2,000 Mile Bob's Oil Separator Drain Results

Van@RevanRacing

Since I last drained my Bob's Passenger Side Oil Separator I have put about 2,000 miles on the car.

These are the reuslts from this afternoon.

image_zpsff8941b5.jpg

image_zpsa75854be.jpg

40ml of oil that didn't go through the intercooler. All of these miles have been easy daily driving.

Bob's Auto Sports "Ultimate" GT500 Oil Separator - Revan Racing, Inc.

If you're interested in an oil separator for your Shelby you can use Discount Code SVTP at check out at revanracing.com

Mxfrench

Established Member
Is it possible i have a problem i have 75oo miles and have both passenger and driver side seperator and no oil in either, does that mean i am not driving it hard enough lol.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Is it possible i have a problem i have 75oo miles and have both passenger and driver side seperator and no oil in either, does that mean i am not driving it hard enough lol.
Plus 1. Get little to no oil in my JLT passenger side filter. Know this has been discussed, but the Bob's makes that significant of a difference?

Van@RevanRacing

What brand?

Plus 1. Get little to no oil in my JLT passenger side filter. Know this has been discussed, but the Bob's makes that significant of a difference?

Terp

There are some other threads comparing performance.

MJN

Established Member
Holy crap that seems just like a lot to me out of just 2,000 miles. I also just get traces in my JLT. Its just hard to believe that there is that much difference in the two.

Van@RevanRacing

The Bob's Oil Separator flows the PCV air from the bottom of the canister, through the filtration medium and then exits the air after the filtration.

No other brand specific to the GT500 filters the crank case air like this from bottom to top.

96slowbra

Established Member
Van, this thread was a good idea.. I caved and bought one from your Site.. My car has 6000 miles on it and I have had a jlt on it the whole time. bet I haven't pulled out more than a drop or 2, for sure nothing measurable

Last edited:

Cuda426

Established Member
I purchased one of these from Van just prior to my trip to Shelbyfest. I drained it after the trip and this is oil that was caught by the Bob's separator.
IMG_4433_zps05618bd0.jpg

This is 600 miles of driving with very little use of boost, as it was raining most of the time. I would estimate it to be a little over a tablespoon of oil.

Not having this go through your blower, intercooler and into the combustion chamber is a must in my book.

IMG_4441_zpsf5773565.jpg

fullboogie

Established Member
With the JLT, I've found that a small wad of stainless steel scrubbing pad in the bottom of the can will catch a lot more oil than having no pad. It's been said before, but having the pad keeps the oil in the bottom of the can without it sucking back out through the intake hose. It's a cheap mod that works.

cluscher

Established Member
I just had a full track day yesterday....about 2 hours of track time. I checked my JLT and there was maybe a half teaspoon. I can't believe how much oil the Bob's can catches. Gonna try the steel wool on the next track day. Good idea.

mgmustang1

Established Member
I bought one for my gt500 already from you van. Is there one for the 03/04 Cobra's?

Van@RevanRacing

I bought one for my gt500 already from you van. Is there one for the 03/04 Cobra's?

one has not yet been developed for the 03/04 cobra. i would suggest that we could work together and get you a bare bones separator with a couple of different mounting options and some hose and clamps to come up with a solution and then develop a product specific for 03/04 cobra's. shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanks
Van

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

I have the jlt i mean mine are barely wet no oil period

Bob's Auto can is far more effective at removing vaporized oil in the PCV system. This has been documented on more than one car. It's all in the design, hose size, airflow path, airflow speed, filtering material used, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread