2.8 LC KB blower

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
you are sending it in for the LC upgrade? so you are sending your current blower in and getting the LC model back? if so how much does such a thing cost?

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
KB told me to expect the blower to run 15% cooler, will be sending it off in January.

I already have a dyno sheet with my current mods so I'll post the both before and after, Rthe blower should be here by Friday...

Now I need to to hunt for a decnt bolt in cage.

OK guys, we're counting on you for the results.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
you are sending it in for the LC upgrade? so you are sending your current blower in and getting the LC model back? if so how much does such a thing cost?
Yes, taking blower off car and sending back to KB. I think the cost for the upgrade was $699

ante

Established Member
Does the LC clear the stock hood?

You need to buy .7 inch lower engine mounts to clear. I have .5 and it is too close for comfort. Evo has a set of .7 that work great! Stock strut bar on as well.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yes, taking blower off car and sending back to KB. I think the cost for the upgrade was $699

That is the price they quoted me also, before I went with the 3.6LC. I didn't think that $699 was bad. I asked about a difference in power output and they said that it had not been tested and they would not quote any numbers, if there was even a difference. Even if there is not a power output difference, we all know that heat is bad, both for power and longevity. If the heat level is lower, there will be many more items "saved" under the GT500 hood than just a blower. I can think of ALL plastic and rubber items to start with..........

I am going the A-N route with my 3.6LC. Here are some preliminary before and after pictures.

Fittings............

Picture1906-4.jpg

Picture1907-3.jpg

Hoses...........

Picture1907-4.jpg

Picture1908-3.jpg

R

Last edited:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Lol too many Roberts in this thread..

Can anyone post a pic of the notched hood to clear the blower?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Eh bit the bullet and ordered the trufiber 3 inch cowl, carbon fiber

DAMN YOU GOTSVT!!! Lol j/k

Last edited:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Shoot me a pm and I'll give you their number, the hood isn't posted on the site I guess it's a secret squierl thing lol

Can't wait to see it on my vista blue !

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
The notching of the GT500 hood would be the same for the 2.8H or 2.8LC right?

R

This is correct, as I have already confirmed this with KB. No additional notching is needed for the LC upgrade.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
That 3.6 w/ aftermarket fittings looks so much cleaner. You should send that pic to KB and that should be the new standard for future kits. Looks great!

Blazeone

Established Member
I have a 2010 GT500 with the KB2.8LC. We used the billet 1/2" lowering engine mounts and still had to notch the hood even with a 3" pulley. The installer left the hood blanket in place so the blower will rub on it a little but any marks on the blower just polish out.

Users who are viewing this thread