more, and it sounds better imo, but i'll take the viper today, tomorrow i may take the vette though...tuff choice for me

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Not that I could afford either one but my vote goes for the ZR1. It's a great looking car, sounds incredible, and is an incredible performer. Not to mention with the blown motor the aftermarket potential is showing some real promise. My neighbor has a JSB ZR1 and it really is a piece of art, just a beautiful car! But I've driven neither and probably never will so other than other people's experiences and opinions I can't really give an educated input.

The viper is faster and will get more attention, sounds like a win-win to me.

The ZR1 is faster.

Users who are viewing this thread