13ft, 900lb Gator caught in S.C.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Jesus i am so very glad that we dont have those things here.

all we have to worry about it Grizzlies and mountain lions.

Edit: And Fat rancher girls.

Screw that too. With my tendencies (generally hate water I can't see through and have no intention on being in a swamp), I'd be much more likely to run into a grizzly or cougar. Plus, with a cougar, you could have absolutely no warning before being attacked. The ranch I worked on runs right along the Canadian river up in the panhandle and is so brushy you can't see what's right in front of you in parts, combine that with the fact I talked to a heli pilot who says he watches cougars roam the banks pretty often when he flies equaled me being extremely nervous the whole time I was out there.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Haha you dont think these gators hang out in crystal clear water do you?

Haha which is why I said given my tendencies. If I can't see through the water and I'm not at a lake that I know well, I'm not going in it.

RedDemon91

Established Member
swamp people FTW
Can't get enough of that show :rockon:
That’s called a lizard around these parts lol
+65000 :D
What and amazing creature. Im all for sport fishing but I wouldnt have the heart to kill it. For all we know it could have been 100 years old. It didnt deserve to die.

And on the other hand, it would kill you just soon as you stare at it the wrong way. That damn thing would flip your boat or charge at you in a heartbeat, do you have any idea how fast gators are when they get that short burst of energy?

On a side note, would love a pair of gator boots.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is one monster gator! Like something you'd expect to see in a sci-fi movie.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I would be impressed if she killed it with her hands but really a gun??? That takes all the sport out of it. If you are really tough do what steve irwin did wrestle the thing then let it go. You prove you are damn tough (better than shooting it IMHO) and you don't kill it. If you use a spear thats alright also, give the gator a fighting chance. Go charge it with a spear, knife, sword or axe then the thing has a fair chance to LIVE. I Hope she gets eaten by the next gator she sees

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
+1. I can't even believe there's a gator hunting season.

trust me when I say there is no short supply of them.. that is why there is a season to help keep population from getting even more out of control than it already is.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
I would be impressed if she killed it with her hands but really a gun??? That takes all the sport out of it. If you are really tough do what steve irwin did wrestle the thing then let it go. You prove you are damn tough (better than shooting it IMHO) and you don't kill it. If you use a spear thats alright also, give the gator a fighting chance. Go charge it with a spear, knife, sword or axe then the thing has a fair chance to LIVE. I Hope she gets eaten by the next gator she sees

You don't just pull up beside a gator , especially one this old, and shoot it in the head. And I do not believe steve would have jumped on the back of a 13 ft lizard........

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member

ha ha, I'd love to see that ol' bitch try to jump on a 300lb Gator. That would be like a Spider monkey trying to choke out a Rhino. Agreed it would be cool to watch her being eaten alive.

Users who are viewing this thread