$125,000

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
The only Mustang I would drop 125K on is a MUSTANG FR500C RACE CAR

ford-mustang-man-racer.jpg

Dave07997S

Established Member
Winter is soon here. I will be looking at some snowed in dealers that have these, not to mention almost half the years allotment will be built by then. Not to mention there are some Job.2 addtions such as DVD based Nav and such. Dave

Dave07997S

Established Member
WILDTHANG said:
The only Mustang I would drop 125K on is a MUSTANG FR500C RACE CAR

ford-mustang-man-racer.jpg

True, without the restrictor though...Mustang didn't do so well this year in GrandAm. 1. Porsche-321 (4 wins) 2. BMW-313 (3wins) 3. Ford-278 (1 win).

They really cut the hp down in the car with restrictor as that 5.0L cammer motor outpowered everything.

BMW won as far as which teams as Turner Motorsports was 1st and 3rd. Its ashame as BMW may not campaign the E46M3 as the E92 M3 will be here in a year, but BMW isn't offering any factory support. Turner's and such will probably still run a E46 though.

Dave

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
drmustang said:
5 of them, fancy that. Aren't these the same guys who told us not to "bother" them with a full sticker price offer.

Let them choke on their $89K prices. I hope they get stuck with everyone of them until they have to discount them to get rid of them. F'N pigs.

Dave07997S

Established Member
firemanmike said:
Let them choke on their $89K prices. I hope they get stuck with everyone of them until they have to discount them to get rid of them. F'N pigs.

There are some dealers buying from other dealers above MSRP. What happens when the bottom drops out. You reap what you sow..

Dave

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Dave01M3 said:
Galpin has 5 coupes in stock right now...all for $89,995.00.

Dave

What a %@^@# joke.

All the crap I've been seeing relating to these cars makes me want to just stick with the Termy more and more :nonono:

Shitty considering I was stoked for this car, now I'm a bit sour. I wonder how many other people feel the same.

SteveEvo8

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
What a %@^@# joke.

All the crap I've been seeing relating to these cars makes me want to just stick with the Termy more and more :nonono:

Shitty considering I was stoked for this car, now I'm a bit sour. I wonder how many other people feel the same.

I hear you man, I think its kind of funny. The dealers are turning off a lot of people who like and want to own the GT500. Plus those who pay over sticker now, their car will be worth well under sticker the same time next year.

And i also agree that the 03/04 cobras are a much better buy.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:
And i also agree that the 03/04 cobras are a much better buy.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve

as compared to what? i remember when the local norcal dealer was selling thier 03 mustang svt coupes for 42k+. the gt500 on the new chasis is a much better mustang than the old 03/04's. so yes i would expect to pay 7k more for them.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Comparing an 2003 Cobra to a 2007 GT500 is quite a difference in vehicles. Speaking only from an age perspective, of course a 4 year old car will be a considerably better value than buying any brand new car. Especially when the new vehicle is in high demand and is commanding prices over MSRP. :read:

Even if you could buy a GT500 for say $46k, you should be able to pick up an '03 for half of that? Yes, I would also consider that a good value! :idea:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

SteveEvo8

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
as compared to what? i remember when the local norcal dealer was selling thier 03 mustang svt coupes for 42k+. the gt500 on the new chasis is a much better mustang than the old 03/04's. so yes i would expect to pay 7k more for them.

Thats not what I'm saying. I am saying if you're looking for a fast mustang not willing to pay dealer mark ups and you plan on modding, the 03/04 is a better buy. Right now they are going for pretty cheap in comparison to the GT500. And you can make them quite fast.

The gt500 is definitely a BETTER car for sure, but not a 60k+ car (like some are buying them for).

ROWNER8

Established Member
dealers are as greedy as they were with the thunderbird when it came out. I feel real bad they all ended up eating roasted tbird for dinner that they couldn't sell at the end of production due to their greed. If they would have offered A-Plan and a decent price they'd probably still be building them and selling them. Of course a bigger V-8 wouldn't hurt either!

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, I went to the boston auto show yesterday and it was laughable hearing the Ford spokesman talking about how you can not buy these things for under 15-20k over and that they will only build a few thousand and may not even build them next year...bla bla bla
But hear is the scary part, people actually believed them...granted the masses don't know as much about these kind of cars as us but I just think it will be really sad if those that want to buy this car, can not.
I know if I cant get this car for msrp or less, I will never buy a Ford again, just out of spite.
I have never had such a desire to own a car before and it really burns me with all the lies and dealer BS!!!!!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
I have never had such a desire to own a car before and it really burns me with all the lies and dealer BS!!!!!!!

Chuck:

Dealers have been feeding people :bs: about buying new cars since before the time your Grandfather bought his first car! :idea:

MADGREEK

Established Member
I got galpin down to 69k. but went to another dealership to buy the gt500 for way less then galpin. been a customer of galpin for over 10years. Will never go back to them.

Users who are viewing this thread