10:1 Compression and boost

Sluggie24

Established Member
If you go with a Centri putting out less than 14psi with an A/A intercooler you should be fine. The tune will be key though so use a good tuner.

Rolltide1006

Established Member
If you go with a Centri putting out less than 14psi with an A/A intercooler you should be fine. The tune will be key though so use a good tuner.

Ya I take my car to Injected Engineering in Kennesaw, Ga. Knowledgeable folks over there for sure. We talked about starting at 12psi and seeing how much room we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zemedici

Established Member
leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

@tones_RS3 lmaoooooo

Stanger00

Established Member
For reference AED built up my 2 valve with TFS heads and I had my V2 S-Trim upgraded to Si-Trim and spin the blower to max impeller speed and see 16psi at 7k rpms making 615hp at the tire. My compression is at 9.5:1. This was my dyno queen numbers on 91 octane. Can't make anymore power since my fuel system is maxed.

Just food for thought.

If I were to upgrade fuel system and vic jr intake with E-85 knocking on 700hp is not out of the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolltide1006

Established Member
For reference AED built up my 2 valve with TFS heads and I had my V2 S-Trim upgraded to Si-Trim and spin the blower to max impeller speed and see 16psi at 7k rpms making 615hp at the tire. My compression is at 9.5:1. This was my dyno queen numbers on 91 octane. Can't make anymore power since my fuel system is maxed.

Just food for thought.

If I were to upgrade fuel system and vic jr intake with E-85 knocking on 700hp is not out of the question.

Looking into either a Procharger D1SC or Vortech T-trim :) and running pump 93

Stanger00

Established Member
Looking into either a Procharger D1SC or Vortech T-trim :) and running pump 93

If I recall the Si or V3 S-Trim puts up numbers similar to a V1- T-Trim and the new age Ti-Trim is just better all around.

I guess the point was that you can run boost with 10:1 compression and pump gas. I'm at the edge and last year after 5 years I melted 4 plugs and had massive blow-by and cylinder 6 has 80psi compression while all the others were at 165.

Old gas bit me.

Rolltide1006

Established Member
If I recall the Si or V3 S-Trim puts up numbers similar to a V1- T-Trim and the new age Ti-Trim is just better all around.

I guess the point was that you can run boost with 10:1 compression and pump gas. I'm at the edge and last year after 5 years I melted 4 plugs and had massive blow-by and cylinder 6 has 80psi compression while all the others were at 165.

Old gas bit me.

Damn that old gas did bite you! Was the motor rebuilt before you put the supercharger on? The idea behind the beefier centris for me is to have a setup running in a comfortable range. Not maxing out a Si or S trim or P1sc setup. Peace of mind

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Hello all, happy Friday. So today I had a sit down at my local performance shop to go over supercharger applications for my 97 GT. The motor has been rebuilt. I kept the stock block and stock crank. I added Mahle forged pistons, Scat forged rods, PI heads with Manley valves, PAC stage 2 valve springs and Cms 2.5 blower cams. The shop that built my shortblock didn’t mention compression to me. I just told them I want to put a blower on the car to make 500 at the wheels. Well I did the digging today and found out my compression is 10:1 :( I can’t get a Kenne Bell because of this, but what would be safe to reach my goal? I figure I will only run 12-15 pounds of boost. T-trim for the save? Any help or advice is appreciated!

Being a Bama fan during SEC college football season has doomed your car to experience low horsepower. You must reject the Tide and get behind UGA.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stanger00

Established Member
Damn that old gas did bite you! Was the motor rebuilt before you put the supercharger on? The idea behind the beefier centris for me is to have a setup running in a comfortable range. Not maxing out a Si or S trim or P1sc setup. Peace of mind

I've had my car a long time. Have the same vortech I put on it in 2005. The motor was new. Aluminator 4.6SC out of the FRPP catalog with TFS 44cc heads and cams. Now it's going to need new pistons and bearings at a minimum. Have yet to see the damage.

Rolltide1006

Established Member
I've had my car a long time. Have the same vortech I put on it in 2005. The motor was new. Aluminator 4.6SC out of the FRPP catalog with TFS 44cc heads and cams. Now it's going to need new pistons and bearings at a minimum. Have yet to see the damage.

Damn and damage was all due to bad gas? Yikes. I use nothing but 93. My motor has to last lol. I will learn more on the fuel route when Eric at Injected gets back with me.

Stanger00

Established Member
Damn and damage was all due to bad gas? Yikes. I use nothing but 93. My motor has to last lol. I will learn more on the fuel route when Eric at Injected gets back with me.

I was running it pretty good with a 2nd gear pull felt major detonation and it fell on its face. My moroso breather tank filled up with oil also. Pulled plugs and 4 straps were melted and one had aluminum on it. It's parked in my garage in touched since that day!

Rolltide1006

Established Member
I was running it pretty good with a 2nd gear pull felt major detonation and it fell on its face. My moroso breather tank filled up with oil also. Pulled plugs and 4 straps were melted and one had aluminum on it. It's parked in my garage in touched since that day!

Holy smokes thats nuts. Definitely don’t want that happening to me. You were running 91 pump gas when it happened?

Stanger00

Established Member
Holy smokes thats nuts. Definitely don’t want that happening to me. You were running 91 pump gas when it happened?

This could of been avoided if I checked plugs after each drive I made with the car. I didn't drive it often but was lazy on quick simple maintenance.

Stanger00

Established Member
Were you running 91 pump gas?

Yes, 91 octane 10% ethanol.

When it's all done check those plugs after you're done with some spirited cruising. That's if you let your car sit for weeks at a time between driving.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
seriously people, look into the J&S vampire/safeguard. $600ish beats a new motor. Itll detect detonation long before you ever hear it and pull timing before that cylinder can fire again.

As we see here, even the best tuner in the world can't protect you from bad gas or a mechanical issue (bad fuel, fuel pump output drops, clogged injector, post maf air leak leans it out etc...)

Users who are viewing this thread