2,000 Mile Bob's Oil Separator Drain Results

lkempf

Established Member
I think it depends on what type and brand of oil being used makes a difference also. It does for me anyway.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Damnit, why did I open this thread?!? Now I need to buy one lol.

Van@RevanRacing

I think it depends on what type and brand of oil being used makes a difference also. It does for me anyway.

It does and the difference in the amount of oil extracted by an oil separator based on the NOACK.

Stole this from UnleashedBeast

It is VERY relevant.

Lubricants with a lower NOACK Volatility (evaporation) will accumulate less in the catch can compared to lubricants with a higher NOACK.

Motorcraft 5W-50 NOACK = 13+%

Amsoil AMO 10W-40 NOACK = 6.7%

Amsoil ATM 10W-30 NOACK = 5.3%

Amsoil RD30 10W-30 NOACK = 8.0%

Lower NOACK = less oil in the catch can.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Ok Van I'm hooked. I just checked my JLT passenger side after probably 5-10k miles and it wasn't even worth me getting a towel out to clean because didn't catch that much. The driver side looks like never even had oil in it. So is it worth me swapping that one out as well or just roll with the JLT?

Can you pm me the svtp discount code?

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Van, which oil are you running?

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
I have the JLT and wasn't catching hardly any oil. I removed and inspected the seperator and when I removed the filter screen I found that the plastic threaded barb was screwed too far into the can blocking most of the flow. I cut the threads down a bit and screwed the threaded barb back in insuring there was room for air flow. It now seems to be working better. Anyone with a JLT should check this....

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Question: Is it worth it to buy the $200 one, or is the $110 one still work just as good? Whats the main differences between the two?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Question: Is it worth it to buy the $200 one, or is the $110 one still work just as good? Whats the main differences between the two?

I'll say this...I got the more expensive one with nice hoses and an fittings....and Dayum it is nice and worth it!

Last edited:

Butter pants

Pfffffft !
Established Member
This thread convinced me to buy one also, all black for me. Thanks for the code!!!!!!

Got mine Friday and installed this weekend, install was simple and looks great.

IMG_3029_zps073e365f.jpg

IMG_3028_zps0242dca4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread