Established Member
1986 Ferrari Testarossa Flying Mirror
15,576 miles
Rosso Corsa over Tan leather
4.9 liter opposed 12 cylinder
380HP/354TQ
Gated manual transmission
180MPH top speed

Client brough in their desirable early-production “Monospecchio” with rare Schedoni fitted luggage set. It’s finished in the classic combination of Rosso Corsa over tan leather. It also has the center lock wheels. Car was covered in swirls, scratches some heavier scratches, and just dull lifeless paint. Single stage it is!!
This was more of a preservation than a full on correction as this is original paint. Client plans on entering it in next year’s Cavallino Classic.

The ‘details’:
Adam’s shampoo, eco wheel cleaner and tire/rubber cleaner.
Medium clay mitt.
Master Blaster and drying towels to dry.
Scangrip lighting.
Defelsko PTG’s.
HF forced rotational machinery.
LC pads.
Meguiars M110/210.
Optimum panel wipe.
Aquatek Singular ceramic coating.
Adam’s graphene tire dressing.
Metro vacuum.
Adam’s glass cleaner.
McKee’s37 70/30 leather lotion.

Thanks for looking!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn…

Do you carry some crazy insurance in case someone claims you messed up their paint or have a hell of a waiver or what?

Looks killer as always

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gorgeous and rare Ferrari. You did a great job on it. Man, with only 15,576 miles the driver's seat look pretty worn (seat leather appears loose fitting and the seat extension looks worn, too). The passenger seat looks loose, as well, so maybe that's just a Ferrari thing.

Scott, I'm curious why the customer didn't wait until next year to have you do the work since the show he's entering isn't until next year.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks all!

Bob, the leather needs to be stretched so it fits a little better. And the quality back then wasn't the best! LOL

He needs/wants to get it certified first so he wanted it done sooner than later.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks all!

Bob, the leather needs to be stretched so it fits a little better. And the quality back then wasn't the best! LOL

He needs/wants to get it certified first so he wanted it done sooner than later.
Thanks for the additional info. Now I understand why the owner did this now. Thanks also for explaining the leather "issue".

crazycarlo

Established Member
You have detailed a lot of
Really nice cars over the years but this is my favorite. Maybe it’s my youth or it’s icon status.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Nice pics… That is my favorite car of all time. I will get one if I find the right one. Though I’m out of room in the garage!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread