2.8 LC KB blower

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
The "U-shaped" feed hose assy. that was shown in my link came directly from SPP, like $59.95 or something like that. It is the feed hose that they offer for their billet fuel rails. <<<And that is the only hose/fitting assy. that they offer for their Shelby fuel rails, the rest was up to me to research and purchase elsewhere.

I can pull together the other part numbers for the pieces that specifically fit the Shelby branded fuel rails (which I believe some have said are Metco type rails), but I am not sure if these part numbers would apply to other brand billet fuel rails?

Are you using the Metco/Shelby billet rails?

R

Actually I am interested in using the braided line and FPS fitting on my LC upgraded 2.8 KB like you did on your 3.6LC. I dont want to use the cheap rubber hose that came with the kit. I already have the Metco fuel rails with the FPS fittings. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Oh I love it... Ran a 10.96 with a 1.8 60 foot first time at the track with this setup ....

Low 10's will come with some more seat time !

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Actually I am interested in using the braided line and FPS fitting on my LC upgraded 2.8 KB like you did on your 3.6LC. I dont want to use the cheap rubber hose that came with the kit. I already have the Metco fuel rails with the FPS fittings. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ok, the LC fittings and braded hose.

I will get this stuff out tonight and take pictures of what I have.

Did your 2.8LC come with slip-on hose fittings or screw-on fittings? If it came with slip-on fittings as I have seen on another 2.8LC, are you going to change it to screw-on and use AN fittings like my 3.6LC? If so, I will also add the part numbers of the fittings at the blower end. <<This is assuming the thread size is the same, 2.8 vs. 3.6.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I was holding off on adding any additional information until I hear more as it relates to the questions I asked above. The reason why I asked those questions (slip-on vs. screw-on) is because the one 2.8LC that I have seen pictures of (installed) on this forum had slip-on hoses at the blower end. The black braided hose that I have is designed for the AN screw type fittings and is not designed for the slip-on hose barbs in a slip-on application. <<This is what I am told by the person who ordered and sold me this hose.

R

Last edited:

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I was holding off on adding any additional information until I hear more as it relates to the questions I asked above. The reason why I asked those questions (slip-on vs. screw-on) is because the one 2.8LC that I have seen pictures of (installed) on this forum had slip-on hoses at the blower end. The black braided hose that I have is designed for the AN screw type fittings and is not designed for the slip-on hose barbs in a slip-on application. <<This is what I am told by the person who ordered and sold me this hose.

R

Here is what my 2.8LC looks like
th_utf-8BSU1HMDA1NzktMjAxMTAyMDEtMTc0MC5qcGc.jpg

Yes I am wanting to convert it to the screw type AN fittings that you used
Thx for your help

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is what my 2.8LC looks like
th_utf-8BSU1HMDA1NzktMjAxMTAyMDEtMTc0MC5qcGc.jpg

Yes I am wanting to convert it to the screw type AN fittings that you used
Thx for your help

At the blower end I used the Russell Endura fitting part number shown below. The fitting looked like the brass colored fittings in my Avatar, except they were a bright silver to match the blower better. You will need two. I bought these from Jegs.

Picture1932-2.jpg

The Fragola straight Black fitting part number is on the bag, you will need 4, 2 at each end.............

Picture1933-2.jpg

The hose comes in different bulk lengths, I have an arrow next to the size, #6.

Picture1934.jpg

Hope this helps.

R

Last edited:

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
At the blower end I used the Russell Endura fitting part number shown below. The fitting looked like the brass colored fittings in my Avatar, except they were a bright silver to match the blower better. You will need two. I bought these from Jegs.

Picture1932-2.jpg

The Fragola straight Black fitting part number is on the bag, you will need 4, 2 at each end.............

Picture1933-2.jpg

The hose comes in different bulk lengths, I have an arrow next to the size, #6.

Picture1934.jpg

I had my aluminum hose pieces powder coated and then I bought FPS AN fittings to replace the slip-on brass colored fittings that were supplied with my LC kit. The arrow is next to the size that I ordered and the part number that is Black has the BL at the end of the part number. 2 are needed.

Picture1935.jpg

Hope this helps.

R
Huge help thx!!!
I am going to order black FPS fittings part# 481606BL for the blower end to match my black blower
How much hose did you order?
Could you please post some pics of what all this looks like after its installed?
THX AGAIN!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Huge help thx!!!
I am going to order black FPS fittings part# 481606BL for the blower end to match my black blower
How much hose did you order?
Could you please post some pics of what all this looks like after its installed?
THX AGAIN!

I double checked your fitting part number and the 481606BL is Black, but it is -6x1/4". I think you will need -6x3/8" which is 481666BL. That will be nice in black on a black blower!!

As for hose length............I don't know. I have a 3' piece to use on my fuel rail and I have not purchased the hose for the LC yet. I am waiting until I have/make time to do that install. It may be a couple of months. My guess is that 6' "should" be enough for both sections?

R

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I double checked your fitting part number and the 481606BL is Black, but it is -6x1/4". I think you will need -6x3/8" which is 481666BL. That will be nice in black on a black blower!!

As for hose length............I don't know. I have a 3' piece to use on my fuel rail and I have not purchased the hose for the LC yet. I am waiting until I have/make time to do that install. It may be a couple of months. My guess is that 6' "should" be enough for both sections?

R
I checked the Russell part number 660441 you listed in your earlier post and Jegs listed it as a -6x1/4 that is why I listed that number. I will take the fittings out of the blower case and check what size they are.
I measured the 3/8 ID heater hose that KB supplied with the LC upgrade kit and the two pieces measure just over 3' so I would think 3' of hose would do it but will probably get this just to be safe.
#6 Premium Nylon Race Hose 5 FEET 840006 - eBay (item 260730573595 end time Mar-02-11 08:51:13 PST)
Once again thanks for all your help! I owe you a beer...or two! :beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I checked the Russell part number 660441 you listed in your earlier post and Jegs listed it as a -6x1/4 that is why I listed that number. I will take the fittings out of the blower case and check what size they are.
I measured the 3/8 ID heater hose that KB supplied with the LC upgrade kit and the two pieces measure just over 3' so I would think 3' of hose would do it but will probably get this just to be safe.
#6 Premium Nylon Race Hose 5 FEET 840006 - eBay (item 260730573595 end time Mar-02-11 08:51:13 PST)

Please do check the part numbers and size. I could be wrong, I thought the guy who sold me these fittings said they were 3/8 pipe thread for the LC? Maybe he was talking about something else.

If you are correct and the fittings are 1/4" pipe, the 90 degree fittings that I took a picture of will also have to be 1/4" pipe. I did not have the wrappers for them, so I was not able to verify the exact part number.

Please let me know what you find.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

You are correct the pipe thread that screws into the blower and the pipe thread that screws into the aluminum LC hose fittings is 1/4 MPT. So the fittings at each end are -6x1/4 MPT.

Sorry for My confusion.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Yep, about 5 bucks a foot. I would contact the seller and make sure of exactly which hose they are selling in this eBay auction. It lists the 840006 but has the pictures from the slip-on 800006 page. The 840006 hose will work with AN or the specific slip-on fittings mentioned, but the 800006 hose appears to be recommended for the FPS Series 8000 Push-Lite fittings, with no mention of the Series 2000 Hose ends. Just make sure that they are in fact selling the 840006 hose and not the 800006 hose that is pictured in the auction.

840006 on this page...........

Picture1933-3.jpg

800006 on this page, with the picture shown in the auction...........

Picture1932-3.jpg

R

redsap05

Established Member
So the lc version of the 2.8 is really that much better from the standard one. I know it runs cooler, but does that transfer into more power and a faster et's?

Users who are viewing this thread