13/14 Shelby GT500 Street Credit....

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
We finally received some good weather this weekend and I decided to take the car out for a spin ( 2 hours of driving ). Came across several other car owners doing the same thing.

03/04 Bolt on Cobra - Very Loud Exhaust - Shelby smoked the car.
2014 C7 - Stock - Shelby dominated -Driver told me I was number one with the middle finger - Would not stop to talk after.
2012 BMW M3 Heavily Modded - Very Loud Exhaust - No Contest for the Shelby
2010 C6 Grandsport Modded - Car sounded mean Cammed - Shelby by 5 cars - Nice guy.
2013/14 - Jaguar FXKKSSXX?? - Car looked fast and driver was a A** - Shelby walked away with ease.

Just wanted to pass on the results. I get alot of crap from my fellow workers about the stats / youtube vids of the Shelby getting trashed........well I am coming from a 2011 Shelby and before that a Heads/Cammed C6 ZO6. This 13/14 Shelby impresses me everytime!!

My only mods are Airaid filter, FRPP inlet tube, and 65 mm FRPP Throttle Body with factory tune.

jason6488

Established Member
I dont care what winds up on YouTube, there just arent a lot of cars that can match the Shelby for straightline performance.

Kewlv8

Established Member
GK, especially 'breaking it off' inside the C7 douche. Hope his Proctologist is open for business on Monday....

Johnny GT500

Established Member
Amazing. I never run into any worthy competitors on the street. Every once in a while a kid in a loud gti or civic wants to see my license plate. A couple of vettes here and there, but they never want none. Regardless of there personalized plates... ITLL FLY and SOSCARY. LOL. I understand your fear.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
There are plenty of youtube vids of shelby's doing work, however a lot of time they run into stiff competition. Screw the C7 guy, what a dbag.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
I've noticed a lot of revving engines and challenges from cars that just wanna see what the Shelby had in person. I think in most cases they never had intentions of racing.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
That's what I love about Miami...a lot of yuppies in F430, 911, California's...these are the best because they are with their top down and all the hype...LOL!

Glad you had fun,

Manuel

USV8PWR

Established Member
That's awesome and thanks for sharing! :rockon:

I can't go anywhere around North AL and someone not wanting to race (must be a Southern thing). Now typically the person wanting to race me is just some guy in a minivan, but I don't care. I'll give it some gas. :banana:

14GT500Robert

Established Member
That's cool, thanks for sharing.
Out here in so cal you can get all the races you want, every on ramp,lane merge,whatever there is no shortage of BMW drivers that will rug it to get ahead.soccer moms taking jr to school in the moring running late. they will drag race you every light, to make that right in front of you.wide open on the freeway, switching lanes. And we're talking ,m series,amg,some Benz wagons,Audi's,supercharged LR, good stuff that runs.
It's awesome !!

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
You're so lucky!

The only run I've been a part of lately was getting around the State Plow truck in my 6.2L-F250.... LOL

IMG_00000188_zps6c905c11.jpg

dom418

Established Member
Cool story bro. You sound like a peach there yourself...kind of odd you would run into that many d bags in 1 day, what are the odds.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice kills op, the best race I ever had in my 13 GT500 is leaving cars & coffee and I followed a 599 GTB Ferrari onto the freeway, we lined up doing about 80 and we almost went to 170, by the end I had 3 cars on. I was so happy, he didn't look to pleased, but I gave him a thumbs up anyway :lol1:

lockman

Established Member
nice kills I haven't had anyone try mine yet. a guy I work with said he killed a new gt 500 in his srt4 that was modded with almost 500 hp. but he never wanted to prove it to me with mine. then he sold the POS guess he really didn't want his feelings hurt.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
5" more inches of snow for Tuesday a coming. I'm done shoveling and snow-blowing
Reading these threads saddens me.

Users who are viewing this thread