10 Best Engines

mosconiac

Established Member
Not doubting your math skills at all, but....38?!?! Was that with a tail wind & downhill all the way?

Edit: If you look at my sig, you will see three of the best motors ever developed listed right there.

Last edited:

Dave07997S

Established Member
4 years in a row for the BMW M3 and the S54 powerplant.
M3 frt a.JPG
:)

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
Originally posted by Rev
The exodus project handles 1400 horses, and its a 4 cylinder.

So, make sure you dont underestimate your unknown competition.

I and everyone else are discussing production engines. You're talking about an exotic one of a kind custom build. Apples to oranges buddy. And who the hell assigned you board nazi to make a presumptuous assinine statement like 'this board is eclusively for Ford owners discussing only Fords'. It's simple and narrow mindsets like that don't belong on this or any other automotive message boards.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeSkinner
2JZ-GTE stock internals tested and proven reliably to 1000 hp, a couple of folks have even pushed them to 1200hp, once again with stock bottom end. This engine is the hands down winner in both performance capability and reliability. The only engine remotely close is a RB26DETT and after that everything else is comparatively a minor league competitor which is not worthy of mention in the same breath.

Are you talking about RWHP or BHP?? B/C last time I checked, the record was 930 RWHP on the 2JZ-GTE, which is not 1200 BHP?? Everything else is minor league? So the 03 motor that is running 9's without the v/c's off is minor league? Nitrous Pete dynoed over 800 RWHP and 1200 ft/lbs many times. Strictly Perf. and X2c's 03's are over 900 RWHP and 1000 ft/lbs..and with many dyno runs and track passes, seems to be reliabile as well?:shrug:
Maybe not quite 2JZ territory as far as reliability, but def not minor league

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Slider
Sorry to say this, but to me, the best engine has to be the C5 or Zo6 350. Come on, 405 hp, and still 30 highway!! My dad and I took the vette to the 50th anniversary show and on the way back we got 38 mpg!!!! He has an air system and chip on it.
But don't get me wrong, I would rather have a Ford than a Chevy.

38 mpg?? Geez. Thats about what Neons average.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Do some homework and research the 2JZ-GTE and RB26DETT engines. Both were developed over 10 years ago and they possess better performance capabilities and infinitely better reliability than anything on the market today. Never be so shortsighted as to not examine or worst yet, underestimate the competition.

Originally posted by Jman20427
Are you talking about RWHP or BHP?? B/C last time I checked, the record was 930 RWHP on the 2JZ-GTE, which is not 1200 BHP?? Everything else is minor league? So the 03 motor that is running 9's without the v/c's off is minor league? Nitrous Pete dynoed over 800 RWHP and 1200 ft/lbs many times. Strictly Perf. and X2c's 03's are over 900 RWHP and 1000 ft/lbs..and with many dyno runs and track passes, seems to be reliabile as well?:shrug:

I would like to add, Snakeskinner... This is all from an engine thats been in the loop for alittle over a year now. Were getting results from this engine (from bolt ons) comperable to some of the most powerful Supras modified and developed by owners that have had a good 10 years to get that power out of there car while running stock block/internals.

You tell us were the ones underestimating things... On the contrary, I beleive your the one who has quite a bit to learn.

I wouldnt really get too excited about a 900hp Supra either, with it being an infamous dyno queen, that might be the equivlent of any other 700hp car when it comes to getting results on the track.

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
2JZ-GTE stock internals tested and proven reliably to 1000 hp, a couple of folks have even pushed them to 1200hp, once again with stock bottom end. This engine is the hands down winner in both performance capability and reliability. The only engine remotely close is a RB26DETT and after that everything else is comparatively a minor league competitor which is not worthy of mention in the same breath.

My eludium q34 explosive space modulator > those engines.

seriously, you came out of left field with that post.

Aaron_01

Banned

:rollseyes Thanks for that bit of breaking news, dickhead! :rollseyes

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by Jman20427

And if he didnt have a supra big stick up his ass he could see that :rolleyes:

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
I and everyone else are discussing production engines. You're talking about an exotic one of a kind custom build. Apples to oranges buddy. And who the hell assigned you board nazi to make a presumptuous assinine statement like 'this board is eclusively for Ford owners discussing only Fords'. It's simple and narrow mindsets like that don't belong on this or any other automotive message boards.

No its NON Ford owning punks like you that have no business being here, I dont come to SVTP to have a Toyota Salesman acting like a snug little punk.

Nazi? I am American, not a Jap, so step off smart ass and go back to SupraForums.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Originally posted by Rev
No its NON Ford owning punks like you that have no business being here, I dont come to SVTP to have a Toyota Salesman acting like a snug little punk.

Nazi? I am American, not a Jap, so step off smart ass and go back to SupraForums.

:beer: Wazzzup Rev ! ! ! ! !

Anyways the r2d2c3po super turbo engine. ? Only prob is it's a couple cylinders short. Sorry but what about the 454 ls6 or 429 boss, 426 hemi. ? Torquey elephant motors ? BTW where is my budweiser and mullet grease ! Just playing. ! Gimme a v8 over some turbo charged non torquey riding lawn mower engine !

BTW This is all in fun !

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Hey Ripper, I know man, but God!! It just seems like every thread is opening up to this type of stuff, we start a subject, BOOM here come the non Ford owners.

This is getting a little old in my opinion. You can set them on ignore, and then they are quoted, and its little to no use.

They should have a quiz to register on here, yeeeeeah, heh heh heh :rockon:

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
There are alot of Evo, Supra and STI ! Hey looks whose the king of the hill right now ! There all trying to justify knockin the cobra as the top dog ! WERD ! :) :beer: :rockon:

Edit doh ! Met supra !

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Originally posted by mx_9
Wouldn't it get boring if everyone shared the same opinions, though? For the most part, this was an informative discussion.

No, it wouldnt get boring. Its why many of us come here.

When we want a real world opinion, we can pull up next to you and "Rev"

Users who are viewing this thread