1320 with the 2013 GT500

boostingwild

Established Member
Went to the "local" strip on the 2nd of December

Bone Stock GT500 with an ET Street on stock rims

Couldn't get past a 2.0 60" and i tried many different ways. Have to wait for better weather to go to the strip again in March. Until than here are the slips with the two best times of the day :(

2013timeslipstock_zps15684dfb.jpg

A.M.R

Established Member
I feel your pain man, these cars are pretty damn hard to launch properly...When I took mine to the strip, it either bogs or just burns tires like crazy, even with M/Ts :(... Did you turn off all nannies or are you using launch control?

BLK93GT

Established Member
Everything shut off? Shoud have it all turned off for drag radials. I cut a 1.80 on 19" M/T on my 2011. Still not that great. Trap speed is there though.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
126 traps aren't gonna touch a heads/cam Z06?

I beat a head cam exhaust z06 from a roll in my stock 13. 3x. My 1st 13 trapped 122 with a 12.1 1/4. Guy is a friend, and a good, not great, driver .

Weather, track prep, driver, etc. all are factors

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice runs OP, 126 is a great trap speed. Do you know what the DA was that night, and where you on 91 octane or 93?.

I wouldn't be surprised if you where door to door with H/C C6Z, I pulled my friends 03 cobra with a 2.9 whipple on E85 by about a car and my mods are 65MM T/B, resonator delete and muffler delete. I'm going to race my friends H/C C6Z on e85 soon so well see how that goes.

Last edited:

svt662

Established Member
Nice MPH! If you had a better 60 ft time you would see a low 11 second pass! Congrats :beer:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What ET Streets? 305/35/20s?
How much air pressure and launch RPM?

Nice runs OP, 126 is a great trap speed. Do you know what the DA was that night, and where you on 91 octane or 93?.

I wouldn't be surprised if you where door to door with H/C C6Z, I pulled my friends 03 cobra with a 2.9 whipple on E85 by about a car and my mods are 65MM T/B, resonator delete and muffler delete. I'm going to race my friends H/C C6Z on e85 soon so well see how that goes.

You can use the drag DA calculator I've posted in the drag times thread, pretty nice and has all the major tracks listed.
I bet Atco is nice this time of year :burnout:
Nice runs OP:rockon:
-J

USV8PWR

Established Member
I know this is getting off topic, but how does a stock GT500 keep up from a roll with a H/C C6 Z06?? A 13/14 Shelby Coupe is no lighter than 3,850 and makes about 600hp to the rear wheels stock for a 6.41lbs/HP ratio. While a H/C C6 Z06 at 3,250lbs and approx. 550RWHP would be 5.91lbs/HP, or a .5lb less and a whole lot more aerodynamic. No way I can see our cars keeping up. And what difference does a driver mod make at a street roll race? Unless the fool misses a shift. As all you have to do is shift close to redline a couple times and hold on to the wheel.

Edit: I'm really interested as a guy in town has been wanting to race me and he has a H/C C6 Z06 and I figured it was pointless until I upgraded with at least a 13-6 kit and a lower. But heck, if it will be close I will do it! Ha

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I know this is getting off topic, but how does a stock GT500 keep up from a roll with a H/C C6 Z06?? A 13/14 Shelby Coupe is no lighter than 3,850 and makes about 600hp to the rear wheels stock for a 6.41lbs/HP ratio. While a H/C C6 Z06 at 3,250lbs and approx. 550RWHP would be 5.91lbs/HP, or a .5lb less and a whole lot more aerodynamic. No way I can see our cars keeping up. And what difference does a driver mod make at a street roll race? Unless the fool misses a shift. As all you have to do is shift close to redline a couple times and hold on to the wheel.

Edit: I'm really interested as a guy in town has been wanting to race me and he has a H/C C6 Z06 and I figured it was pointless until I upgraded with at least a 13-6 kit and a lower. But heck, if it will be close I will do it! Ha

There's a thing called gearing.

USV8PWR

Established Member
There's a thing called gearing.

3:42 is barely different than 3:31. And those cars are made to fly with their 3:42 setup as ours are nade too with the 3:31. Unless he had a shorter final ratio it wont make any difference. But this is also why I would not change the 3:31 on our cars as that is a great gear for these cars at highway rolls.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
3:42 is barely different than 3:31. And those cars are made to fly with their 3:42 setup as ours are nade too with the 3:31. Unless he had a shorter final ratio it wont make any difference. But this is also why I would not change the 3:31 on our cars as that is a great gear for these cars at highway rolls.

The transmission ratios are much different too.

boostingwild

Established Member
I don't need to lie about outcome of races. I honestly don't care if I loose one or two or ten. I only do friendly runs and never for money because than it turns to politics. Most people I race are probably members on here.

I was running 93 octane

15psi rear tires on 305-35-20

Launched at 4300 and still bogged

BLK93GT

Established Member
I don't need to lie about outcome of races. I honestly don't care if I loose one or two or ten. I only do friendly runs and never for money because than it turns to politics. Most people I race are probably members on here.

I was running 93 octane

15psi rear tires on 305-35-20

Launched at 4300 and still bogged

Sounds like advance track was still on.

Users who are viewing this thread