$100 Matchbox mustang?

SHOdown220

Established Member
Sounds high to me but I don't know anything about the matchbox collector world. I know I want to go try and find all my old hot wheels and matchbox cars now lol cool find though

motoman991

Banned
That's a Hotwheel. Hotwheels are almost always worth more than Matchbox cars. I know the old Hotwheels with the Red line wheels can be worth a substantial amount of money. That one seems high just because it looks like crap.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It's an overpriced POS. Scrapes, repainted, bent wheels, non-original sticker… Condition is everything. Value = $0.10
There are good books out there on values, rarity, etc that you could check out...

Ebay "sold" listings are also pretty representative of the actual market value… I still have some of my Hot Wheels/Matchbox from the '60's that my Mom didn't give away.
I've looked up the values, and again, condition is everything. All were my "Daily Drivers"…lol. I didn't have any garage queens, so they aren't worth much. Just sentimental value.

Good luck with your search.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
LOL def not "searching" was just doing my semi weekly "mustang" search and that popped up. Guess I shoulda saved mine but I was too busy blowing them up with M80's as the "bad guys" were loosing to my GI Joes lol.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
LOL def not "searching" was just doing my semi weekly "mustang" search and that popped up. Guess I shoulda saved mine but I was too busy blowing them up with M80's as the "bad guys" were loosing to my GI Joes lol.

Ha! Some of my Matchbox encountered a similar fate. They were highly "modified" with a 16 oz. hammer and hand painted to simulate being in a demolition derby… Probably a better simulation of a nuclear disaster.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
LOL few of mine met the "hammer of god" fate also. Lawn mower ate a few too lol. Forgot how loud of a bang it makes when the mower picks up a car out of the grass til a few yrs back I got ahold of a few of my sons while doing yard work.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used to be a member of the Hotwheels Red Line Club and collected Red Line models. They're limited in number and some fetch good money. This is one of those. One recently sold on eBay for $139.49. Another sold for $100. $100.00 is not unusually high for this one.

TK Doom

Established Member
That's a Hotwheel. Hotwheels are almost always worth more than Matchbox cars. I know the old Hotwheels with the Red line wheels can be worth a substantial amount of money. That one seems high just because it looks like crap.

Yes this.

If that was clean, I'd buy it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's an overpriced POS. Scrapes, repainted, bent wheels, non-original sticker… Condition is everything. Value = $0.10
There are good books out there on values, rarity, etc that you could check out...

Ebay "sold" listings are also pretty representative of the actual market value… I still have some of my Hot Wheels/Matchbox from the '60's that my Mom didn't give away.
I've looked up the values, and again, condition is everything. All were my "Daily Drivers"…lol. I didn't have any garage queens, so they aren't worth much. Just sentimental value.

Good luck with your search.

That's what I was thinking, it looks pretty hammered.

oldmodman

Established Member
An old guy passed away a couple of blocks over and he was a tiny car collector.

He had at least twenty thousand of them. At least 90% were in the original boxes and even the boxes were still perfect.

His widow held an auction (with a real auction company) including phone bidders and quite a few of the cars brought in well over one thousand dollars.

The total auction netted (her cut) $518,000.00 She could probably have made more if she had sold them one by one but she isn't going to live forever.

What was kind of gross were the "old friends" of his that showed up just after he died and offered to haul "all that old junk away" for free.:eek:

Zemedici

Established Member
An old guy passed away a couple of blocks over and he was a tiny car collector.

He had at least twenty thousand of them. At least 90% were in the original boxes and even the boxes were still perfect.

His widow held an auction (with a real auction company) including phone bidders and quite a few of the cars brought in well over one thousand dollars.

The total auction netted (her cut) $518,000.00 She could probably have made more if she had sold them one by one but she isn't going to live forever.

What was kind of gross were the "old friends" of his that showed up just after he died and offered to haul "all that old junk away" for free.:eek:

wut.

Users who are viewing this thread