18's, 19's or 20's? (I know another wheels thread)

GT915

Established Member
You don't see many square wide 18 inch setups on the market but Cruizin Concepts has 18x10 Steeda Ultralites with 285/40s square for a relatively cheap price. Just sayin

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I was/am in the same boat as you. I will not road course the car so I don't need the 18s for that. I needed a dr and there were none that fit the brembo rims. So I went ahead and ordered some 20s. Now I have my street tires that will hook and will look killer while doing so. I have big's and little's when Im trying to make et passes so the 20s served my purpose perfectly. In your case if you are not trying to have a set of rims just for your racing purposes then 18s are your best bet to be a great all around size with many tire options.

Reread the OP post. He will be road racing the car.

Why do people not read? Stop giving input on DR setups and stagger setups.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I wanted tire options so I went 18s. Not square, but then again this car isn't set up for road racing.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
Amazes me that people think those are too small. 18s are actually pretty big IMO. Looks good btw

I am assuming no one here has driven anything other than a Mustang, look at a Mini Cooper, those are probably 13's, that's small.

StangingAround

Established Member
The difference in handling from 20's to 18's is astounding. While I do think 20's look good on certain setups I much prefer the race car look of 18's.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Funny you mention that. This past weekend at an AutoX event I attended, there was a '68 Mini Cooper running on 13" wheels, using ATV road race tires. $15/each! Talk about cheap! And I didn't even know ATVs road raced.

MOB 5.0

Established Member
OP i say go with 18x10 squared setup. Ive had 18s 19s and 20s on my car and the 18s are the best imo, just feels like a totally different car

5.0_SD

Established Member
The 8K isn't just for wheels and tires...I would like one set of wheels/tires and the rest goes to BMR, cortex, etc lol. So it sounds like 18's would be the winner since I only want one set. Now the question, 18x10 or 18x10.5...remember the range I want is between 295 and 315....please elaborate some more with this in mind...thank you all.

GT915

Established Member
I'd like to see pics of those with 18X10 square setups. I've been through the entire wheel and tire thread and, as I recall, there aren't many.

Users who are viewing this thread